The Student Room Group

Incredible women standing up against feminism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bulbasaur
Not that. Just that this entire page screams of special needs...

Anti feminism is no more an indicator of special needs than smug ad hominems are ...
Original post by i-love-coffee
Interesting. If definitions are not provable, or mean nothing, why even bother commenting in the first place. Perhaps the president or the prime minister should have no power, because after all, the definition that they are head of state could equally be that they are the CEO of Heinz Baked Beans.

You have to have definitions for causes. What is homophobia if we can't define it, or racism? And especially in this case, if these women want to be anti-feminist (which they have every right to be) then they need to know what they are actually 'anti' about. And that can only come from knowing about feminism, which I think, they don't fully understand. They see radical feminism and assume everyone is like that.

The fact that they even think they can make a cause like this is a result of feminism giving women a vote and voice in the political sphere.

Not provable =/= mean nothing.

My point is not that definitions are useless, it is that citing a definition does not even remotely constitute an argument.
Original post by imtelling
Armpit hair, leg hair and excessive minge hair are all no, no's on a girl.

Why?

If I want leg hair - why does that bother you?
Original post by TenOfThem
Why?

He, like most men, finds it less attractive than not having leg hair. Why does his sexual preference bother you?
These women are clearly just doing it for sex... or does the whiteknighting bull**** not work that way around?
Reply 45
Original post by victoriajackson
these women are stupid, not incredible.

I guarantee they'll be earning a damn sight more than most feminists. You don't get paid for whining on Tumblr.
Women obviously can't white knight men lol
Original post by KingStannis
He, like most men, finds it less attractive than not having leg hair. Why does his sexual preference bother you?

It doesn't - had he talked of his preference I would have ignored

He suggests that hair on girls is a "no, no" - if he had simply said that he doesn't find hairy girls attractive it would have been different - he actually says that this is a generic preference - that it is natural and ingrained - that not wanting to shave means I want to be like a man?

I am of the view that an individual should decide how they look

Clearly - if I wish to make myself attractive to me who consider leg hair a relevant characteristic then I would have to weigh up the pros and cons of pandering to their sexual preference
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm a girl and modern feminists annoy me. I really appreciate the work that women in the past have done to give us equal rights and change cultural roles. However, nowadays it's a storm in a teacup. At school the girls tend to do better than boys, and more girls go to university. The majority of girls nowadays think 'career' before they think 'family', with more and more becoming working mothers. So realistically, what is the fuss all about? As soon as our generation 'come into power' sexism will be a thing of the past.

The only real thing I think that needs sorting out is women on the front line. Other than that, let's focus our attention on to bigger social issues such as homophobia, racism and even bridging together the generation gaps.
Western women really dont know how good they got it.
Cringe whenever i see these molly coddled privileged broads act like they are going through the real life struggle lol.
It doesn't - had he talked of his preference I would have ignored

He suggests that hair on girls is a "no, no" - if he had simply said that he doesn't find hairy girls attractive it would have been different - he actually says that this is a generic preference - that it is natural and ingrained - that not wanting to shave means I want to be like a man?

I am of the view that an individual should decide how they look

Clearly - if I wish to make myself attractive to me who consider leg hair a relevant characteristic then I would have to weigh up the pros and cons of pandering to their sexual preference

It's a no no for him.

Not liking hair is probably ingrained to some extent. The biological fact that women have less hair is a testament to that I think.

Of course that doesn't mean you should change your behavior in anyway to pander to the predominant sexual preference, if you don't want to. He doesn't suggest you should.
Why?

It doesn't. I couldn't care less. I'm just saying shaved legs on females are much more attractive. The vast majority of males, and females for that matter, would agree with me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KingStannis
It's a no no for him.

Not liking hair is probably ingrained to some extent. The biological fact that women have less hair is a testament to that I think.

Of course that doesn't mean you should change your behavior in anyway to pander to the predominant sexual preference, if you don't want to. He doesn't suggest you should.

I think he does both in that and later posts

Not worth arguing about really
Armpit hair, leg hair and excessive minge hair are all no, no's on a girl...

Why are some men offended by women having armpit hair etc? I mean, it's just as natural as men who have hair on their body. Why aren't you offended by men who don't shave their armpits for example?

I guess those 'anti-feminist' women you praise and who no doubt make sure their armpits are shaved every damn day to satisfy the sensibilities of men feel really empowered by that. Yeah, go anti-feminism!

women against feminism, it has been around for a while glad it is blowing up now.
It's about time man.
Feminism strives for equality amongst both sexes. That is what initially they fought for. In many places across the world, yes many women are still treated unequally because of their gender and we all should fight for that, but that being said, how is not shaving your arm pits, not wearing a tampon or sanitary towel and blaming men for every problem that you have equality?
This isn't 'feminism', no this is what I like to call 'stupidity'.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Axiomasher
Why are some men offended by women having armpit hair etc? I mean, it's just as natural as men who have hair on their body. Why aren't you offended by men who don't shave their armpits for example?

I guess those 'anti-feminist' women you praise and who no doubt make sure their armpits are shaved every damn day to satisfy the sensibilities of men feel really empowered by that. Yeah, go anti-feminism!

Why do you hate attractive armpits? Stop pressuring women into keeping their armpit hair when all they want to do is shave it without being guilt tripped.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by ldsbabe
I'm glad that decades of women before us weren't as stupid as to think that Feminism is a bad thing.

Decades of women before us actually had good reasons to call themselves feminists.

Not quite so much nowadays.
This thread's a joke. I don't know many feminists who "don't shave their armpits", apart from dudes. I'm getting 70s vibes from this place.
Why do you hate attractive armpits? Stop pressuring women into keeping their armpit hair when all they want to do is shave it without being guilt tripped.

:zomg: ........

Lord have mercy on us all.

Quick Reply

Latest