The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
So it's cool to actually have a decent debate with somebody and then he glorify the death of 96 people then?

Wasn't even being cynical here. But hey let that influenced your biased wizard-hunting agenda.

I'm a fan of football, don't let anybody tell you otherwise Pegs. xx

They seem to do a good job of that without me. Whilst conveniently forgetting Heysel. Don't moan about morality when you don't have any.

Despite the new signings, I really want to see the youth players come through and fit into the team, eventually playing to the same high standards as their more experienced teammates.

Gnabry : 19: Set for a loan move to a Premiership club surely. Talk of Everton and Southampton interested.
Zelalem: 17: Very raw still. Will be interesting to see how he fares once he gains more experience and bulks up.
Bellerin: 19: Will he even get a chance? Javi Manquillo (if he signs) and Jenkinson will be in his way.
Crowley: 16: Again, very raw still and anything can happen.
Sanogo: 21: Has proven he has talent against the very best. However, he is 21 and lacks the finishing ability that many young talents had at his age. Positives are that he did not look out of place at all and gave the Bayern defence a headache. Still, looks like he is being turned into a Wenger type of holding striker with a physical presence (Adebayor/Kanu mould perhaps?) and not an out and out goalscoring striker like an Anelka, Henry, RVP.
Campbell: 22: Your guess is as good as mine. I hope Wenger gives him as much a chance as he did for Sanogo. Imo, he is a different sort of player to Sanogo but not necessarily better, they just perform different functions in the team structure.
Oxlade Chamberlain: Sometimes easy to forget that he is only 20. What a player this guy is.

On their way out: Coquelin, Ryo,
Original post by C.Almasy
They seem to do a good job of that without me. Whilst conveniently forgetting Heysel. Don't moan about morality when you don't have any.

Up there with the worst posts I've ever seen on tsr. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C.Almasy
Crowley: 16: Again, very raw still and anything can happen.

Have read very good things about Crowley on Liverpool forums. When he was at Villa he was completely bossing it. They have him up there as one of the elite 5 talents in the country in his age group.
There's a BT Sport ad about the Chelsea match now :tongue:
I just can't wait for the city-arsenal match. I was hoping both teams would have their full teams available but the finalists of the wc are going to be on holiday but should be a good match. Reckon it will have any bearing on what's to come ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786
Reckon it will have any bearing on what's to come ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely none
Khedira's agent has already met with Arsenal. It seems that wage demands are the only stumbling block at the moment. Supposedly wants more than what Ozil is on. Unless he lowers his wage demand I do not think Wenger will break the wage structure for him.

That said, this seems to be more of the agent's doing considering he's on £75k p/w at Madrid. He would get a pay rise either way...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Numan786
I just can't wait for the city-arsenal match. I was hoping both teams would have their full teams available but the finalists of the wc are going to be on holiday but should be a good match. Reckon it will have any bearing on what's to come ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holiday one week before the PL starts?! Are you sure??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Podolski has 115 caps and almost 50 goals for Germany. He also had a couple substitute apps in this WC i think. I don't give two ****s whether he contributed or not, he's a don and should lift that trophy.
Original post by little_tom
Khedira's agent has already met with Arsenal. It seems that wage demands are the only stumbling block at the moment. Supposedly wants more than what Ozil is on. Unless he lowers his wage demand I do not think Wenger will break the wage structure for him.

That said, this seems to be more of the agent's doing considering he's on £75k p/w at Madrid. He would get a pay rise either way...

Sources?

Not worried if you buy Khedira tbh. Good player but not a vast increase on what you have and if you play a Khedira-Arteta midfield next year at any point I'll cry my eyes out laughing.
Original post by Terry McDermott
Sources?

Not worried if you buy Khedira tbh. Good player but not a vast increase on what you have and if you play a Khedira-Arteta midfield next year at any point I'll cry my eyes out laughing.

Kike Marin, hit and miss with other things, but wrt Arsenal has been very accurate this summer. He used to be one of the chief reporters at MARCA iirc.

Something is definately going on, even if there aren't many British sources reporting it. Arsenal and Madrid are known to keep business very discreet when negotiating together*
(edited 9 years ago)
He is undoubtedly a world class midfielder, arguably one that we don't actually need, but for £20M I will take him. What Wenger is doing is very smart. He's buying players from clubs like Madrid and Barca, players that have been there and done it, so the chances of them leaving for another club in the future is incredibly slim unless we push them out ourselves.
Kike Marin, hit and miss with other things, but wrt Arsenal has been very accurate this summer. He used to be one of the chief reporters at MARCA iirc.

Something is definately going on, even if there aren't many British sources reporting it. Arsenal and Madrid are known to keep business very discreet.

I do agree that there probably is something going on.

Not sure how far it will get though, I read the other day in one (respected) paper that you were nearing a deal for Bender, and in another (respected) paper that you were nearing a deal for Khedira. In a third it was Schneiderlin.

Does seem like you could attract him but not too fussed about you getting him.
I do agree that there probably is something going on.

Not sure how far it will get though, I read the other day in one (respected) paper that you were nearing a deal for Bender, and in another (respected) paper that you were nearing a deal for Khedira. In a third it was Schneiderlin.

Does seem like you could attract him but not too fussed about you getting him.

No I mean when Arsenal and Madrid are in negotiations together, we keep things very discreet. Not saying Madrid keep things discreet wrt any other club...
There have been no respected papers saying that we're in for Lars Bender. Telegraph isn't respected.
No I mean when Arsenal and Madrid are in negotiations together, we keep things very discreet. Not saying Madrid keep things discreet wrt any other club...

off the basis of one deal to do with a Madrid cast off you've decided that you have some kind of special agreement with them? Lol. They bent you over for the Ozil fee and might do for Khedira too
There have been no respected papers saying that we're in for Lars Bender. Telegraph isn't respected.

lol, they're hit and miss just like the Times and Guardian are. Indy never has any scoops anyway.

off the basis of one deal to do with a Madrid cast off you've decided that you have some kind of special agreement with them? Lol. They bent you over for the Ozil fee and might do for Khedira too

The Ozil and Khedira situation is different. Madrid had all the cards with Ozil - they knew we were desperate and that time was short. Whereas with Khedira, we can move on if we don't think the deal is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Baptista? Higuain? Latter only really became widely known until we were in very advanced negotiations, like with Ozil.

Latest