The Student Room Group

message "seen" on Facebook

Sometimes it will say when my message has been seen, but to some people it doesn't. Any idea why? I messaged soneone on there a few days ago and they've not replied, but it doesn't say seen and I don't know if I've been ignored (feel such a gimp if so) or it just hasn't been seen. Cheers.
If you don't actually click on the message, it won't be seen. So you can see a person has messaged you, and see the preview of the message, but not necessarily give rise to a 'seen' message. Thus, you've either been ignored (I've often ignored people this way), or they've just missed it.

Original post by Anonymous
Sometimes it will say when my message has been seen, but to some people it doesn't. Any idea why? I messaged soneone on there a few days ago and they've not replied, but it doesn't say seen and I don't know if I've been ignored (feel such a gimp if so) or it just hasn't been seen. Cheers.
Reply 2
I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes it does say seen but you go back about 15 minutes later and the word "seen" disappears and it appears as though it hasn't been read. Even more strange, you go back to the next day and it says read again, at exactly the same time it was read when you last saw it.

I've no idea why it happens, but you're not losing your mind, it happens to me too.
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
If you don't actually click on the message, it won't be seen. So you can see a person has messaged you, and see the preview of the message, but not necessarily give rise to a 'seen' message. Thus, you've either been ignored (I've often ignored people this way), or they've just missed it.

:rofl: Coke or Pepsi (just have both?) is right. However, you can download and install "FB Unseen" in Chrome to remove the notification. Whist you're at it I also reccommend 'Pretty Facebook Chat', 'Photo Zoom' and 'Fabulous'. You can take away that horrible pink/purple colour and return the background to white using those. I'm glad I'm not the only one who ignores people.
Reply 4
Ha thanks for the replies. There's no way to tell if I've been ignored then! Bugger.
If you're on your mobile you can usually see a fair amount of text without having to click on the message. If for example I get a message/reply that just says something short like ''ok'', ''see you then'', ''that's fine'' then I have nothing to reply to, and there's no reason to view it because i've already read it. Doesn't mean i'm ignoring the person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending