The Student Room Group

Part time job interview

So I've got a part time job interview for my local department store (like John Lewis but local). I've got an interview on Wednesday and was looking for some tips? It's for a food sales assistant.

Thanks!
Original post by angelfox
So I've got a part time job interview for my local department store (like John Lewis but local). I've got an interview on Wednesday and was looking for some tips? It's for a food sales assistant.

Thanks!

They will probably ask you the basic retail questions ("what do you know about the company? Why this company? Why this job? tell us about yourself" etc.) but then they'll likely ask some questions relating to the job you have applied for. So it might be "Food X vs Food Y" and "what would you do if....?" sort of questions.

Regardless of the questions though, stay calm, try to relax, and give clear and concise answers. Don't feel like you have to answer the question the second that the interviewer stops talking, take a few seconds to clear your mind, think about the question, and then answer - otherwise you might say a wrong answer/something you regret!

And the interview is a two-way conversation. It's a chance for you to find out more about the company/job role as well as they are trying to think of how suitable you are for the job itself. So don't feel afraid to ask questions at the end.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by MalteseMalteser
They will probably ask you the basic retail questions ("what do you know about the company? Why this company? Why this job? tell us about yourself" etc.) but then they'll likely ask some questions relating to the job you have applied for. So it might be "Food X vs Food Y" and "what would you do if....?" sort of questions.

Regardless of the questions though, stay calm, try to relax, and give clear and concise answers. Don't feel like you have to answer the question the second that the interviewer stops talking, take a few seconds to clear your mind, think about the question, and then answer - otherwise you might say a wrong answer/something you regret!

And the interview is a two-way conversation. It's a chance for you to find out more about the company/job role as well as they are trying to think of how suitable you are for the job itself. So don't feel afraid to ask questions at the end.

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks :smile: It's quite a historic company tbf over 200 years old despite being local. I am going to do a bit of research now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending