The Student Room Group

Important question! someone with knowledge answer please

I just recently finished my A2 exams. I made a mistake by not applying to university through UCAS at the start of the year. Can I still go to university through clearing if I only have good grades and no UCAS account or personal statement.
Yes. You need to apply as normal and select one to five uni choices. Your application will go straight into Clearing as it's past June 30th. Choose one and you'll only pay £11 instead of £22 for 5, as your choices won't see you've selected them anyway. You're then eligible for Clearing like everyone else. You still need to write a personal statement and have a reference.
Reply 2
Original post by Pectorac
Yes. You need to apply as normal and select one to five uni choices. Your application will go straight into Clearing as it's past June 30th. Choose one and you'll only pay £11 instead of £22 for 5, as your choices won't see you've selected them anyway. You're then eligible for Clearing like everyone else. You still need to write a personal statement and have a reference.

I thought that was for adjustment. If I only have good grades can I still go?
Original post by Bricktop
I thought that was for adjustment. If I only have good grades can I still go?

Yes as long as you make an application. Adjustment is for people who have offers but get higher grades on results day than their offers require, and they can choose whether to use adjustment or not.
Reply 4
Yes as long as you make an application. Adjustment is for people who have offers but get higher grades on results day than their offers require, and they can choose whether to use adjustment or not.

When do I make this application, now or when I get my results.
When do I make this application, now or when I get my results.

Now. By the time you get your results, Clearing will have started and a lot of the Clearing places will be being given out. There will be thousands of people phoning up to use Clearing at 9am on results day and you need to be one of them. That's not to say that there will be thousands of people going for the place on the degree you want though, I'm just saying how much of a big deal it is. The course you want might have loads of places and even though say 30 people might phone up for it, they might all get in (they might not). It entirely depends on the course you want to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Now. By the time you get your results, Clearing will have started and a lot of the Clearing places will be being given out. There will be thousands of people phoning up to use Clearing at 9am on results day and you need to be one of them. That's not to say that there will be thousands of people going for the place on the degree you want though, I'm just saying how much of a big deal it is. The course you want might have loads of places and even though say 30 people might phone up for it, they might all get in (they might not). It entirely depends on the course you want to do.

But its summer holiday, how am I going to get a reference from teachers? And are you sure about what you previously said? Thanks for the reply btw
But its summer holiday, how am I going to get a reference from teachers? And are you sure about what you previously said? Thanks for the reply btw

Pectorac's information is correct. As to your reference, you may well struggle at this late stage. The term has not yet ended for everyone, so you may be in luck if you contact school or you may not be. Many schools have the practice of writing a reference for everyone in the upper sixth in case they decide apply late as you have done, so there may be one on file for you. You may be lucky and find that some of the senior staff are still at school who are able to complete the form for you. I would get to work on this first thing tomorrow.
Reply 8
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Pectorac's information is correct. As to your reference, you may well struggle at this late stage. The term has not yet ended for everyone, so you may be in luck if you contact school or you may not be. Many schools have the practice of writing a reference for everyone in the upper sixth in case they decide apply late as you have done, so there may be one on file for you. You may be lucky and find that some of the senior staff are still at school who are able to complete the form for you. I would get to work on this first thing tomorrow.

Do I still have to write a personal statement?
Do I still have to write a personal statement?

Yes, you have to fill it in exactly as if you had done it in time for the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending