The Student Room Group

Is anyone going to protest for Palestine?! (In London or Birmingham)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alfissti
Don't you people have anything better to do?

I won't be going for it as it isn't a cause I support, I do however support Israel's right to defend itself and till you live in a place where your neighbours constantly fires rockets at your house I doubt you'd understand.

Well said. You can't attack someone and when they retaliate claim you are hard done by.
Original post by Mujahid95
Yh Yh mate you got better things to do like play video games go on facebook,

No I don't believe in taking sides when both are in the wrong. I stand for justice and when both are in the wrong I am willing to do so. I'm not going to take sides with someone because they are of the same religion to me.
Original post by TSA
I stand for justice and when both are in the wrong I am willing to do so.

So how do you stand for justice in this matter? When you say both are in the wrong, you're inferring to the Hamas and Israeli government right? But it is innocent people being killed. The innocent people are not in the wrong are they? This goes for both Israeli and Palestinians victims who don't have a say in the matter and never asked to be part of this deathly conflict caused by uncompromising governments.

In you're opinion what do you think should happen about the innocent people who have been blown apart by bombs, and those who are at this second are living in terror?
Reply 43
I went to a pro-Palestine protest in Manchester during the previous conflict. There a lot of chants and picketers and people marching around. Personally, I feel that protests are an incredibly important tool for ordinary people in a democracy. If you feel strongly about something and you know that a protest is going on then go down there and join it, definitely.

I won't be going for it as it isn't a cause I support, I do however support Israel's right to defend itself and till you live in a place where your neighbours constantly fires rockets at your house I doubt you'd understand.

Bull****, do some research.
Original post by Diamante06
So how do you stand for justice in this matter? When you say both are in the wrong, you're inferring to the Hamas and Israeli government right? But it is innocent people being killed. The innocent people are not in the wrong are they? This goes for both Israeli and Palestinians victims who don't have a say in the matter and never asked to be part of this deathly conflict caused by uncompromising governments.

In you're opinion what do you think should happen about the innocent people who have been blown apart by bombs, and those who are at this second are living in terror?

In war there is always casuaties. Both may be wrong however some more than others.

I support the right of the Palestinian's to defend themselves and till you love in a place where your neighbours bombed the local disabled people's home and completely annihilated your city/country I doubt you would understand.
Original post by Cyphrex
In war there is always casuaties. Both may be wrong however some more than others.

Yeah I guess so. So we'll just all sit back and see the amount of victims increase and do nothing about it. It's a great plan.
I'll be honest, here sadly I'm not sure the situation will change. Israel will eventually leave Gaza in such a state where most are either to beaten down to retaliate or under Israels control. People wonder the reason for some rises in terrorism yet they don't see that situations like this is reason for it's creation. I don't consider Hamas a terrorist group they have every right to defend themselves, but some more extreme groups can easily take advantage of this situation.
I don't see the UK or US getting involved until it is too late. They were happy to jump in when Iraq had rumored weapons of mass destruction, or Afghanistan with suspected violation of human rights and rise of terrorist group. But when you have definitive proof of an ongoing conflict for how many years they can't get off their fat asses. I doubt they care, if they cared they would have intervened by now. They will intervene either when it is to late or not at all.
The only way I can see a change is if perhaps another Arab country perhaps decided to intervene and help Gaza but Israel have the backing of the U.S I think perhaps they are to scared of a backlash.

I love how most people call Islam a religion of terror but the rise in fundamentalism in Islam is perhaps due to other country. I mean who created Al-Quaeda? It was the USA. Who was responsible for Isis? USA and the UK.
People are so up themselves that they can't see that it is the greed of their country that has resulted in a backlash.
Anyway I'm going off topic.
Reply 49
The war won't end until Hamas gives up, and I can't see that happening for a very long time. It is beneficial for them to prolong the war as much as possible - the more people who are affected, the more people will join their "cause". Eventually, so many people will side with Palestine that they will gain the political upper hand, and when Israel doesn't have international support it doesn't have anything - it's literally surrounded by people who want to destroy it.

Original post by GnomeMage
Shame

No one in this world dares to speak out against israel.

Virtually my whole news feed is pissed at Israel.
The only reason I don't personally say anything is because I have friends on both sides and at least one of them would start bitching if I mentioned anything to do with it.
(edited 9 years ago)
There is 0 point of doing so, Israel is an atheistic entity created initially for European atheist Jew zionists who wanted to tie their ideology to land, this nationalism came out from England, a country which is only nominally Christian but is pretty much Atheistic and so will always favour Israel.

and lol at the idea of israel losing the upper hand if it loses international support. The USA and UK could do nothing to Israel even if they wanted to
Pointless. Until Palestine accept Israel as a country and stop rockets at them there will never be peace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Pointless. Until Palestine accept Israel as a country and stop rockets at them there will never be peace.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless Israel accept that they are being barbaric and stop their bombardment on innocent civilians, then you're right, there never will be peace.
Reply 53
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Until Israelis accept the Palestinians as people equal to them. There will never be peace.

Original post by Cyphrex
I'll be honest, here sadly I'm not sure the situation will change. Israel will eventually leave Gaza in such a state where most are either to beaten down to retaliate or under Israels control. People wonder the reason for some rises in terrorism yet they don't see that situations like this is reason for it's creation. I don't consider Hamas a terrorist group they have every right to defend themselves, but some more extreme groups can easily take advantage of this situation.
I don't see the UK or US getting involved until it is too late. They were happy to jump in when Iraq had rumored weapons of mass destruction, or Afghanistan with suspected violation of human rights and rise of terrorist group. But when you have definitive proof of an ongoing conflict for how many years they can't get off their fat asses. I doubt they care, if they cared they would have intervened by now. They will intervene either when it is to late or not at all.
The only way I can see a change is if perhaps another Arab country perhaps decided to intervene and help Gaza but Israel have the backing of the U.S I think perhaps they are to scared of a backlash.

I love how most people call Islam a religion of terror but the rise in fundamentalism in Islam is perhaps due to other country. I mean who created Al-Quaeda? It was the USA. Who was responsible for Isis? USA and the UK.
People are so up themselves that they can't see that it is the greed of their country that has resulted in a backlash.
Anyway I'm going off topic.

Youre right. It is never going to change because the western countries who hold all the influence and power are all pussies. Too scared of Israel.
Lol its well known by now that the Iraq war was over oil. The nuclear weapons facade was just a way to get into the country. I remember reading an article where a journalist was sent to Iraq and his boss told him they were actually sure if there were nuclear weapons, they thought there were :rolleyes:
And tbh wtf why the hell does it matter to the US if anyone has nucleur weapons. They have them and no one says **** all to them! Not to mention they provided Israel with them, yet when a middle Eastern country gives them to another. Its the end of the ****ing world! Who the **** to America think they are?! Can't wait till China kicks their arse and becomes the world number 1 superpower! :angry:

But yeah, anyone who has a problem with protesting. We all know that's just bull****. If university fees went up to £10,000 (an exaggeration of course) I bet some of you ***** would be the first people down there waving your stupid banners and posters outside downing street!! :mad:
Original post by katbob

Oh my gosh.... Go and watch the news you daft bleep.
No one even bothered replying to you cause you're either trying to troll or you really are just that stupid and ignorant.
Go away you silly person.

Ahhh just because someone doesn't your cause they are daft. Right.
Could we be a bit more polite please! Thread will close if it descends in to ****ty name calling...
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you would find that this information is sufficient enough for your pointless arguments:

Now answer me, whose country was it first?
Reply 57
Ahhh just because someone doesn't your cause they are daft. Right.

Someone doesn't what, sorry..? Yeah didn't think so.
And its not about "my cause" its about what's clearly right and wrong. But you're just being purposely blind and ignorant.

But jeez didn't expect this thread to blow up (no pun intended) whilst I was gone for three hours. Can't a girl nap in peace :tongue:
Original post by katbob
its about what's clearly right and wrong.

Well that's definitely bull. Neither side can claim to be "clearly right" on this. A pox on both their houses.

They're both as bad as each other.
Reply 59
Original post by Drewski
Well that's definitely bull. Neither side can claim to be "clearly right" on this. A pox on both their houses.

They're both as bad as each other.

Its Israel that were given land that wasn't theirs in the first place.
Its Israel that have been invading their neighbouring countries like Lebanon and Palestine.
Its Israel that's the whole damn problem!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest