The Student Room Group

Internal Exclusion

I just received and served a one day internal exclusion (isolation) for playing "take down" and it getting physical and was told by my friends that this will stay on my permanent record and mean I can't go to a good uni. Is this true? Any replies are appreciated. I am in year 10 by the way.
Original post by Banksie
I just received and served a one day internal exclusion (isolation) for playing "take down" and it getting physical and was told by my friends that this will stay on my permanent record and mean I can't go to a good uni. Is this true? Any replies are appreciated. I am in year 10 by the way.

No. Your reference will contain the good things about you. If there are none, it will be short and that will tell its own story, but if you behave decently and work hard, that is what your reference will say.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No. Your reference will contain the good things about you. If there are none, it will be short and that will tell its own story, but if you behave decently and work hard, that is what your reference will say.

Okay thank you, I am on target to get A*s in nearly all of my subjects so I should be alright, thank you again!
Reply 3
Original post by Banksie

Nope. It's a commonly used scare tactic from schools. If a permanent record DOES exist (a big if) it will not be passed on to uni and colleges. I was externally and internally excluded at school and went off the rails a bit but nothing got passed on or anything like that.
Original post by alapa
Nope. It's a commonly used scare tactic from schools. If a permanent record DOES exist (a big if) it will not be passed on to uni and colleges. I was externally and internally excluded at school and went off the rails a bit but nothing got passed on or anything like that.

There is a file on every student in school and it will contain details of exclusions etc
Reply 5
Original post by TenOfThem
There is a file on every student in school and it will contain details of exclusions etc

I'll take your word for it that it does exist. It just gathers dust then.
Original post by alapa
I'll take your word for it that it does exist. It just gathers dust then.

You can take mine as well. It only gathers dust if it isn't constantly being added to with more misdemeanours. It will be used for parent/teacher meetings and disciplinary meetings, and the important aspects will be passed on from form tutor to form tutor. It won't be used to write Ucas references because that isn't the place for these details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending