The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I think most people criticising Khedira have only seen him for 1 or 2 matches he managed to be fit for in the CL this year
Can anyone here name what Southampton's XI would have been had they not sold all their young talent over the last 7-8 years?
Original post by AR_95
I think most people criticising Khedira have only seen him for 1 or 2 matches he managed to be fit for in the CL this year

Lol most people criticising him hate anything to do with Arsenal. Wait till the big games and then we will have our answers.
Original post by Birdman1234567
Can anyone here name what Southampton's XI would have been had they not sold all their young talent over the last 7-8 years?

Boruc
Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw
Ox Schneiderlin Lallana
Walcott Rodriguez Bale

Although it wouldn't be because without selling the players they did they couldn't have bought the other players, in fact they would have gone bankrupt without the Walcott sale.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's funny how over a period of 2 years Arteta went from being one of the first names on the team sheet, with a 0% win rate without him. To straight deadwood, I don't think he can be too disgruntled that he's being sidelined tho, he's had a good run tbf. Such an upgrade on his Everton career, he's gotten to play for his 2nd dream club after Barca, win the a FA cup and play Champions league football consistently. He's no Andre Santos, he will be remembered :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 785
Original post by C.Almasy
Lol most people criticising him hate anything to do with Arsenal. Wait till the big games and then we will have our answers.

Actually loads of Arsenal fans here have also been doing the same.
Reply 786
It's funny how over a period of 2 years Arteta went from one of the first names on the team sheet, with a 0% win rate without him. To straight deadwood, he can't be too disgruntled that he's sidelined tho, he's had a good run. Such an upgrade on his Everton career, he got to play for his 2nd dream club after Barca, win the a FA cup and play Champions league football consistently.

Age has hit him and will hit everyone else too at a point lol
Original post by AR_95
Actually loads of Arsenal fans here have also been doing the same.

You do realise BaconButty is a troll account right?
One thing is for sure, I am personally NEVER going to use any BT services again (already use none of them), clearly controlled by northern morons.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Boruc
Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw
Ox Schneiderlin Lallana
Walcott Rodriguez Bale

Although it wouldn't be because without selling the players they did they couldn't have bought the other players, in fact they would have gone bankrupt without the Walcott sale.

Would be the best counter attacking side in the league :sogood:
It's funny how over a period of 2 years Arteta went from being one of the first names on the team sheet, with a 0% win rate without him. To straight deadwood, I don't think he can be too disgruntled that he's being sidelined tho, he's had a good run tbf. Such an upgrade on his Everton career, he's gotten to play for his 2nd dream club after Barca, win the a FA cup and play Champions league football consistently.

I don't even think he's that bad 2011-12 & 12-13 season he was good. Just this season admittedly he has been poor and caught out many times. Now our fans want to get rid of him, personally I'd like him to stay we can use him in Carling Cup, Fa Cup and against the smaller where he's less likely to get caught out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
Original post by C.Almasy
You do realise BaconButty is a troll account right?

Yeah but he wasn't the only one
The club that has been haunted by the special one, just to remind you all, Mourinho 6, Wenger 0.
Wilshere smoking again, I reckon Wenger's getting very tired of him.
Reply 794
Original post by EdenHazard
The club that has been haunted by the special one, just to remind you all, Mourinho 6, Wenger 0.

nibble nibble
Reply 795
Original post by alittlehelp

Get rid of him or loan him out to some mid table/ team lol, will teach him a lesson, if not he can go
Ffs what's happened to wilshere! I swear he's pissing me off what happened to all his talk of buckling down and getting on with it. It seems like he's happy with where he is and that's sad to see considering the potential he has and the influence he can have on the arsenal and England team.

I feel his position has moved from a cm to more of a cam/wing hybrid player in the mould of iniesta ie his playing style as he's no where near iniesta. Though there's no point having this discussion if he's not gonna take it seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How he and Ramsey have gone two different ways. Fulfil the potential you had, Jack.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's funny how over a period of 2 years Arteta went from being one of the first names on the team sheet, with a 0% win rate without him. To straight deadwood, I don't think he can be too disgruntled that he's being sidelined tho, he's had a good run tbf. Such an upgrade on his Everton career, he's gotten to play for his 2nd dream club after Barca, win the a FA cup and play Champions league football consistently. He's no Andre Santos, he will be remembered :colonhash:

Arteta isn't deadwood. Ability wise he may not be a regular for first team football but he can still do a job in midfield but more importantly his experience and the leadership he displays in the squad is invaluable. He has an excellent understanding of the game Youth player need people like Arteta for guidance

Latest