The Student Room Group

Incredible women standing up against feminism

Scroll to see replies

These women need to get back into the kitchen and shut up. They should not have the nerve to vote - because thats what feminism and the suffragette movement has given them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by i-love-coffee
I'd love to agree with you, but that's not what those women are doing at all if you go on the faceboook page - I wish it was. Some post photos like 'I don't need feminism because I believe in real equality?'... I'm sorry, what? or 'I don't need feminism because I'm not a victim?'.. Just because some 16 year old facebook addict in america takes a photo saying that their not a victim does not mean there are not other women who aren't victims?

They haven't differentiated anywhere on the facebook between first wave feminism, second wave, modern or radical. It's the most uneducated thing I've seen in a while.

you've actually misunderstood what those messages are inferring, if it makes you sleep better my original analysis is right, you'll just have to trust me. I'm not going to bother explaining the context of the photos because I will get absolutely nothing from it and it will take at least 2 posts

but yeah they should have named the group: women against oppressive feminism, because now internet feminists are ignoring the intended message and calling them idiots
Reply 82
Original post by Messalina
Can you explain exactly how my future has been thrown away? Or is that just a generalisation and conjecture?

Feminism leads women to believe that they are owed and teaches them that the state owes them what they desire and that they have no responsibility to go and work for it. I'd be interested to see how many women earning £100k plus are feminists. My guess is very few.
feminism, lmao
Original post by #Ridwan
Feminism leads women to believe that they are owed and teaches them that the state owes them what they desire and that they have no responsibility to go and work for it. I'd be interested to see how many women earning £100k plus are feminists. My guess is very few.

Why don't you go and ask them?

Money is not the only way to gain achievement in life. I have a decent graduate job paying over 20k, I enjoy lots of hobbies in my free time, I am involved in activism with Amnesty and LGBT causes as well as being a feminist. As of yet you still haven't convinced me, whatsoever, of how MY future has been taken away by feminism. I make my own way in the world, not trying to please men every step of the way, because my happiness is more important to me than the approval of male strangers.

Frankly you just sound like a man who hasn't got his own way and so is blaming women - in particular women who make their own decisions and do not constantly seek male approval - for his problems, which is a bit pathetic. I may well be wrong, of course, but you're presenting such a woefully biased and badly resourced argument that I just cannot take you seriously :smile:
I cannot take feminism seriously becuase the study of biology exists.
Original post by i-love-coffee
I completely get Women Against Radical Feminism... but Women Against Feminism.. seriously? Feminism is just equality for women and men... that's women against equality; stupid.

Plus, these women wouldn't even have 'voices' to be against feminism if it wasn't for feminism!

Ridiculous.

To be quite honest, the distinction between ordinary feminism and radical feminism has become very blurred as of late. Both flavours act to put the wellbeing of women before men, pretend problems that both genders face are female-orientated problems, and generally have a gender-biased attitude. It may be for equality in theory, but it doesn't appear to behave this way; not when feminists continuously push defunct factoids and almost always ignore the male side of every coin.

"Plus, these women wouldn't even have 'voices' to be against feminism if it wasn't for feminism!" Meh, that's a bit of a stretch...
(edited 9 years ago)
I feel sorry for all the oppressed women in third world countries that get no attention because of western feminism stealing all the headlines.
Stealing all the headlines away from legitimate male issues as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
Damn the women on that page are hot as well. Intelligent and beautiful. Would so wife.

Ye it would be great if western feminists cared about the women in 3rd world countries. To bad theres a very small number of them that actually work to help women in third world countries. Most of them are just trying to get more privileges in USA/UK etc.

Pretty and intelligent women, and probably with out an envious bone in their body. Would marry all of them. :colondollar:
I feel sorry for all the oppressed women in third world countries that get no attention because of western feminism stealing all the headlines.

You are talking as if the West is the only place which produces headlines.

Western feminists should never be made to feel guilty about discussing issues that concern them. Thats racism.
Original post by holmes221
Pretty and intelligent women, and probably with out an envious bone in their body. Would marry all of them. :colondollar:

Have seriously fallen in love with the first one.

Original post by imtelling
You are talking as if the West is the only place which produces headlines.

Western feminists should never be made to feel guilty about discussing issues that concern them. Thats racism.

lol. racism. k.
(edited 9 years ago)
Who cares.
Original post by vickidc18
Wow the ignorance and idiocy never fails to astound me. These girls needed feminism (not radical feminism) or they would still be their husbands property, locked in the kitchen pushing countless babies out and not even being able to write those stupid cards because of being denied an education. Feminism is still needed widely as many countries have deplorable womens rights in 2014.

Globally, 1 in 5 girls of lower secondary school age is out of school
Source: UNESCO - UNESCO’s Institute for Statistics

Girls’ primary school completion rates are below 50% in most poor countries.
Source: UNESCO - UNESCO’s Institute for Statistics

Every year, 10 million girls are forced or coerced into marriage.
Source: Bruce, J. and S. Clark (2004), “The Implications of Early Marriage for HIV/AIDS Policy”, Brief based on backgroundpaper prepared for the WHO/UNFPA/Population Council Technical Consultation on Married Adolescents New York

1 in every 3 girls in the developing world is married by the age of 18.
Source: UNICEF (2011), “The State of the World’s Children 2011, Adolescence: An Age of Opportunity”, New York: UNICEF Population Council.

The leading cause of death for young women aged 15-19 in developing countries is pregnancy.
Source: Because I am a Girl. The State of the World’s Girls 2009. Girls in the Global Economy: Adding It All Up, p.51. London, Plan. World Health Organization WHO, Women and Health

1 in 7 marries before they reach the age of 15.
Source: The Elders (2010), “Child Marriage”..

Emphasis on "poor countries" here. Where do feminists do most of their complaining? 1st world countries.

Also, according to the UNESCO Institute for Statistics, your own source, roughly the same number of boys are out of school globally (20% of boys versus 21% of girls), but it appears you've left this out.
The real struggle is for women's rights in the Islamic states that OP doubtless supports.
Have seriously fallen in love with the first one.
lol. racism. k.

So, you are saying you are unworthy of an opinion because of your skin colour?
Original post by imtelling
So, you are saying you are unworthy of an opinion because of your skin colour?

lol. no. lol.
Original post by Dandaman1
Emphasis on "poor countries" here. Where do feminists do most of their complaining? 1st world countries.

Also, according to the UNESCO Institute for Statistics, your own source, roughly the same number of boys are out of school globally (20% of boys versus 21% of girls), but it appears you've left this out.

Ye thats actually ridiculous. This is why you can't take anything feminists say seriously.
Original post by ldsbabe
But the only reason you find no hair attractive is because of societal pressures, trends and crafty advertising which led women to believe they needed to shave.

Yes you're right, but women need one way or the other to style themselves. That's just how the species works. No doubt that after the 1990s-2000s fashion for a bare mound has passed, long pubes will come back into fashion - but I guarantee they'll have to be shaped. What counts is that you've done something to style it rather than letting it grow.

Armpit and leg hair can't really be shaped so the only option to show you've taken the time to style it is to shave it all off. That's why fashion doesn't change (so quickly) for that.

What do you think?
Original post by KingStannis
I cannot take feminism seriously becuase the study of biology exists.

Your point being?
Original post by The Socktor
Your point being?

My point being, most of what feminists attribute to some elusive patriarchy twiddling the knobs of society, can be attributed to sexual dimorphism. Take gender roles as an example; a conspiracy to keep women down, or the performing of tasks our bodies evolved for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending