The Student Room Group

If your 13 year old sister got pregnant, how would you feel/what would you do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilyobz
simple abortion really, and yes i would be dissapointed

Makes me sad how you can say "simple abortion really"...
Reply 61
Original post by arkhamz
It takes two to tango.

I meant beat up the father of the baby but yeah
I'd probably beat her up for getting knocked up in the first place,
My little sister is 10 though but still...
Although after I've done that I'd try and get her to give her child away, she's too young to give her life away,
Heck I'm 16 and for the next 7 years or so I'd feel too young to even consider having a child

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Novascope
Makes me sad how you can say "simple abortion really"...

early stage of pregnancy, whatever is in there isnt even human, i really wouldnt shed a tear
Original post by lilyobz
early stage of pregnancy, whatever is in there isnt even human, i really wouldnt shed a tear

Lol am I crying? Anyway everyone's entitled to their own opinion on the matter
Original post by Novascope
Lol am I crying? Anyway everyone's entitled to their own opinion on the matter

i didn't say "you" were crying, im saying i personally wouldn't be distraught about it 0.0
why are people so judgemental? if we're talking about a hypothetical 13 yr old, a) you dont know the circumstances, it could have even been rape, and b) its only natural, it can happen to anyone in the heat of the moment (oh and i say this as a 17 yr old virgin, am not using as an excuse for my behaviour) and c) dont you love your sister and would want to support her and her baby, should she choose to have it (her choice) no matter what. she would have gone through enough with society judging her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MylittlePlusle
Yesterday on Omegle, under the interest of pregnancy (There are a lot of males who are into that fetish...) I met a 13 year old girl who was pregnant...

There is the chat: http://logs.omegle.com/5bd89c8

I don't think she fully understands what will happen to her life, I feel sorry for her parents, they will have to be parents again...

I don't think any gynecologist would allow a 13 year old to have a child.

I can't help but think you were a little harsh drilling on about abortion, you could have suggested adoption?

But I agree with you, FAR TOO young
Original post by karmacrunch
You realise that she is 24 right?
Or is that the point, that 13 year olds see her as a role model? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Role model :/
Original post by cuckoo99
Role model :/

Well isn't that more the fault of the parents for not correcting that behaviour?

The idea that celebrities become our role models in good in some sense, because some of them have good traits. But it doesn't mean that they then have to be perfect, or that we should follow everything that they do.

I think Sebastian Vettel is a good role model in some senses, he's a fantastic athlete and hasn't let anything go to his head etc. but he did dye his hair blonde because he lost a bet, and swore in podium interviews and demanded a Brazillian nightclub get some Jagermeister for the celebrations of his 4th (could have been the third actually) championship. He also has a baby to a woman he's not married to, but he is 27...
He shouldn't have to become a model for good behaviour in all aspects of his life just because I think that he's a good role model in that he's a dedicated athlete. And it's up to me as a parent (hypothetically speaking, I don't have or want kids) to point out to my children that the athleticism is good, but the swearing is bad.
Original post by hafzaaa
Being 13 and pregnant is not a great thing but aborting makes everything worse and would psychologically disturb her. After a while she will get used to it and look after her child just as any parent would, her age does not stop her from being a good mother. If this was my sister I'd not tell her to abort I'd support her and help her with the child, because that's what family does.

She won't look after it though will she. HER PARENTS will look after it. The child will be 3-4 when she finishes the legally required education. So she missed out on the sleepless nights, nappy changing, crying, puking, all the good stuff because she's at school.

At which point she'll drop out and society will support the child OR she'll continue with education in which case the child will nearly be in it's teens by the time she takes up the majority of the responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I am 13 as well. Maybe you could support her. Or maybe she could tell someone. Maybe she could do something. I am so sorry to hear that. And I am sorry if this advice wan't good enough.I feel like supporting her.
Original post by Sofie Rose
Hi I am 13 as well. Maybe you could support her. Or maybe she could tell someone. Maybe she could do something. I am so sorry to hear that. And I am sorry if this advice wan't good enough.I feel like supporting her.

This thread is from 6 years ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending