The Student Room Group

Is anyone going to protest for Palestine?! (In London or Birmingham)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katbob

Its Israel that were given land that wasn't theirs in the first place.
Its Israel that have been invading their neighbouring countries like Lebanon and Palestine.
Its Israel that's the whole damn problem!

There is no moral high ground when both sides cause the deaths of their opponents. Does Israel's actions cause unnecessary pain and suffering? Yes. But so does those who retaliate.

They're both in the wrong.

Use rational thought processes and reply with something that, for once, is not emotionally lead. How can you really support one side who uses killing people as a tactic when their opposition do the exact same thing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 61
Personally I think its pointless and won't change anything. The place is sadly doomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wont attend. I only care about myself..
Yeah, I purposely want to go and spend my free time with some smelly hippies :confused:

No thanks
Reply 64
Original post by Limpopo
I wont attend. I only care about myself..

Lol fair enough. The most legit reason I've heard so far lol :smile:

Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Yeah, I purposely want to go and spend my free time with some smelly hippies :confused:

No thanks

Actually, Muslims are the cleanest people you will ever meet on the whole.
Just so you know :smile:

Original post by Drewski
There is no moral high ground when both sides cause the deaths of their opponents. Does Israel's actions cause unnecessary pain and suffering? Yes. But so does those who retaliate.

Use rational thought processes and reply with something that, for once, is not emotionally lead. How can you really support one side who uses killing people as a tactic when their opposition do the exact same thing?

I apologise for losing my temper.

Israel doesn't suffer. It has nothing compared to what Palestine is going through.
I'm not talking about emotions here I'm talking about the solid facts and figures. Death on one side (Palestine) compared to injuries (Israel) on the other.
I would find the stuff and link it to you, if you would be willing to read it? But I'm not compromising on justifying the death of millions of Palestinian people just because they're defending themselves.
Have you not seen Israel has the most advanced weaponry. Its pathetic to even make a comparison. Not to mention Israel unfairly has American funding too.

Original post by de_monies
Could we be a bit more polite please! Thread will close if it descends in to ****ty name calling...

Sorry.
I worked myself into a rage in my rant about America. Then this guy came in right on cue lol
Original post by katbob
Lol fair enough. The most legit reason I've heard so far lol :smile:

Israel doesn't suffer. It has nothing compared to what Palestine is going through.
I'm not talking about emotions here I'm talking about the solid facts and figures. Death on one side (Palestine) compared to injuries (Israel) on the other.
I would find the stuff and link it to you, if you would be willing to read it? But I'm not compromising on justifying the death of millions of Palestinian people just because they're defending themselves.
Have you not seen Israel has the most advanced weaponry. Its pathetic to even make a comparison. Not to mention Israel unfairly has American funding too.

Sorry.
I worked myself into a rage in my rant about America. Then this guy came in right on cue lol

I think you can have a rage-y rant :rant: about the US, without being insulting. I'm fine criticising pretty much most countries in the world :smile:
Original post by katbob

When I read this as your reply to what the poster said I facepalmed in real life.
I will be spending my gap year in israel....yay cant wait to be fired rockets on by hamas terrorists
Original post by katbob

Ofc it suffers, it's moronic to suggest otherwise.

And the method of maiming and killing is really irrelevant. Does it matter how someone dies when the end result is they're still dead? Is death by airstrike better or worse than death by suicide bomber? Are you really trying to quantify that? Don't be absurd.

You're not talking about facts and figures. The facts are that people die on both sides from actions from the other. That's it.

And both sides get US funding. Not equal amounts, sure, but they still get it.
Original post by katbob

I'm talking about all protesters in general, goddamn hippies
Original post by Drewski

In War loss of life occurs. Casualties occur. The question who has the most justification to attack the other. WW2 Germans and British both caused civilian casualties however who was more in the wrong under previous actions and ultimate goals?
Reply 71
Original post by TSA
When I read this as your reply to what the poster said I facepalmed in real life.

Yeah don't worry I do that all the time too, when I read back my posts.
What was wrong with my reply though? :confused: if your clean then you won't be smelly.
Oh wait actually does curry count as being smelly?
And thanks a lot! :mad: Now I can't edit it out cause you've quoted me and he'll see it! :colondollar:

Original post by de_monies
I think you can have a rage-y rant :rant: about the US, without being insulting. I'm fine criticising pretty much most countries in the world :smile:

Its not just that lol. Other things have been driving me mad too. I'm just channelling my anger through this thread. Its been therapeutic! Until I got told off for it :frown:

No one takes stuff to heart anyway? Lol
Original post by Cyphrex
In War loss of life occurs. Casualties occur. The question who has the most justification to attack the other. WW2 Germans and British both caused civilian casualties however who was more in the wrong under previous actions and ultimate goals?

I don't disagree with that, but I'm saying that using side A's actions as justifications to support side B while simultaneously ignoring side B's actions is rank hypocrisy.
Original post by Drewski
I don't disagree with that, but I'm saying that using side A's actions as justifications to support side B while simultaneously ignoring side B's actions is rank hypocrisy.

Fair enough. But side A's actions are responsible for side B. I'm not ignoring the actions of Side B.
However Side A is more in the wrong than Side B due to their action responsible for the entirety of the conflict.
Side A should have understood the consequences of their actions.
Israel instigating this comflict should have understood the backlash they should have expected from thus actions. I feel sorry for the innocent individuals. But I absolutely detest Israel.
No. Not interested in wasting a few hours of my life.
Reply 75
Original post by gideon123
I will be spending my gap year in israel....yay cant wait to be fired rockets on by hamas terrorists

Yay!! :woohoo:
Can't wait to see all the publicity you get for being British. When I bet the return fire resulting from your death will wipe out another 100 Palestinians. But that's okay, your British status really makes up for that.

Original post by Drewski
Ofc it suffers, it's moronic to suggest otherwise.

And the method of maiming and killing is really irrelevant. Does it matter how someone dies when the end result is they're still dead? Is death by airstrike better or worse than death by suicide bomber? Are you really trying to quantify that? Don't be absurd.

You're not talking about facts and figures. The facts are that people die on both sides from actions from the other. That's it.

And both sides get US funding. Not equal amounts, sure, but they still get it.

Oh for goodness sake..

You're not even willing to listen. So I'm going to stop here.
If you wanted a proper discussion/debate then you would have allowed me to link you the relevant articles (by authentic British broadsheet newspapers) and then proceeded to either getting your own and we could have come to some kind of compromise.
But no, you just want to ramble on about baseless things that make no sense. But I CBA anymore.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

One more thing... :facepalm:
:facepalm: to you all! :redface:
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
I'm talking about all protesters in general, goddamn hippies

:frown:
Are you calling me a hippy? :frown:
I'm not smelly. I shower once a week. Honest. :frown:
Original post by lilypear
3 Israelis were badly injured but none died

137 Palestinians have died already with bomb dropping on Gaza almost every hour.

Tell me, who has the right to defend themselves?

Who is it that fires on average 6-20 rockets each hour into Israel? Thankfully most of it are junk ones for now that are fired indiscriminately.

There is a very simple reason why there are hardly any Israeli casualties with physical injuries. Israel takes the safety of people within its land with the utmost importance.

Israel invested in a system called Iron Dome which is an anti-missile system. Fortifies many buildings from bus stops to underground shelters where its citizens could go into and also most buildings tend to be built in view that the country is surrounded by crap neighbours thus are rather well made. I suppose it does help that it doesn't use human shields as well.

The Iron Dome system has proven to be 90% accurate and at a cost of US$40k for each shot it doesn't come cheap but Israel views it that you can't put a price on life of persons within its borders.

High casualties on the other side isn't surprising, many of the rockets are purposely stored in areas with high civilian population and many are also made in places of religious importance.

One thing should be noted, Israel prior to bombing an area does drop thousands of leaflets warning civilian populations to vacate the area, pity hamas instead tells its civilians to ignore it and plenty often purposely enter into the very building in hope it would prevent the Israelis from razing it to the ground.

Lack of civilian bomb shelters certainly isn't due to lack of money, much of the hamas leadership are extremely wealthy thanks in part to the millions they receive in foreign aid.
Reply 77
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
No. Not interested in wasting a few hours of my life.

Not even for a good cause?? It would be time better spent. Plus you might get to meet some nice people.. Its not all just Muslims there you know.

All I'm saying to everyone is just think if you were in the Palestinians position. Being subject to mental torture and demoralisation. Every aspect of your life restricted. Then for it to be turned around and the rest of the world thinks that those who are oppressing you, are the ones who are being unfairly treated.
How awful. :frown:
And then people can't even give a few hours of their time to fight, to stand up, to help liberate you.
Its all going to die down again in awhile. That why we need the maximum number of people to make the biggest impact. There probably won't be anymore protests after these tbh.
Interesting fact : Israeli attacks kills 100+ Palestinians a whole bunch of imbeciles are being in uproar.

ISIS has killed 12k plus muslims of various sects, plenty who aren't muslims and razed or demolished places of worship but much of you are silent.
Reply 79
I'm going tomorrow outside the BBC 5:30-7:30.

Quick Reply

Latest