The Student Room Group

Feminism = Female Supremacism: Men are the weaker sex.

Feminist's have finally shown their hand. Told the world what their true intentions and motivations are. Writing in the Guardian on Friday, prominent Feminist Hannah Betts said that, quote:

.....it is the male not the female of the species that is the weaker sex.

.....it is boys, not girls, who are the lemmings of the human species.

Without a glimmer of irony, she justifies these extraordinarily sexist and hate filled quotes on the back of some 'research' (scientific sexism), which says that males are the biologically weaker sex.

It really is a telling piece. It tells us men what we are up against. You can read the full diatribe here:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/11/oh-how-we-fret-about-girls
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And the feminists on here have the nerve to call me crazy when I expose the radicalism of their movement. Great post, this is yet further evidence that they are insane and aim to bring about societal collapse.
Because one woman who calls herself a feminist automatically defines what all other people who call themselves feminists think, clearly.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Because one woman who calls herself a feminist automatically defines what all other people who call themselves feminists think, clearly.

How many times has this line been repeated?

It's not one woman, it's countless numbers constantly. If you want to see a substantial group of them, head over to The Guardian.
are we doing that thing where posts about how awful feminism is dominate the society subforum! Yay, it's only been like 3 weeks since the last time this happened! Maybe this time those evil feminists will stop their vendetta of hatred against you poor, innocent nice guys and then all the world will be lovely and all women will shave their legs and make you sandwiches and we'll all be happy! :dance:
Original post by Messalina
are we doing that thing where posts about how awful feminism is dominate the society subforum! Yay, it's only been like 3 weeks since the last time this happened! Maybe this time those evil feminists will stop their vendetta of hatred against you poor, innocent nice guys and then all the world will be lovely and all women will shave their legs and make you sandwiches and we'll all be happy! :dance:

are you doing that thing where you avoid the issue at hand and whine about irrelevant things! Yay!
Original post by maskofsanity
are you doing that thing where you avoid the issue at hand and whine about irrelevant things! Yay!

What's the issue at hand? I'm a feminist, I'm not doing anything other than living my life. What part of that is a problem for you?

Also point out where I was "whining". I was doing nothing more but highlighting the frequency of these silly anti-feminist threads which bear much resemblance to the anti-Muslim threads, a load of internet badmans writing about how awful life is because of this other group which are doing things, and then agreeing with each other wholeheartedly because they found other angry young men who agree with them. It's a never-ending story of internet complaining. If you're going to criticise somebody for whining, I would suggest aiming it at the OP.
(edited 9 years ago)
What's the issue at hand? I'm a feminist, I'm not doing anything other than living my life. What part of that is a problem for you?

Also point out where I was "whining". I was doing nothing more but highlighting the frequency of these silly anti-feminist threads which bear much resemblance to the anti-Muslim threads, a load of internet badmans writing about how awful life is because of this other group which are doing things, and then agreeing with each other wholeheartedly because they found other angry young men who agree with them. It's a never-ending story of internet complaining. If you're going to criticise somebody for whining, I would suggest aiming it at the OP.

The article is the issue at hand... which you are still avoiding.

This thread isn't about you, it's about the article.
Haven't really looked at TSR for a while, good to see that it's exactly the same.

Quote one feminist, claim that somehow represents all feminist views, feminists get angry, non-feminists get angry, arguments happen, thread ends after a while and then another one starts the next day and so the cycle repeats.
Reply 9
PSA: Feminism =/= Misandry, thank you.

Unfortunately everyone seems to latch onto the groups who genuinely do show hatred towards men and of course it's those who give feminism a bad name.

Please don't confuse misandrists with feminists, they may call themselves feminists but they've lost the plot as to what it's actually trying to do.
The article is the issue at hand... which you are still avoiding.

This thread isn't about you, it's about the article.

The thread seems to claim that feminism is about female supremacism. So as a feminist, I feel that does encompass a statement about my own beliefs, which I do not think is a fair statement.

As for the article, what is your beef? Care to submit an extensive criticism rather than writing it off in a couple of sentences? Perhaps, if you are averse to reading articles of a feminist nature, you should turn to a newspaper which is less inclined to print such articles?
Reply 11
"Help, a feminist called me weak"
Original post by imtelling
Feminist's have finally shown their hand. Told the world what their true intentions and motivations are. Writing in the Guardian on Friday, prominent Feminist Hannah Betts said that, quote:

Without a glimmer of irony, she justifies these extraordinarily sexist and hate filled quotes on the back of some 'research' (scientific sexism), which says that males are the biologically weaker sex.

It really is a telling piece. It tells us men what we are up against. You can read the full diatribe here:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/11/oh-how-we-fret-about-girls

This irritates me. I think feminism is needed, the world is still not equal - yet feminism now has an extraordinarily bad name thanks to the extremist sexist women hiding under the premise of being a feminist. Feminism isn't about beating men around and being superior; it's about being equal - that's how it started out and how it always should be. When I call myself a feminist i'm saying I want equal rights, not that I am a man-hating psychopath, however thanks to the extremists that's what feminism is viewed as currently.
This is a prime example. This is NOT feminism, nor is it a feminist's view. This is a sexist woman bringing the name into disrepute once again.
The thread seems to claim that feminism is about female supremacism. So as a feminist, I feel that does encompass a statement about my own beliefs, which I do not think is a fair statement.

As for the article, what is your beef? Care to submit an extensive criticism rather than writing it off in a couple of sentences? Perhaps, if you are averse to reading articles of a feminist nature, you should turn to a newspaper which is less inclined to print such articles?

And still, you have avoided the issue at hand.
The important fact is this: the article was written in the Guardian. The Guardian! How much more more mainstream can supposed "radical" feminism get?
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman

Unfortunately everyone seems to latch onto the groups who genuinely do show hatred towards men and of course it's those who give feminism a bad name.

Please don't confuse misandrists with feminists, they may call themselves feminists but they've lost the plot as to what it's actually trying to do.

The preeminent feminists, i.e. those who have their works published, are misandrists. What does that say about this movement?

The Guardian and its ilk are hardly small-time, unknown sources are they? If one of the most popular national newspapers is publishing them, it seems more likely that it is in line with the movement rather than an extreme exception.
Reply 16
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman

Yep, this. Just like you shouldn't label all Muslims as terrorists, you shouldn't label all feminists as man-haters, yet its typical of the guys on here to make that ignorant mistake and thus so, feminism gets an undeserved reputation because of a significant minority of radicals who of course are going to get more attention from the media than the less radical feminists, just like you're far more likely to hear about extremist Muslims than normal Muslims in the media.
The preeminent feminists, i.e. those who have their works published, are misandrists. What does that say about this movement?

It says that the most radical, angry feminists are also the most vocal. Whodathunkit.
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe

Hell yeah. Stereotype people who stereotype people to show that stereotyping people is WRONG!
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It says that the most radical, angry feminists are also the most vocal. Whodathunkit.

That doesn't make sense.

Anyone can be vocal, not anyone can get in a national mainstream newspaper (as well as others) and consistently publish similar articles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending