The Student Room Group

Is 19 too old to start writing a diary?

Don't people start when they're quite young like 12/13? :tongue:

I'm starting uni soon and thought it would be fun to start writing a daily diary; just something to look back on when i'm older and laugh at my silly mistakes :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Of course it's not too late. If it's something you want to do,then go for it!
Reply 2
Never too late to start a diary.
Its not too late. Loads of people write in diaries. I plan to start one when i start university in September :redface:
Nah go for it!
Keeping is a diary and fun and quite cathartic, you'll be able to look back on your days with fond memories :tongue:
Reply 5
I'm also considering when I go to university this September to write about my experiences. Like every week and talk about the good bits and bad bits about each week, who I met, etc. It's something to look back on, and remember (hopefully) the good bits
Nope, that's not too late at all! You still have so many more memories ahead of you that you can write down in your diary!

Diaries are fun to write - you can reminisce about things you did in the past and that's a good thing :smile:

I started writing a diary when I was 13 and I'm still writing diaries and will continue to do so - for me, it's the best way of releasing my feelings and making me feel happy about myself :smile:
Not at all. It's actually a fabby idea.It's a great way of putting down feelings and I've found it to be therapeutic. I'm starting uni soon and think i might start one specially for that too. :smile:
Original post by Secretnerd123

I'm starting uni soon and thought it would be fun to start writing a daily diary; just something to look back on when i'm older and laugh at my silly mistakes :tongue:

Never too old :tongue: It's a good idea :yep: But I cba to keep up with it, I wanted to start a diary, so I did, only wrote in it once though :teehee: Then forgot about it :lol:
Original post by Lovinlife2
Nope, that's not too late at all! You still have so many more memories ahead of you that you can write down in your diary!

Diaries are fun to write - you can reminisce about things you did in the past and that's a good thing :smile:

I started writing a diary when I was 13 and I'm still writing diaries and will continue to do so - for me, it's the best way of releasing my feelings and making me feel happy about myself :smile:

That's pretty cool, how long have you been writing one? I can never keep up with it :tongue:
No, why should it be? I wrote a travel diary last summer but I'm not consistent enough to write in a diary every day
Original post by Black Rose
That's pretty cool, how long have you been writing one? I can never keep up with it :tongue:

Haha thank you! Oh I finished that "one" years ago! I've gone through about 3 books by now :') Haha I don't blame you at all - I don't write daily but only if I have time or can be even bothered to write an account of my day/days :tongue: Exam periods will be the only exception that I totally don't touch my diary because I'm purely focused on work no matter what exciting things happen during the day!
Reply 12
Haha, the older you get, the more you will need it!
Haha thank you! Oh I finished that "one" years ago! I've gone through about 3 books by now :') Haha I don't blame you at all - I don't write daily but only if I have time or can be even bothered to write an account of my day/days :tongue: Exam periods will be the only exception that I totally don't touch my diary because I'm purely focused on work no matter what exciting things happen during the day!

I keep telling myself that I'll make one soon, to record my DofE adventures and other stuff but I never get round to doing it :sad: I'll set myself the task of writing one in the holidays i think, I wonder if I'll be able to do it :tongue:
Original post by Black Rose
I keep telling myself that I'll make one soon, to record my DofE adventures and other stuff but I never get round to doing it :sad: I'll set myself the task of writing one in the holidays i think, I wonder if I'll be able to do it :tongue:

Ahh, DofE is a great thing to put into a diary! Ohhh don't think that! :console: Yeah, I was just about to say what you just said now - setting yourself a task for writing an account of something! Good idea actually - it's the gateway for diary writing :tongue:
Reply 15
I want to start writing one once I start uni too, it will be cringeworthy and nostalgic to look back on once you're older :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Its not too late. Loads of people write in diaries. I plan to start one when i start university in September :redface:

Ditto, never found the appeal of diaries but I guess it'd be interesting to try when my life actually gets interesting :lol:
Original post by Secretnerd123

Of course not. I started keeping a diary when I was 19 - a year ago and started writing a journal recently. It has 'improved' my memory immeasurably! It really is worth keeping one. Diary for my memories and a journal for my thoughts.
I write some occasional diary entries and I am 21 years old. :smile:

Can you give me advice- is writing in my diary daily too unrealistic? Or Is weekly more practical for being consistent with it long term

Quick Reply

Latest