The Student Room Group

I've been told that I'm pretty, but I don't get approached by guys

Why may this be?

I get lots of stares from the guys at uni, but that's it really.

Could it be that I'm not massive on the social life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Possibly, you may also be in large groups of girls, or perhaps surrounded by tons of shy guys or perhaps guys think they will get shot down if they ask you.

Solutions
- Be alone around guys
- Ask a guy you like out
- Get more sociable

and don't forget to +C
How are we supposed to know/ Some guys wouldn't have the confdence to approach.
You're probably really fugly and everyone is just trying to be nice. Or you could just have a case of bitchy resting face which makes you come across haughty and unapproachable.

Why not try approaching guys you like and posting pics would help.
It could well be that you're not massive on the social life. I get approached a lot when I'm out but not so much in everyday life, I guess the alcohol makes everyone more confident and sociable! Haha.

Could also be a confidence issue. If you're not approachable, you're not going to be approached. It's as simple as that. Make an effort with your appearance, laugh, smile, be someone who's fun to be around and they will come!
Reply 5
Original post by Silver Arrow
You're probably really fugly and everyone is just trying to be nice. Or you could just have a case of bitchy resting face which makes you come across haughty and unapproachable.

Why not try approaching guys you like and posting pics would help.

Well, I've not actually asked for compliments, but I've been given them! And without sounding arrogant, I know I'm above average looking!
Original post by Anonymous
Why may this be?

I get lots of stares from the guys at uni, but that's it really.

Could it be that I'm not massive on the social life?

Here's a radical thought, approach them?

Otherwise quit moaning and stop thinking you're entitled. Guys hardly ever get approached.
Pics or didn't happen.
Is there any point to this thread without pics?

Anyway, I would say 'pretty' or 'cute' is not what you want to be going for if you want to be approached.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by plusC
Possibly, you may also be in large groups of girls, or perhaps surrounded by tons of shy guys or perhaps guys think they will get shot down if they ask you.

Solutions
- Be alone around guys
- Ask a guy you like out
- Get more sociable

and don't forget to +C

OP, this is good advice.

Erm, what's +C?
Everyone is told they're pretty in this society which think it needs to make everyone feel good about themselves. It means nothing.
Well, I've not actually asked for compliments, but I've been given them! And without sounding arrogant, I know I'm above average looking!

Thats all well and good. But. Where are the pics?
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Everyone is told they're pretty in this society which think it needs to make everyone feel good about themselves. It means nothing.

But I know I'm pretty. May sound arrogant, but it had to be said
Some girls are pretty without having sex appeal.
Nice to look at, but not really 'hot'. The equivalent of a 'cute' male.

Maybe you're one of them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
OP, this is good advice.

Erm, what's +C?

Haha its the constant of integration in maths :|
PlusC lurveeessss his constant :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ye and some girls are hot but you wouldn't want to go near them because they have a slutty look.

Whereas another girl is less hot but looks very smiley and friendly and you just want to go up and talk to them. < Instantly fall in love with those types lol.
Reply 16
You don't sound very nice from this thread. Perhaps that comes over in your demeanor.
Original post by livealittle
Haha its the constant of integration in maths :|
PlusC lurveeessss his constant :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't poison me with maths. Goodnight.
Reply 18

So, you know that you're above average looking but yet you say that no one approaches you? How does that make sense?
Original post by C-Rooney
So, you know that you're above average looking but yet you say that no one approaches you? How does that make sense?

someones telling porkies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending