The Student Room Group

Is it true that all Indian girls hate getting tanned?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by narcotica
Bangladesh exists too :tongue: Well I'm never going to be fairer so I'll learn to deal with it myself. You're quite passionate about this.
No, it's not going to show at all because I don't find it hard to hide feelings when necessary. I don't look at other dark people and think 'uh, peasant', I just don't like myself being dark. Are you dark?

Lol sorry! You should have just said lol. That's right, you'll never get lighter, so live with it! It's melanin.
I'm passionate because there is SO much discrimination in South Asia due to this self perpetuating poisonous mindset that being fair is meant to be good somehow. It causes a lot of people a lot of grief, we're all the same people and it's pathetic we are so bothered about the actual tone of our skin. That's true racism.
Bangladesh exists too :tongue: Well I'm never going to be fairer so I'll learn to deal with it myself. You're quite passionate about this.
No, it's not going to show at all because I don't find it hard to hide feelings when necessary. I don't look at other dark people and think 'uh, peasant', I just don't like myself being dark. Are you dark?

I've seen a lot of hot brownskinned indian girls though.
Original post by TheBBQ
Mindset, people think white = attractive because of the colonialism since they had the power and were higher up

How sad! This sort of mindset of South Asian community is having a very negative impact on South Asian girls. A few friends of mine are tanned, as in they have a wheatish skin tone and they look absolutely stunning! Although some think Indian/Pakistani guys wouldn't give them a second thought and I'm just like :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Haha, sometimes.
Reply 44
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
How sad! This sort of mindset of South Asian community is having a very negative impact on South Asian girls. A few friends of mine are tanned, as in they have a wheatish skin tone and they look absolutely stunning! Although some think Indian/Pakistani guys wouldn't give them a second though and I'm just like :confused:

I know!! Personally the only one that I don't like is like the rare super-super-super dark skin tone and I've seen like.. 3 people ever with that? But that's just me, brown is great though. :redface:

It is sad :frown:
Original post by ChickenMadness
I've seen a lot of hot brownskinned indian girls though.

I think I'd be ok with being brown if I were remotely hot, but we don't get to choose our genes.
Original post by TheBBQ
I know!! Personally the only one that I don't like is like the rare super-super-super dark skin tone and I've seen like.. 3 people ever with that? But that's just me, brown is great though. :redface:

It is sad :frown:

Yeah I understand but tbh I've seen very dark attractive guys too and so I really don't think attractiveness has anything to do with skin tone. What irritates me even more is that only girls are victimised when it comes to skin tone. Yet I know many Pakistani/Indian girls who are mostly attracted to brown skinned Pakistani/Indian guys.
Yeah I understand but tbh I've seen very dark attractive guys too and so I really don't think attractiveness has anything to do with skin tone. What irritates me even more is that only girls are victimised when it comes to skin tone. Yet I know many Pakistani/Indian girls who are mostly attracted to brown skinned Pakistani/Indian guys.

It's because of the "tall dark handsome" thing. But then also white male celebrities all over TV and girls fangirling over them lol. So it's not a problem for males.
Reply 48

Yeah girls got it bad, I went to India had my cousins asked me how I'm so fair skinned and they said they had inferiority complexes:frown: that sucks for me then :tongue:
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol sorry! You should have just said lol. That's right, you'll never get lighter, so live with it! It's melanin.
I'm passionate because there is SO much discrimination in South Asia due to this self perpetuating poisonous mindset that being fair is meant to be good somehow. It causes a lot of people a lot of grief, we're all the same people and it's pathetic we are so bothered about the actual tone of our skin. That's true racism.

I guess you're dark then.
:rolleyes: joke joke

Yeah, I find we're more racist amongst our own race.
Original post by TheBBQ
Yeah girls got it bad, I went to India had my cousins asked me how I'm so fair skinned and they said they had inferiority complexes:frown: that sucks for me then :tongue:

Its actually very sad cos some of these girl aren't even dark, they have normal brown skin tone and great features. And how old were your cousins then? Because children in Pakistan/India are often introduced to such ideas at a very young age, which is ridiculous.
Reply 51
I guess you're dark then.
:rolleyes: joke joke

Yeah, I find we're more racist amongst our own race.

LOL forgot to reply to that, soz.

I'm gujarati, in the middle really. Not sure if i'm more on the dark side or light side, i'd imagine slightly on dark.
Original post by ChickenMadness
It's because of the "tall dark handsome" thing. But then also white male celebrities all over TV and girls fangirling over them lol. So it's not a problem for males.

Yeah I know. Its just unfair to girls although I've seen so many beautiful dark women. My mum is very fair and aunt on the other is quite dark but they both look equally beautiful.
Strong generalisation is strong.
Reply 54
Its actually very sad cos some of these girl aren't even dark, they have normal brown skin tone and great features. And how old were your cousins then? Because children in Pakistan/India are often introduced to such ideas at a very young age, which is ridiculous.

Early 20's :frown: yeah they aren't dark at all.. one of them was so white Icouldn't believe it, I thought she was anaemic! :redface:
Original post by TheBBQ
Early 20's :frown: yeah they aren't dark at all.. one of them was so white Icouldn't believe it, I thought she was anaemic! :redface:

Early 20's!? By now they should be confident enough but then again thanks to our culture. I know right!? Most of the times girls/guys who have such insecurities aren't even dark! :confused:
Reply 56
Early 20's!? By now they should be confident enough but then again thanks to our culture. I know right!? Most of the times girls/guys who have such insecurities aren't even dark! :confused:

It is really sad:frown: I know.. they were all nice looking! :s-smilie:
Original post by TheBBQ
It is really sad:frown: I know.. they were all nice looking! :s-smilie:

:banghead: :frown: No more to say :mad:
Reply 58
:banghead: :frown: No more to say :mad:

:yes: :banghead:
Original post by TheBBQ
:yes: :banghead:

:thumbsup:

Quick Reply