The Student Room Group

Missing university offer

is it true that if a university still has space and you have missed your offer, there is still a chance for them to take you in?
Reply 1
At top you universities which are pretty competitive, its unlikely but at lower ranked unis its much more likely.

Really depends on how many people have met their offers, by how much you missed by and even if they are bothered whether or not they like what they see in your application.

Always make a back up plan though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you a potential medic/dentist? If so im in the exact same situatuon :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not :pinch: but i can only feel your pain. where did you apply to??
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

What offers do you have for medicine? You must be so nervous, I definitely was when I was in your position! Just stay calm for results day! :smile:
Original post by jsccsx1
im not :pinch: but i can only feel your pain. where did you apply to??

Original post by 06shawm
What offers do you have for medicine? You must be so nervous, I definitely was when I was in your position! Just stay calm for results day! :smile:

I have applied to sheffield, UCL, Edinburgh and St Andrews, but unfortunately no offers. I wish you guys the best of luck for your results! Where are you heading to? (Presuming you get your offers lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I have applied to sheffield, UCL, Edinburgh and St Andrews, but unfortunately no offers. I wish you guys the best of luck for your results! Where are you heading to? (Presuming you get your offers lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry :frown: my friend applied for med school with AS results of average 98 UMS across all units (Bio, Chem, Physics, Maths) and got no offers from top unis. Med school applications are intense and soo over subscribed..
Where are your plans now?
Hopefully to UCL!
Depends on the uni, but generally they'll let you in with a grade below unless you're applying for a very competitive course or it's an elite uni. Ask on that uni's subforum and you'll get a better answer.

Quick Reply

Latest