The Student Room Group

A message to the boys!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lee1985
You're not alone, there are many girls that think just like you, and the guys know it. Hence why guys are overwhelmingly the ones that make the first move, in one way or another.

However, a lot of guys are also scared of rejection, and won't make a move unless he knows it's a positive answer. Not something you can be sure of by any standards since many people are just over-friendly and it's taken the wrong way.

I'm really curious to know from a guy actually, how bad the feeling of rejection actually is.

Please share your view or the views of friends
Original post by tengentoppa
Why not?

Feel that it's the norm for the guys to do this
Original post by überambitious_ox
I'm really curious to know from a guy actually, how bad the feeling of rejection actually is.

Depends how fixated on the girl you are. Sometimes if you leave it for so long and let feelings build then I guess a rejection would sting badly. Other times, you can let it pass rather easily. How would you feel if you were rejected? Just apply that to your question.
Reply 23
the fear of rejection is too damn high. even if nobody was around I can't approach a girl 99% of the time. not even in clubs.
Original post by Le Nombre
You're at uni and you're in a position where you're near certain you're meant to be with a guy you've never said a word to?!

Maybe start with 'hi' then you can work towards going out.

Original post by Le Nombre
You're an adult. Seriously, they're boys not aliens, talk to him and you may be able to gauge slightly better whether you'd be suited to a relationship with each other.

I certainly don't think that; it's just obvious that we both like the look of each other, and I've found out about him from others and he has the traits that I look for.

I'll make an effort to speak to him when we return to uni then.
If I may ask, which uni do you go to?
I might know him.... You don't need to tell me if you dot want to...

On topic:
The next time you catch him staring at you, just flash a quick big smile. A genuine smile. I bet a 100 chickens, he'll walk toward you.

I want to say it's like dominating in a video game of choice to just getting your ass repeatedly handed to you but I just don't feel I'm justdefying it correctly
Reply 27
Original post by the_human_oreo
I want to say it's like dominating in a video game of choice to just getting your ass repeatedly handed to you but I just don't feel I'm justdefying it correctly

lol, its not like that at all, its like the feeling of putting you're hand up for a high five and all your loved ones laughing at you, not high fiving you, kicking you in the nuts and walking off laughing (all x 100000.)
Original post by cem101
lol, its not like that at all, its like the feeling of putting you're hand up for a high five and all your loved ones laughing at you, not high fiving you, kicking you in the nuts and walking off laughing (all x 100000.)

1) I pretty much said I was wrong
2) My situation could easily happen, yours just isn't remotely plausible.
Reply 29
1) I pretty much said I was wrong
2) My situation could easily happen, yours just isn't remotely plausible.

analogies guys... either way its not nice, but tbh at the same time, id rather be a bloke because at least I control the situation.
Original post by Mystery Me
If I may ask, which uni do you go to?
I might know him.... You don't need to tell me if you dot want to...

On topic:
The next time you catch him staring at you, just flash a quick big smile. A genuine smile. I bet a 100 chickens, he'll walk toward you.

What uni is your friend at? I'll reply yes or no to your answer
Original post by cem101
analogies guys... either way its not nice, but tbh at the same time, id rather be a bloke because at least I control the situation.

Could not be more wrong, have you not payed attention to the statistics? Women are 10^99^99^99*(6.022*10^26)% more in control, it's just like how right often they're right
Bull! What a load of outdated, movie-made nonsense. You're not special princess.

It's equal sides. This isn't the Notebook. You don't speak for all Women, there's plenty of girls who will put themselves out there, and so they should.
(edited 9 years ago)
What uni is your friend at? I'll reply yes or no to your answer

Queen mary?
Reply 34
Could not be more wrong, have you not payed attention to the statistics? Women are 10^99^99^99*(6.022*10^26)% more in control, it's just like how right often they're right

no like as in, if i want to go and ask a girl thats on me, but if i was a girl id have to hint drop.
Original post by cem101
no like as in, if i want to go and ask a girl thats on me, but if i was a girl id have to hint drop.

Yeah, it's called act either completely normal or like a total bitch and he will definitely know you like him.
Reply 36
Yeah, it's called act either completely normal or like a total bitch and he will definitely know you like him.

tbh i don't approach many girls anyway so wouldn't be very experienced. but don't get turned down much. but I've probably approached 15 girls in my whole life so obviously not exactly high numbers.

Hitting the ground isn't so bad, taking the run up for the jump feels a lot worse

Ive never been rejected so i wouldnt know.
Although to be fair, Ive never gone out on that limb unless it was a sure thing

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by British-Student
Hitting the ground isn't so bad, taking the run up for the jump feels a lot worse

You forgot about how hard you get shot in the ass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending