The Student Room Group

Can I still get a university place with bad results???

Hi there I completed my Btec level 3 course and I was very disappointed with my results. I was got a PP-MP final grade which is around 80-120 ucas points. My first choice university offered me a place for me to get 200 ucas points. I am wondering is it possible to still get on this course or find a different course through clearing
or will I have to look for an alternative instead of uni this year?
It isn't likely I'm afraid, but I guess you could get lucky in clearing.
The question is why would you want to? Do another Btec and try again some other time. Forget uni this year.
Reply 3
Go and do a foundation course relevant to your un course at the university.
You can get into uni, but join foundation which maybe is 1 year for those with A-Level results which are not enough.
After successful completing foundation at the university, you'll be automatically directly put into the first year of the university.:yep:
Don't worry. Go to uni..:console:
They will guide you properly:smile:

Original post by Lion1000
Hi there I completed my Btec level 3 course and I was very disappointed with my results. I was got a PP-MP final grade which is around 80-120 ucas points. My first choice university offered me a place for me to get 200 ucas points. I am wondering is it possible to still get on this course or find a different course through clearing
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Sena5
Go and do a foundation course relevant to your un course at the university.
You can get into uni, but join foundation which maybe is 1 year for those with A-Level results which are not enough.
After successful completing foundation at the university, you'll be automatically directly put into the first year of the university.:yep:
Don't worry. Go to uni..:console:
They will guide you properly:smile:

Thank you I will look further into foundation courses thank you for your information :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you I will look further into foundation courses thank you for your information :smile:

sO you feel happy and relieved now?
You can also check for alternatives to university degrees like professional qualifications. If you want to do a degree see foundation course.
Chill:smile:

Bolton and London Metropolitan will take you on. Not that I'm advising you to go.
Reply 7

Depends what course you're doing? Have a look around, a lot of Universities accept lower UCAS Points so you'd be able to attend this September. Especially if you have a good Personal Statement etc...

Look at HND Courses. They can sometimes be lower UCAS Points and you do 2 years + 1 year (optional) top up to the full degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending