The Student Room Group

Thousands of women join Hairy Legs Club movement

If you’re fed up of being fastidious about your depilation, you will be pleased to learn the hairy legs movement has arrived - and it's making waves on social media.

Women around the globe are saying ‘no’ to waxing and shaving, instead posting proud pictures of their fluffy limbs online.

One such online community, the Hairy Legs Club, is blazing a trail on tumblr, inviting women to post their photos to make a statement about social expectations of beauty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2691310/Thousands-women-join-tumblrs-Hairy-Legs-Club-movement-posting-photos-unshaven-limbs-online.html

Can we just nuke tumblr from orbit already?

Scroll to see replies

'The Women Against Non-Essential Grooming (WANG)' - is it just me who tittered at that?

I feel so immature. :sad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I think it's actually a really good idea
Reply 4
They are never going to get laid
Reply 5
Original post by louieee
I think it's actually a really good idea

It is vile.
Original post by StevieA
It is vile.

I'm not saying I think it's attractive or that I necessarily think this is a good thing, but why does it bother you so much? You don't have to associate with these women and that's your prerogative just as much as it is their prerogative to not shave. Live and let live. :dontknow:
Reply 8
They look like the missing link between us and our evolutionary ancestors.
Revolutionaries....

Or attention seekers...
ewww ...I'm sooo happy I am not naturally hairy. I literally only have about 10 hairs on my legs, so even when I don't wax, it's barely noticeable. :smile:
Daily Mail writes a load of old b****x non-shocker.
They write about women movements but not men ones
Reply 13
Original post by just a dad
Daily Mail writes a load of old b****x non-shocker.

Yea I wish I hadn't seen the photos of the vile, hairy beasts. They should have had some sort of warning . Sadly too late now, cannot be unseen. Disgusting women.
some of the legs look like they're mens
This is almost as disgusting as free-bleeding.
Cover it up if you dont want to shave!!!
Yes, god forbid women who don't want to shave their legs just don't shave their legs.

Seriously, if you're walking past people in the street, are you looking at their legs? I certainly don't. So what does it matter if their legs are shaved or not?
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Yes, god forbid women who don't want to shave their legs just don't shave their legs.

Seriously, if you're walking past people in the street, are you looking at their legs? I certainly don't. So what does it matter if their legs are shaved or not?

You are free to not shave your legs, and Im free to laugh at your ugly hobbit legs
What's so bad about that? :\ I don't shave my legs but then I do have very fine blonde leg hair that you have to stare at my legs from a few inches away at the right angle to see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending