The Student Room Group

Thousands of women join Hairy Legs Club movement

Scroll to see replies

I don't see what's wrong with not shaving your legs, men don't shave theirs and I find it a bit weird that it's considered standard for women to. I shave mine, that's a personal choice because I like it more. I don't think it matters, it all depends what you like. But I don't think it should be considered essential for girls to shave.
Do you guy hear yourselves? There isn't anything harmful about this, in fact it would free up a lot of time to do more productive things. Tolerance and an open mind go a long way, Especially in this century where we're shedding a lot of meaningless traditions.

Although, I still believe it's not exactly the thing to show, but the stigma should go away. I mean vile? disgusting? really?
Reply 22
Original post by Pussy Galore
You are free to not shave your legs, and Im free to laugh at your ugly hobbit legs

Laughed so much at this :tongue:
Lol I will need to join their club for a bit. I've got a damn itchy shaving rash all over my legs and have to let the hair grow until it stops hurting :frown:

I'm all for women growing their leg/armpit hair if they want. Its just not something I would grow for more than a week and even then that would just be out of laziness to shave or because of a shaving rash, not for some feminist point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
so women want to accept themselves as they are naturally and so start a movement to encourage others to do the same, and somehow there's something wrong with that and these women are supposedly attention seekers who are vile, funny how alot of westerners say western women aren't oppressed when women's bodies are demonised in their natural state e.g this movement of not shaving legs and breastfeeding (in public) which there is nothing or shouldn't be anything sexual about it. And no this is not at all similar to free bleeding as there is nothing unhygienic about it. This doesn't even have to be a feminist issue, but an issue of getting women to feel comfortable as they naturally are and not disgusted by it.

Lmao brilliant.

I would never go out with unshaven legs on show for fear of being mistaken for Chewbacca but good for them I suppose :indiff:
Some of them have hairier legs than me.
Original post by shutupem
I don't see what's wrong with not shaving your legs, men don't shave theirs and I find it a bit weird that it's considered standard for women to. I shave mine, that's a personal choice because I like it more. I don't think it matters, it all depends what you like. But I don't think it should be considered essential for girls to shave.

It's also considered standard for men to have short hair and women to have longer hair (Obviously there are a few who go against this). Both genders can have features not considered attractive in the opposite one.
Reply 28
Gillette are going to be doing some Jason Bourne type shi on these people.
Original post by Freudian Slip
'The Women Against Non-Essential Grooming (WANG)' - is it just me who tittered at that?

I feel so immature. :sad:

Amazing. :lol: Do you think it was intentional??

It's 2014, I can't quite believe that women not shaving their legs is still a big deal. Who cares either way? Everyone should just be able to shave as much or as little as they want, without being judged for it. :smile:
Reply 30
I have hairy legs and I only shave when it's necessary, like when I have to wear something short or swim. Leg-hair isn't harmful, is it? We should let them be. Shaving for some can be very time-consuming. I don't think it's attention-seeking, just self-content, I think :biggrin:. It's alright, no harm done :biggrin:
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Yes, god forbid women who don't want to shave their legs just don't shave their legs.

Seriously, if you're walking past people in the street, are you looking at their legs? I certainly don't. So what does it matter if their legs are shaved or not?

I wish they would "just not shave their legs" rather than turning it into a tedious narcissistic political statement.

StevieA's irrational disgust is completely inexplicable to me. Anyone reasonable and certainly anyone who has spent any time at all in a committed relationship is completely desensitised to both the notion and reality of the décoiffée woman. Half the time I'm shaving hairs on my girlfriend's legs that she's missed myself.
Original post by Mr Smurf
It's also considered standard for men to have short hair and women to have longer hair (Obviously there are a few who go against this). Both genders can have features not considered attractive in the opposite one.

That doesn't really disagree with what I was saying, unless I'm reading it incorrectly
Original post by StevieA
It is vile.

Why?
Original post by shutupem
That doesn't really disagree with what I was saying, unless I'm reading it incorrectly

You said it is weird that women shaving their legs is standard because men don't have to. It is not weird for certain features to only be considered attractive in one gender.
Original post by scrotgrot

StevieA's irrational disgust is completely inexplicable to me. Anyone reasonable and certainly anyone who has spent any time at all in a committed relationship is completely desensitised to both the notion and reality of the décoiffée woman. Half the time I'm shaving hairs on my girlfriend's legs that she's missed myself.

That's adorable :colondollar:
Original post by Mr Smurf
You said it is weird that women shaving their legs is standard because men don't have to. It is not weird for certain features to only be considered attractive in one gender.

You're right, it's not weird that certain features are considered attractive in one gender and not the other, but I think body hair is a weird one, it's pretty insignificant, barely noticeable, and happens naturally. It's not like a tan, or dying hair, it happens naturally to everyone when they get older, like the shape of your nose or the size of your boobs. You wouldn't demand that someone wear a push-up bra because their boobs aren't big enough, and you wouldn't call them vile and disgusting like some people in this thread have about unshaven legs if they refused. I guess I worded my comment badly. I think the reaction to it is weird rather than the fact it happens.
Original post by Freudian Slip
'The Women Against Non-Essential Grooming (WANG)' - is it just me who tittered at that?

I feel so immature. :sad:

Made me laugh as well :tongue:

Original post by redferry
What's so bad about that? :\ I don't shave my legs but then I do have very fine blonde leg hair that you have to stare at my legs from a few inches away at the right angle to see.

Which I totally wouldn't do :ninja:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by vickidc18
Cover it up if you dont want to shave!!!

I don't see why they should have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Amazing. :lol: Do you think it was intentional??

It's 2014, I can't quite believe that women not shaving their legs is still a big deal. Who cares either way? Everyone should just be able to shave as much or as little as they want, without being judged for it. :smile:

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Made me laugh as well :tongue:

I hope it was intentional... punny stuff. :daydreaming:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending