The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueskyblue
Does anyone ever know their other half before they meet ? People meet at bars etc all the time , they don't necessarily know they're going to have common interests , physical attraction is the first thing that sparks peoples interest in each other , your being quite absurd here .

people meet in bars, and they TALK to each other, find out about each other's personalities and interests before they decide how attracted to each other they are. This is how human interactions work, we communicate with one another.

If you just want a piece of flesh to stick your dick in, go to a brothel, or just continue to use your fleshlight.

So it would have been any different had I described them or above average , or used just as meaningless adjectives as "really, really beautiful" to describe the physical appearance of someone ? Everyone uses a scale to describe the appearance of someone , they are all equally as arbitrary . If I said a guy was a 5/10 would that still be misogynistic and objectifying ?

No, it would be misandrist and objectifying. But the rather telling fact is that you DIDN'T reduce a man to a mere score out of 10, because you're presumably not a misandrist, but you DID reduce a woman to a number, because you are a misogynist.

I'm not even a misogynist but you and I both know this is utter bull**** the feminists (and obviously yourself) try to tell guys on here in an attempt to make themselves feel better . There are tons of male politicians , celebrities , and people in every day life who are quite misogynistic yet still go home to their wife and kids . Just like there are racists etc Stop being silly.

It is 100% true. dickheads do not have happy lives, nor do they have happy relationships. I've seen it time and time again. Girls eventually wise up to their ways, their reputation spreads, and they're left alone, lonely and isolated forever. No girl will touch them, they're a social pariah.

This is a serious warning. Take my advice: if you want to get laid, be respectful to women. Each of them is unique and beautiful in their own way and deserving of more respect than being reduced to a number like you're taking a ticket at a meat counter.
Original post by Anonymous Coward
That's definitely not true.

Some of the most horrible guys out there who openly cheat, give women ratings out of ten, and call women all sorts of names to their faces/behind their backs still get laid much more than your average man.

And it's effectively no strings attached sex, which is usually what they (and lots of other men) are after.
Whether they're always 'high quality' girls is up for debate though.

This is one of those things that teenagers seem to think, that misogynists get all the girls, bullies get promoted at work, and the best way to get on in life is to stab as many people in the back as you can. Its like "nice guy" syndrome.

Fortunately, its 100% untrue. I've seen it from both angles, I know guys who thought their good looks meant they could be disrespectful to women and found out the hard way that a reputation for being a dickhead spreads, and over the age of 20, women aren't willing to take your bull**** anymore.

I've also experienced first hand that if you treat women well and respectfully, not only do they wish to sleep with you, but they tell their friends and their friends friends and soon the whole campus is giving you the eye everytime you walk in the uni bar.

TRUST ME. Misogynists get dumped, Bullies get sacked, and if you stab people in the back you will have no friends and no allies.
As a girl, it is the most frustrating thing ever when you and a guy have that eye contact and he doesn't come up to you! I know there will be people saying that if so, the girl should go up... BUT most girls I know (including myself), prefer for the guy to make the first move.

So, in future go up to her! She wouldn't be having that eye contact if she didn't like what she saw as that would just be misleading.
Reply 23
Original post by cole-slaw
people meet in bars, and they TALK to each other, find out about each other's personalities and interests before they decide how attracted to each other they are. This is how human interactions work, we communicate with one another.

If you just want a piece of flesh to stick your dick in, go to a brothel, or just continue to use your fleshlight.

No, it would be misandrist and objectifying. But the rather telling fact is that you DIDN'T reduce a man to a mere score out of 10, because you're presumably not a misandrist, but you DID reduce a woman to a number, because you are a misogynist.

It is 100% true. dickheads do not have happy lives, nor do they have happy relationships. I've seen it time and time again. Girls eventually wise up to their ways, their reputation spreads, and they're left alone, lonely and isolated forever. No girl will touch them, they're a social pariah.

This is a serious warning. Take my advice: if you want to get laid, be respectful to women. Each of them is unique and beautiful in their own way and deserving of more respect than being reduced to a number like you're taking a ticket at a meat counter.

No **** , the whole premise of this thread was to get a better understanding of how to talk to a woman . People instinctively gravitate towards people they are attracted to before going any further and finding out about them , guys go for hot girls and girls go for hot guys , its as simple as that . Stop trying to sugarcoat it all , physical attraction is a base for relationships .

Well if I was gay I would rate men out of ten , im not misogynistic or misandrist , ive seen both guys and girls do it , even feminists on this site do it lol , stop whiteknighting and get a grip.
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
As a girl, it is the most frustrating thing ever when you and a guy have that eye contact and he doesn't come up to you! I know there will be people saying that if so, the girl should go up... BUT most girls I know (including myself), prefer for the guy to make the first move.

So, in future go up to her! She wouldn't be having that eye contact if she didn't like what she saw as that would just be misleading.

I will try to in the future but I just had no clue what to say !

I like that your being honest but you also get those girls who are just generally smiley all the time and often complain about guys approaching them when they were just being nice , this gives me doubts sometimes.

Thanks for your opinion.
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymousmouse
You could talk about anything! Even if it's something really simple just to get the convo going. Maybe talk about what you were going to see at the cinema, or compliment them.

I like that your being honest but you also get those girls who are just generally smiley all the time and often complain about guys approaching them when they were just being nice , this gives me doubts sometimes.

Thanks for your opinion.

They are a minority! If that does happen and they say no, just apologise and tell them to have a nice day? There isn't anything bad that can happen, so you might as well take the chance. If you don't know what to say then just compliment and ask for their number or something.
Reply 27

If you let this be an excuse you will always be able to use it - you'll always be looking for the best thing to say and let yourself off the hook of talking to her. Have you heard of the 3-second rule? The idea is when you see a girl you want to talk to, you have 3-seconds to start walking in her direction. There's no time to think of the perfect thing to say, but it makes sure that you at least say something.

If you do that for a while you'll stop worrying about not knowing what to say since you'll realise that you always have something, and that something's usually good enough.
Yesterday evening

Preferably day time scenarios , nightgame experiences are also welcome though.

Yesterday evening I was on my way to the cinema , as I got off the bus two fly honeys were walking on the opposite road and naturally I checked them out . The fitter one actually looked back but I turned away to avoid coming off as a creep / rapist . I presume the "omg that creep totally checked us out"chat would have ensued.

Anyway one of the entrances was closed so I made my way round to the other one , I was texting away on my phone and looked up to see those very same girls , they were looking straight into my eyes with the "omg would bang" eyes giving me cheeky smiles acting like giggling school girls , I did the best don draper look I could and headed off where I was going without looking back .

They were seriously 9/10s though and id say around 22 , i'm only 18 and just left college but look much older then my years or so im told . People have told me I look as old as 25 .

Im just wondering if anyone would have done anything differently in this scenario or would like to share experiences of daygame

Yes you should have.

If a girl makes it obvious they are attracted to you, and you do nothing and act aloof and pretend they aren't, they usually begin to lose attaraction for you, as it kind of shows bad social skills.

Also, trust your intuition.
No **** , the whole premise of this thread was to get a better understanding of how to talk to a woman . People instinctively gravitate towards people they are attracted to before going any further and finding out about them , guys go for hot girls and girls go for hot guys , its as simple as that . Stop trying to sugarcoat it all , physical attraction is a base for relationships .

Well if I was gay I would rate men out of ten , im not misogynistic or misandrist , ive seen both guys and girls do it , even feminists on this site do it lol , stop whiteknighting and get a grip.

Well, the very, very first thing you need to understand is that there IS no one way to talk to women, because get this, THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT.

So initially, talk to them the same as you talk to anyone else. Then once you get to know them and what they're interested in, you can tailor your conversation appropriately, just as you would for anyone else.

****ing noobs, man. You need to stop objecifying women, that was the mistake Elliot Rodger made. Don't be that guy.
Seriously question: Why is it that if someone said "what is the best way to talk to black people" or "what is the best way to talk to poor people", they would rightly be castigated, but when someone says "what is the best way to talk to women" that is somehow ok? Its not ok.
Seriously question: Why is it that if someone said "what is the best way to talk to black people" or "what is the best way to talk to poor people", they would rightly be castigated, but when someone says "what is the best way to talk to women" that is somehow ok? Its not ok.

Stupid question is stupid.

I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Stupid question is stupid.

I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'm touched.

If you really think its a stupid question, what is the obvious answer?
Thanks, I'm touched.

If you really think its a stupid question, what is the obvious answer?

I'm not entertaining your question with an answer, if you truly believe your analogy is the same thing as a guy talking to a woman there's nothing to discuss here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not entertaining your question with an answer, if you truly believe your analogy is the same thing as a guy talking to a woman there's nothing to discuss here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a clever response bbz:wink:
Don't waste you time answering stupid questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shockingly, I don't believe you DO have an answer. Hence your bluster.

Explain to me how treating black people or poor people as a single homogenous group is discriminatory but treating women as a single homogenous group is not.

You can't; ergo you fail. hard.

Prove me wrong.
And you were able to tell at a glance that these girls fulfilled all those criteria? Amazing psychic powers you have.

Being attracted to girls doesn't mean you're objectifying them, but describing them as numbers out of ten sure as hell does. That's disgusting misogyny and objectification and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Here's a clue for you: misogynists don't get laid. You wanna pull hot girls, learn to treat them with a little respect.

(If this is a genuine post,)

Aw, give over! Objectification is part of life, everybody does it (I admire people on the street and rate guys out of ten all the time); it only becomes a problem when you can't get past seeing the desired sex as objects, and become a dick about it (which the OP clearly isn't).

Feminism is really important; stop ruining it by being nuts!
Shockingly, I don't believe you DO have an answer. Hence your bluster.

Explain to me how treating black people or poor people as a single homogenous group is discriminatory but treating women as a single homogenous group is not.

You can't; ergo you fail. hard.

Prove me wrong.

You're looking for an argument, I aint going to give you one, buddy.

Find someone else with the patience to debate with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kopi, ffs
(If this is a genuine post,)

Aw, give over! Objectification is part of life, everybody does it (I admire people on the street and rate guys out of ten all the time); it only becomes a problem when you can't get past seeing the desired sex as objects, and become a dick about it (which the OP clearly isn't).

Feminism is really important; stop ruining it by being nuts!

Describing people as numbers is entirely unacceptable.

You can't tell if a girl is 9/10 just by looking at her ffs. All your can tell is her superficial physical appearance, are you suggesting that is all that matters for judging the attractiveness of a fellow human being? What a demeaning idea that is.

And 9/10 for whom? A numerical scale assumes an objective set of criterion upon which attractiveness can be measured, which is clearly fatuous bull****.

Anyone who uses objectifying and misogynistic conceits such as describing women as numbers or acronyms merely reveals a powerful and deepseated level of misogyny and disrespect for women as autonomous human beings.

One day you will look back on your post with regret in the same way that many people now regret making a racist or homophobic comment 20 years ago.
You're looking for an argument, I aint going to give you one, buddy.

Find someone else with the patience to debate with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you've come onto this thread, arrogantly claimed that the answer was obvious, but then when pressed, refused to say what that obvious answer was, presumably because you can't, but you're now too embarrassed to admit that.

You've contributed exactly jack **** to this discussion, please don't take offence if I assume you're a troll from now on.

Latest

Trending

Trending