The Student Room Group

TSR Movie Madness: Group B SF1: Forrest Gump V Back to the Future

Scroll to see replies

Just broke the tie by voting for BTTF- I haven't seen all of Forrest Gump (I've just seen the Vietnam section in a history lesson) but BTTF was good.... :biggrin:
Original post by Airfairy
Can't vote right now as I'm on my phone, but Forrest Gump was a huge let down for me. I thought it was awful. BTTF, however, is one of my favourite films so needless to say, I'll be voting for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you use the mobile site instead of the app you can vote, :yep:

But joining in the discussion on either is good as well.
C'mon Marty McFly, you can do it!

Easily BTTF for me, a wonderful start to a wonderful trilogy.
Back to the future has to win this hands down. Forrest Gump is so **** compared to the BTTF films.
Original post by just a dad
C'mon Marty McFly, you can do it!

Easily BTTF for me, a wonderful start to a wonderful trilogy.

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Back to the future has to win this hands down. Forrest Gump is so **** compared to the BTTF films.

I agree with you guys but it's back to being a draw again atm.

Recruit in others just to this thread.

Spread the vote. share the link on facebook/twitter/other social media. get people in and get them voting for BTTF!

#saveBTTF :tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by keromedic
If it's any consolation, I also hate the Rocky and Karate kid sagas. Don't see the appeal honestly.

I love Rocky. Looking to buy the Blu-Ray boxset soon. It's all I matter of taste. I for one prefer Rocky 2 to the original and both films are in my top 10 favorites. Although, they may drop a few ranks upon rewatches of some other films.

Original post by Motorbiker
Guessing you went for the awesome film that is the mighty BTTF then?

Or are you just winding him up? :tongue:

Yep, I chose it. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kubrick

Yep, I chose it. :smile:

:five:

It's still ahead by one vote but only one.

And still plenty of time left to vote.

I think a few of these could go right down to the wire tbh.
Both are great films, but Forrest Gump just has the edge for me!
Vote Marty McFly!
:ditto:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Both are great films, but Forrest Gump just has the edge for me!

:eek: Why? We're trying to get a #saveBTTF campaign going here! :tongue:

Vote Marty McFly!
:ditto:

I'd recommend you attempt this in other places whilst linking to this thread as most people will have already voted by the time they see your comment here. :yep:
:eek: Why? We're trying to get a #saveBTTF campaign going here! :tongue:

I'd recommend you attempt this in other places whilst linking to this thread as most people will have already voted by the time they see your comment here. :yep:

I don't know, just Forrest Gump has the emotional pull for me!
10-10. Another close one!
Forrest Gump is easily one of the best films out there
Original post by Joshale
Forrest Gump is easily one of the best films out there

Whereas I would say that Forrest Gump is easily one of the most overrated films out there!
surprised for the hate for BTTF it is still a classic even my 9 year old brother feels it is a great series despite the fact it is almost 30 years old now. I can watch and relate to all movies all the time. Whereas forrest gump while a great film I find I cannot watch and enjoy it over and over again the same reason why Alien/Aliens at the moment are wining because people can watch them all the time despite their age find something even better or something they missed the first time due to their complexity.
Whereas I would say that Forrest Gump is easily one of the most overrated films out there!

I found it enjoyable but nowhere near the level of soemthing like BTTF.

(It's 1 vote down now, you need to go promote BTTF more, I dare you to make a public fb status(If you have it) telling people to come sign up and vote for BTTF)

Original post by kingdoo
surprised for the hate for BTTF it is still a classic even my 9 year old brother feels it is a great series despite the fact it is almost 30 years old now. I can watch and relate to all movies all the time. Whereas forrest gump while a great film I find I cannot watch and enjoy it over and over again the same reason why Alien/Aliens at the moment are wining because people can watch them all the time despite their age find something even better or something they missed the first time due to their complexity.

:five:

Good reasoning as to why BTTF is so awesome.

(It's 1 vote down now, you need to go promote BTTF more, I dare you to make a public fb status(If you have it) telling people to come sign up and vote for BTTF)

What is this Facebook, of which you speak?
What is this Facebook, of which you speak?

Twitter? Google plus?

Other people in real life?

Possibly, but compared to BTTF it's way better.
Reply 39
FORREST GUMP it's an amazing movie!! So inspirational

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest