The Student Room Group

Want to change my insurance but happy with my firm?

Hi, I'm feeling fairly confident about results day but there is always that glimmer of doubt in the back of my mind that wonders what happens if I don't get my results.

I stupidly put any insurance down on my application and the offer for my insurance is the exact same offer as my firm. I would like to know if it is possible to actually apply to the same university again for an offer, but this time on a foundation course for the same subject. How should I go about doing this as I've been told to just email the admissions team for the subject and explain my situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oligopoly94
Hi, I'm feeling fairly confident about results day but there is always that glimmer of doubt in the back of my mind that wonders what happens if I don't get my results.

I stupidly put any insurance down on my application and the offer for my insurance is the exact same offer as my firm. I would like to know if it is possible to actually apply to the same university again for an offer, but this time on a foundation course for the same subject. How should I go about doing this as I've been told to just email the admissions team for the subject and explain my situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want your insurance to be the same university but for a different course then simply email them requesting that they consider you for both the course you applied for and the foundation course before they reject you.

You don't need to change anything just flag up to them that you'd be happy to do the alternate course.
Reply 2
Doesn't it all have to go through Ucas though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oligopoly94
Doesn't it all have to go through Ucas though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you ask to be considered for another course and they decide that they'd like you for that course then they will send you (through UCAS) a "changed course offer" on results day which you can accept on the evening of results day. That will change the course that you're confirmed on on Track.

UCAS are just an intermediary and have systems in place for unis to make offers to firm/ins students of alternative courses - it's very common.
Reply 4
Just rang up and explained my situation and they basically said what you said. Thanks anyway, they confirmed that they would consider my application if I didn't meet my firm offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending