The Student Room Group

What is the best condiment?

Scroll to see replies

Mayo! Or seafood sauce! Oh god, fry/burger sauce!

Original post by Shaolin Punk
My favorite condiments

Soy! :drool:

How did i forget that?

Original post by Freudian Slip
Funnily enough, I used to absolutely hate the stuff and would turn food away that had mayo on. Then, one day, I bought a chicken sandwich not realising it had mayo on and I've been a convert ever since. Oh man, a mayo chicken sammich would be so good right now... :coma:

I did also use to hate mayo and then accidentally had it one day and fell in love with it. Think mine was also mayo chicken sarnie. :colonhash:

Ooooo, good plan. there's a lovely cafe just over the road from TSR Towers. Will get a Mayo chicken roll with some lettuce and tomatoe on tomorrow.

Had BLT with brown Sauce today.
Original post by Motorbiker
That is fairly gross! And you still voted ketchup even though you don't eat it? Which is your favourite that you do eat?

Ooo, such as? chips?

Chips, burgers, bacon rolls, fish and chips etc. They all have to have tomato ketchup! :smile:

I sometimes have barbeque sauce on some things but I prefer tomato.
Reply 23
Hot sauce.
Original post by pane123
I hate that stuff, unfortunately. I hope one day to forget what HP tasted like, opening a world of opportunity to gluten-free brown sauce.

:eek:

What's wrong with it?

maybe check out some local gluten free shops? there's on on my street where i live that sells different types of condiments etc.
:eek:

What's wrong with it?

maybe check out some local gluten free shops? there's on on my street where i live that sells different types of condiments etc.

Probably not much, but anything I've tried is pretty lame compared to HP. I like vinegar but I've found most of them to be too vinegary, if that makes sense.
More poll options incoming.

Original post by spotify95
Chips, burgers, bacon rolls, fish and chips etc. They all have to have tomato ketchup! :smile:

I sometimes have barbeque sauce on some things but I prefer tomato.

But you have better versions for each of those things, You should have Mayo with chips, a spicy relish with the burger, HP with the burger and Tartare for the fish.

Original post by pane123
Probably not much, but anything I've tried is pretty lame compared to HP. I like vinegar but I've found most of them to be too vinegary, if that makes sense.

Keep trying!
Keep trying!

Do you know what? I bloody well will keep trying. Motorbiker, you are an inspiration.
Original post by tehforum
hot sauce

goes with pretty much everything

Original post by Joshale
BBQ sauce, or... Mcdonalds sweet chilli dip

Original post by itssimplyme
Does sweet chili sauce count?!

If so....mmmmmm :love:

Have you guys already voted and gone other? I just added in a few more options based on thread replies so if you want i can switch your vote to something else.
Have you guys already voted and gone other? I just added in a few more options based on thread replies so if you want i can switch your vote to something else.

Yeah,please switch mine to hot sauce.
Reply 30
It has to be ketchup but mayonnaise comes a close second. I like salsa too.
Yeah,please switch mine to hot sauce.

Done. Good choice tbh. Which type of hot sauce is your favourite?

I like Nandos Hot suace personally but i'm a hot sauce n00b.
I love honey mustard. Not sure if it really exists across the pond. What is this brown sauce? And I love love love gravy! Oh. And teriyaki sauce.
Done. Good choice tbh. Which type of hot sauce is your favourite?

I like Nandos Hot suace personally but i'm a hot sauce n00b.

tbh, I haven't bothered venturing outside Nando's 'extra hot' sauce, which isn't that hot tbh.

I don't fancy spending money on sauce which will obliterate the flavour of the food.
Original post by Coffeetime
I love honey mustard. Not sure if it really exists across the pond. What is this brown sauce? And I love love love gravy! Oh. And teriyaki sauce.

Honest Mustard is a lovely sald dressing but i've never had it as a sauce. Chipotle Southwest has become my standard subway sauce now.

Brown Sauce = HP Suace. You should have heard of that.

Gravy! :drool:

tbh, I haven't bothered venturing outside Nando's 'extra hot' sauce, which isn't that hot tbh.

I don't fancy spending money on sauce which will obliterate the flavour of the food.

Fair, the "hottest in the world" sauces just taste of nothing but heat.

I have heard of some nice peppery flavourful tomatoey based hot sauces before though that give a really nice rich flavour.

Also, me and puddles keep adding more and more options to this poll when we keep thinking of new sauces.
Ketchup is GOAT
It's gotta be sweet chilli really hasn't it. Can't beat beans on toast with a a bit of sweet chilli.

But without Wocestershire sauce there would BE NO MORE CHEESE ON TOAST. Then again, ketchup is the staple.
BUT fish and chips and tartare sauce is the best.

THERE ARE TOO MANY OPTIONS, I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH.

HOW COULD YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE.

*implodes*
You can't really get this in the UK, but this stuff is the crack of condiments:

God it's is amazing. AMAZING.

I need five minutes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Honest Mustard is a lovely sald dressing but i've never had it as a sauce. Chipotle Southwest has become my standard subway sauce now.

Brown Sauce = HP Suace. You should have heard of that.

Gravy! :drool:

Here it's quite common on sandwiches and as a dipping sauce. Mmm. I have heard of the HP sauce. My local grocery store has a small UK section. Another one for me is chilli. I know it's not a condiment and more of it's own meal, but I would eat it on just about anything.
It depends on what it's going with. i.e. chips go with mayo and ketchup, sausage sandwich goes with brown sauce etc.

Quick Reply

Latest