The Student Room Group

Failed three of my exams in pharmacy

Hey guys, I just want to hear some other people's opinions of my scenario atm. My results came out last night for pharmacy, found out i have failed three of my exams. The resits are in october but I honestly think I cannot do it along with studying the second year work as well, and i know that second year is much much harder than the first.
In the first few hours i was honestly hyperventilating and panicking because i thought this was the end of my life, thats the mind set my parents have drilled into me, if i fail, i fail life. Honestly, i was and am still sorta scared of my case atm, but sorta calmed down now.

Before uni, it was actually my parents who wanted and forced me to do pharmacy, i wanted to do something mathematical or zoology, i always and still love animals. Anyways, i am now thinking whether i should drop out of uni and risk doing a year out, do some w.e. related to my future uni course, and apply next year. Does that make me a failure tho guys? Dropping out of uni? I know this is a stupid question, but does failing my exams make me stupid, also, during the revision period, I was suffering mentally a lot because I found out that my dad got hit by a bus and also my mother fractured her spine by falling down the stairs. I really am worried about my scenario atm, like my sister told me i am not a failure, that there are plenty of people who dropped out and did a different course, or didnt even do uni and still is successful
Reply 1
It doesn't make you a failure, and personally that sort of record in first year doesn't look promising for second year. I think you're right to be thinking about change and you have to remember when you made the decision to go to university you were still very young. Plenty of people make the wrong choices because of it so don't worry if you think it's not been the course for you. Having a year out isn't a bad thing either, because it might help you work out what you want to do for sure, especially with work experience.
Original post by scaphrax
Hey guys, I just want to hear some other people's opinions of my scenario atm. My results came out last night for pharmacy, found out i have failed three of my exams. The resits are in october but I honestly think I cannot do it along with studying the second year work as well, and i know that second year is much much harder than the first.
In the first few hours i was honestly hyperventilating and panicking because i thought this was the end of my life, thats the mind set my parents have drilled into me, if i fail, i fail life. Honestly, i was and am still sorta scared of my case atm, but sorta calmed down now.

Before uni, it was actually my parents who wanted and forced me to do pharmacy, i wanted to do something mathematical or zoology, i always and still love animals. Anyways, i am now thinking whether i should drop out of uni and risk doing a year out, do some w.e. related to my future uni course, and apply next year. Does that make me a failure tho guys? Dropping out of uni? I know this is a stupid question, but does failing my exams make me stupid, also, during the revision period, I was suffering mentally a lot because I found out that my dad got hit by a bus and also my mother fractured her spine by falling down the stairs. I really am worried about my scenario atm, like my sister told me i am not a failure, that there are plenty of people who dropped out and did a different course, or didnt even do uni and still is successful

If you aren't happy, I say take a year out. Get some work experience, maybe with animals and reapply for next year. You still have plenty of time to decide what to do with your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending