The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Engineering at Swansea

I was wondering if someone could give me an insight to the Engineering courses at Swansea. I haven't heard anything about Electronic Engineering, and I was wondering, if I should go for Swansea, in-case I have to go into clearing in August.
I've heard good things about the engineering department at Swansea (I've applied for mech engineering). I think now is a good time to get into Swansea and a lot of other people seem to think so too - I read that engineering applications to Swansea Uni went up by 76% last year. Not only that, but there's the new £450m campus opening next year that will house the college of engineering. I'm not sure about electrical specifically, mind.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Frankston
I've heard good things about the engineering department at Swansea (I've applied for mech engineering). I think now is a good time to get into Swansea and a lot of other people seem to think so too - I read that engineering applications to Swansea Uni went up by 76% last year. Not only that, but there's the new £450m campus opening next year that will house the college of engineering. I'm not sure about electrical specifically, mind.

I've heard lots about other applications, just not ELECTRONIC (NOT electrical!), but some insight into electrical would be good too. Oh well!
Looking at their courses they don't offer Electronic Engineering exclusively. They do Electronic and Electrical or Electronic with Nanotechnology. Is that what you're wanting to do?
Original post by Frankston
Looking at their courses they don't offer Electronic Engineering exclusively. They do Electronic and Electrical or Electronic with Nanotechnology. Is that what you're wanting to do?

That is basically electronic engineering, yeah.. Is it any good?
Original post by Mr.Obsessed
That is basically electronic engineering, yeah.. Is it any good?

Hello! I'm going to be a 3rd year Aerospace Engineering student at Swansea University and personally the engineering department at Swansea is awesome. The new Engineering/Science campus is coming along nicely too!

Some modules overlap between engineering disciplines in the first year (maybe the second) and help bridge gaps between A2 and university pure maths/mechanics. I can't say much regarding specific electrical and electronic modules. I also have two school friends who are graduating this week with electrical and electronic engineering degrees. They enjoyed most of it! Obviously there will be modules students love and some which they hate. :P

If you want some more information regarding modules taken 1st year etc for electrical and electronic engineering, I've posted the (13/14) course book which you get at the start of the year:- (Modules may slightly differ next year)

https://collegeintranet.swan.ac.uk/handbooks/files/13_14/Electrical%20and%20Electronic%20Engineering%20Level%201.pdf

Good luck with your results!

SilentIdea
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest