The Student Room Group

The Gove is Gone Celebration Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phoebe Buffay
I wouldn't trust Labour with the country, let alone education.

i wouldn't trust Labour to clean the blackboard
I'm just astounded that people are saying they hope somebody better replaces Gove. Have you not been following the news? The most qualified people in government (relatively speaking) are either on their way out (Hague/Gove) or staying in their same position (May etc). That leaves only the dregs, plus with Camerons young/female gimmickery, we cant hope for any better.
Original post by BenAssirati
The fact you think our education system is at rock-bottom now means you have no actual idea what you are talking about, and just follow the crowd.

It's not at rock bottom, obviously. All I'm saying is the replacement has tory parameters to work around, gove was working with the least quality suggestions in those parameters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What on earth are you talking about? Why would you have a teenager/young person run one of the major offices of our country? It's just mad to even suggest a teenager is up to the job as Secretary of State for education

I know what you mean, but after ruining everyone's once in a lifetime education, you can't blame me for feeling annoyed at all the adult failures who tried to run the education system.... And destroyed it :mad:
Original post by Obiejess
It's not at rock bottom, obviously. All I'm saying is the replacement has tory parameters to work around, gove was working with the least quality suggestions in those parameters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You said it couldn't get any worse, thus implying it was rock-bottom. The fact that we are one of the few countries improving (6th in the World, 2nd in Europe behind Finland) shows that you are way off the mark. Also, you are being very vague in your "Gove bad; ideas bad" rhetoric, and say things like 'least quality suggestions'. Do you actually know anything Gove has implemented or suggested over the past 3/4 years, or do you just listen to whatever you are told by your teachers?
My teacher this morning told me that Nicky Morgan, the woman replacing Gove, voted against same sex marriage even though she's the head of Women and Equality brief. Seems a bit silly to me....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RebeccaLong
I know what you mean, but after ruining everyone's once in a lifetime education, you can't blame me for feeling annoyed at all the adult failures who tried to run the education system.... And destroyed it :mad:

Is it balls ruined. Idiotic hyperbole.

This is not the time for exaggeration, the education system is not destroyed.

Stop playing the blame game, it doesn't help for constructive debate. The point is that any effort to bring about change in the education system will leave some people feeling unhappy. Tough. It has to be done.
Original post by BenAssirati
You said it couldn't get any worse, thus implying it was rock-bottom. The fact that we are one of the few countries improving (6th in the World, 2nd in Europe behind Finland) shows that you are way off the mark. Also, you are being very vague in your "Gove bad; ideas bad" rhetoric, and say things like 'least quality suggestions'. Do you actually know anything Gove has implemented or suggested over the past 3/4 years, or do you just listen to whatever you are told by your teachers?

For the record most of my peers/teachers are as thick as two short planks, why on earth would I take their opinions as my own. Nice ad hominem by the way.

It's up to you what you infer, I simply said couldnt get much worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the new Sec will be worse
I hate Michael Gove because everyone told me to!
This is not the time for exaggeration, the education system is not destroyed.

Stop playing the blame game, it doesn't help for constructive debate. The point is that any effort to bring about change in the education system will leave some people feeling unhappy. Tough. It has to be done.

Whatever, my life's been changed because of it. So, who's the new guy?!
(edited 9 years ago)

We need a board of teachers and students to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StarvingAutist
I think the new Sec will be worse

It boggles the mind how they're chosen. The new sec has spent most of her political life in the Treasury, for her to then be launched into Education, its just weird. Its because she is a woman.

Nicky Morgan, who's been an MP for a whole 4 years and a Minister for a whole 3 months.

Nicky Morgan
Finally.

He's gone.

No longer must we stand the ridiculous decisions gradually destroying the country's education. This moron shall never interfere with our educations again.

All we can do now is pray his awful impact has not left marks too deep upon our education system and upon our results this summer.

Gove is Gone.

1405437154275.jpg

Are you glad?
What do you think his most awful decision was?
If you were appointed the new secretary what would you do to improve this country's education?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rushed home just to write a thread about Gove being gone. :frown:
We need a board of teachers and students to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, at least if the students ideas could be heard, that would help :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Nicky Morgan

Anyone know what he's like... From what the news says?! Sorry people, I don't watch this stuff :s-smilie:
For the record most of my peers/teachers are as thick as two short planks, why on earth would I take their opinions as my own. Nice ad hominem by the way.

It's up to you what you infer, I simply said couldnt get much worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good response, completely avoiding the question and trying to change what you said. You would make a brilliant politician.

Quick Reply

Latest