The Student Room Group

Guy with only female friends... please help.

Do any other guys on TSR only have girl friends and hardly any guy friends? :ashamed2: I do speak to other guys but I wouldn't class any of them as my friends - I have never gone out with any of them and we only ever talk in passing. Literally I have never had a male friend 'round or anything... Throughout most of my school life I've only been friends with girls and without sounding rude (I know not all girls act like this) it is really getting me down! I've found the girls I personally hang around with to be quite two-faced and petty. Maybe I've just been unlucky with who I have befriended? :confused: I wish I had had the chance to make more male friends but nothing has come of it and I look at guys who have close friendships and feel quite jealous.

I'm hoping to go to uni this year or at least do something different with my life, so my ultimate question is, what is the best way to make (at least one) male friend(s)? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Do any other guys on TSR only have girl friends and hardly any guy friends? :ashamed2: I do speak to other guys but I wouldn't class any of them as my friends - I have never gone out with any of them and we only ever talk in passing. Literally I have never had a male friend 'round or anything... Throughout most of my school life I've only been friends with girls and without sounding rude (I know not all girls act like this) it is really getting me down! I've found the girls I personally hang around with to be quite two-faced and petty. Maybe I've just been unlucky with who I have befriended? :confused: I wish I had had the chance to make more male friends but nothing has come of it and I look at guys who have close friendships and feel quite jealous.

I'm hoping to go to uni this year or at least do something different with my life, so my ultimate question is, what is the best way to make (at least one) male friend(s)? :smile:

You gotta come out the closet bro, you will find yourself at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
The easiest way to make guy friends is to play sport

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by PrincePauper
You gotta come out the closet bro, you will find yourself at uni

Thanks for your help, I will definitely take your advice.

Original post by LightBlueSoldier
The easiest way to make guy friends is to play sport

Not all guys are into sport though, surely? I admit I'm not huge on sports, I like football but I don't play it. I like tennis and basketball but I can't see how this is going to make me have more guy friends.
Reply 4
I'm exactly like this. I have no real life friends so most of my 'friends' are online and they are all girls. I don't speak to guys. I see it that talking to girls makes me feel better about myself and that I'm actually a very different sort of guy than the average guy. I have feminine traits in my personality, for example emotions, feelings, romance. I don't like football, cricket etc. I don't do things that most guys do, i.e. smoke weed, think I'm God's gift, think I'm hard, get into fights, act really cool and so on. I don't like COD (call of duty) or FIFA, I don't drink beer or go to clubs/pubs. I don't really get on with guys. I find most of them annoying because they have confidence coming out of their backside and just want to have sex with every female thing with a pulse. Perhaps generic, but we all have our opinions.
Original post by lee1985
I'm exactly like this. I have no real life friends so most of my 'friends' are online and they are all girls. I don't speak to guys. I see it that talking to girls makes me feel better about myself and that I'm actually a very different sort of guy than the average guy. I have feminine traits in my personality, for example emotions, feelings, romance. I don't like football, cricket etc. I don't do things that most guys do, i.e. smoke weed, think I'm God's gift, think I'm hard, get into fights, act really cool and so on. I don't like COD (call of duty) or FIFA, I don't drink beer or go to clubs/pubs. I don't really get on with guys. I find most of them annoying because they have confidence coming out of their backside and just want to have sex with every female thing with a pulse. Perhaps generic, but we all have our opinions.

Everyone has emotions and feelings lol. Pretty sure most people generally like a bit of romance with their partner as well.
Reply 6
Original post by ChickenMadness
Everyone has emotions and feelings lol. Pretty sure most people generally like a bit of romance with their partner as well.

Yes but I'm talking about to the extent that girls do. Girls in general tend to be far more romantic than guys and they also open up their feelings a lot more. Guys tend to be strong willed and closed up. Girls are very emotional, i.e. having a tear at the end of films and stuff. That's a bit like me. Hardly like the average guy.
Original post by lee1985
Yes but I'm talking about to the extent that girls do. Girls in general tend to be far more romantic than guys and they also open up their feelings a lot more. Guys tend to be strong willed and closed up. Girls are very emotional, i.e. having a tear at the end of films and stuff. That's a bit like me. Hardly like the average guy.

tbh men are usually more romantic. They're the ones that buy the flowers and set up the romantic situations. Girls just like thinking about it.
Reply 8
Fair point, but I wonder how many guys do it out of the blue i.e. a completely random surprise? Rather than say, Valentines day or an anniversary (or to say sorry lol)

Agree about the thinking about it part, good point. Again though, that's me. I think much more about being romantic than I actually am. I guess because I have the conception that girls like romance, I think a lot about what I can do to make it happen...
Original post by lee1985

Diagnosis: gay.
Reply 10
Original post by KingStannis
Diagnosis: gay.

Yes it could very well seem that way. I am probably a bit 'camp' yes. But I can assure you on everyone's lives I know that I am probably the most opposite person you'll find to that definition.

In fact, if I'm to be honest, I'm homophobic. Sorry, but the idea of two guys doing the same things that a guy and girl do disgusts me. I know a lot of people have strong feelings towards LBG/Transgender and all the associated issues so I'll say no more on this topic.
Original post by lee1985
Yes it could very well seem that way. I am probably a bit 'camp' yes. But I can assure you on everyone's lives I know that I am probably the most opposite person you'll find to that definition.

In fact, if I'm to be honest, I'm homophobic. Sorry, but the idea of two guys doing the same things that a guy and girl do disgusts me. I know a lot of people have strong feelings towards LBG/Transgender and all the associated issues so I'll say no more on this topic.

Then there is only one other stereotype that you can fit into, and it's the worst one, sorry.

Whiteknight.
Original post by lee1985

"I'm not homophobic" *proceeds to make homophobic statement*.

Your sexuality doesn't determine your sex life. Just saying.
Reply 13
Original post by KingStannis
Then there is only one other stereotype that you can fit into, and it's the worst one, sorry.

Whiteknight.

Never heard of it?
Pretty much all my friends are girls and I'm a guy, and I prefer mixed-gender groups generally (a nicer balance between oestrogen and testosterone!) but not many other guys that I've met do. The best thing you could do is find a guy who prefers mixed groups and isn't obsessed with vagina/football/being a lad (which I admit is rather difficult). And don't get down, I myself would like more guy friends but realise I haven't because I'm not a stereotypical male, and have been surrounded by girls all my life. I'm sure there are plenty more guys like you though out there, just wait for uni. Also, if you're really bothered, you could get see what a lot of guys at school do for hobbies and see if you like them yourself, but don't force yourself to be someone you're not or do something you don't like.
Are you gay?
Reply 16
Original post by JayJay-C19
"I'm not homophobic" *proceeds to make homophobic statement*.

Your sexuality doesn't determine your sex life. Just saying.

I think you mis-read Jay.

I said I was homophobic, not that I wasn't; hence the homophobic statement.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm in this same situation to a degree. I'm gay and out to everyone so people know and I had a really close male friend and we got on like a house on fire but after I came out he turned his back on me and didn't speak to me ever again. I found that, like you said, girls have some very nasty and manipulative traits that most males don't so I have wanted male relationships for a while although I have some male friends.

The best thing to do to be honest is just let it happen. If they don't choose you then they wouldn't be worth having. I'm sure you will make tonnes at university, however.
Original post by lee1985
I think you mis-read Jay.

I said I was homophobic, not that I wasn't; hence the homophobic statement.

That I did, apologies. My point still remains, sexuality does not determine your sex-life. Many people don't engage in sex and an awful lot of gay men do not engage in penetrative sex.

One thing that I've picked up from a lot of straight homophobes is this: you all seem to think an awful lot about two men having sex, sometimes it appears more so than the gay population themselves.

But I don't want to enter yet another debate on The Student Room with a narrow-minded heterosexual hater :smile:!
Original post by lee1985
Never heard of it?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=White+Knight

Read all the peoples definitions and you'll start to get the picture. Basically a cross breed of the typical freindzoned beta male nice guy, mixed with them being a male feminist, meaning standing up for all females on the internet whenever they start to lose an argument, not realising that this is in fact sexist in itself.

Basically they don't understand the unwritten internet rule: there are no women (in the sense that they're treated different because they're women like in real life interaction) in the internet.

You're probably not it exactly.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending