The Student Room Group

Thousands of women join Hairy Legs Club movement

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
Original post by Dandaman1
It's the only way to be sure...

Well, yeah... mostly.
I don't shave my legs :teehee:

Tis only because they're not very hairy and even then you can't really even see it anyway
If women don't want to shave their legs, that's fine. People won't exactly find it attractive, but it's their legs at the end of the day. However, thinking that it's some kind of profound political statement? :sigh: It's a childish rebellion against a social norm -- you aren't being clever, you aren't being a revolutionary; nobody cares.
If women do not shave their legs, most men will not find them attractive. So do not complain when men are not approaching you as a result of your chewbacca legs.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Lmao brilliant.

I would never go out with unshaven legs on show for fear of being mistaken for Chewbacca but good for them I suppose :indiff:

Same problem as me! The problems of having dark hair :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Made me laugh as well :tongue:

Which I totally wouldn't do :ninja:

The inches between your face and my knee would decrease especially rapidly under such circumstances.
Original post by Dandaman1
If women don't want to shave their legs, that's fine. People won't exactly find it attractive, but it's their legs at the end of the day. However, thinking that it's some kind of profound political statement? :sigh: It's a childish rebellion against a social norm -- you aren't being clever, you aren't being a revolutionary; nobody cares.

But people do care. The reason it's a political statement is because you have people saying "it's vile" and "it makes me feel sick" to something that naturally grows on women's bodies. Women are made to feel gross and made to feel like they should cover up if they have hair on their bodies which is why you need women saying "I'm doing this and I'm happy about it".
Well, if it's winter it's a different discussion but in summer I will not openly show my legs, if unshaven, in public

If a woman wants to embrace being a She-Wolf, props to her. Ahhh Wooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is it vile for women to have hair on their legs when its only natural and its not vile for men?
Original post by ArtGoblin
But people do care. The reason it's a political statement is because you have people saying "it's vile" and "it makes me feel sick" to something that naturally grows on women's bodies. Women are made to feel gross and made to feel like they should cover up if they have hair on their bodies which is why you need women saying "I'm doing this and I'm happy about it".

What I meant is that we don't care about the political statement. Sure, people are going to care and take notice if you don't shave your legs, just as people are going to care if you don't wear deodorant, wear fashionable/acceptable clothing or cut your nails back. Fighting against these basic expectations, in my opinion, is immature and pointless. Nobody necessarily likes having to maintain their appearance, but society is what it is and by refusing to do so you are only shooting yourself in the foot. Women have been pulling this for decades - all that happens is that they become unattractive, and when they grow out of their phase, they go back to shaving.
Reply 71
All this is, is a pre-emptive way for unattractive women to create a reason for their unattractiveness that they can blame on people "just not understanding."

BO is perfectly natural for both genders, the more attractive/socially aware among them prevent it, however.
Original post by sach-okay
Same problem as me! The problems of having dark hair :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it really sucks :grumble: I don't even like looking at my legs when I haven't shaved, I wouldn't subject others to it :laugh:
Original post by MidnightDream
I don't shave my legs :teehee:

Tis only because they're not very hairy and even then you can't really even see it anyway

you jammy bitch, do you understand your luck!? :frown: much envy
Original post by MJ1012

BO is perfectly natural for both genders, the more attractive/socially aware among them prevent it, however.

just gonna point out that both genders are encouraged to prevent BO while hairy legs is acceptable for men but not women even though it occurs naturally for both genders.
Original post by brownsugar-xx
you jammy bitch, do you understand your luck!? :frown: much envy

I know, it's awesome isn't it? Such a shame, I feel sorry for your predicament :teehee:
****ing gross
Nasty. I do like a nice bushy **** though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by brownsugar-xx
just gonna point out that both genders are encouraged to prevent BO while hairy legs is acceptable for men but not women even though it occurs naturally for both genders.

I was more going for the "But it's perfectly natural" thing but fair enough.
Original post by manchesterunited15
****ing gross

How cute.... :rolleyes:

In answer to the thread though... I don't really care but they don't have to make a big deal out of it! They are just legs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending