The Student Room Group

Worried about Magaluf girls holiday...

Im due to be going to magaluf with friends next month but im really concerned about what its like out there is it as bad as what they say it is?. My friends are not helping the situation either i am going with four of them and they have been before.

Recently they have been saying how they going to "go crazy in maga like always" when i was asking some of them about how much stuff to pack and suitcase weight for the plane one of them said to me "don't worry hun if u run out just go nakey we all hardly wore any clothes last time we went!". I laughed and just carried on packing thinkinkg they were joking about.

Last night we were all talking about what clubs to go to and past experiences when i asked them all "so seriously girls what sort of stuff did you wear out there on the beach swimsuit or bikini wear?". They all just looked at me blankly and confused and just all said "na we just walked to the beach nakey with towell round us and find a spot take the towell off and boom no tan lines". One of them then said "you do realise majority of this holiday we all are going to be naked all the time don't you?". I then was like surely you would have underwear on and they all shook their heads and said in unison "Nope no underwear we have nothing on its the thing to do out there, you're there to pull guys and get attention have fun, plus you will probably never see half these people again so no big deal just as long as we agree no pictures". "Just strictly beach and face shots".

My friend Tori added "we go crazy hun, when most girls say its gonna be a messy holiday well... we actually mean it we go all out, like last year we ended up near BCM drunk all riding the bucking bronco starkers, it was such a laugh".

I am self conscoius about my body as it is let alone getting everything out infront of loads of people.

I am now finding it difficult as they are all peer pressuring me into doing what they do and said i will stand out if im all covered up.

Really worried as my friends are quite grounded and sensible people normally but all these talks about magaluf has made me see a whole different side to them all.

My question is is this normal behaviour? I feel like my friends are sounding slightly slutty when really i know they are not, one of them even has a long term boyfriend!

No I am not a troll just this news about Magaluf in the news recently has made me think that my friends are being serious about all of this.

Please help!!!

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Cassie2009
Im due to be going to magaluf with friends next month but im really concerned about what its like out there is it as bad as what they say it is?. My friends are not helping the situation either i am going with four of them and they have been before.

Recently they have been saying how they going to "go crazy in maga like always" when i was asking some of them about how much stuff to pack and suitcase weight for the plane one of them said to me "don't worry hun if u run out just go nakey we all hardly wore any clothes last time we went!". I laughed and just carried on packing thinkinkg they were joking about.

Last night we were all talking about what clubs to go to and past experiences when i asked them all "so seriously girls what sort of stuff did you wear out there on the beach swimsuit or bikini wear?". They all just looked at me blankly and confused and just all said "na we just walked to the beach nakey with towell round us and find a spot take the towell off and boom no tan lines". One of them then said "you do realise majority of this holiday we all are going to be naked all the time don't you?". I then was like surely you would have underwear on and they all shook their heads and said in unison "Nope no underwear we have nothing on its the thing to do out there, you're there to pull guys and get attention have fun, plus you will probably never see half these people again so no big deal just as long as we agree no pictures". "Just strictly beach and face shots".

My friend Tori added "we go crazy hun, when most girls say its gonna be a messy holiday well... we actually mean it we go all out, like last year we ended up near BCM drunk all riding the bucking bronco starkers, it was such a laugh".

I am self conscoius about my body as it is let alone getting everything out infront of loads of people.

I am now finding it difficult as they are all peer pressuring me into doing what they do and said i will stand out if im all covered up.

Really worried as my friends are quite grounded and sensible people normally but all these talks about magaluf has made me see a whole different side to them all.

My question is is this normal behaviour? I feel like my friends are sounding slightly slutty when really i know they are not, one of them even has a long term boyfriend!

No I am not a troll just this news about Magaluf in the news recently has made me think that my friends are being serious about all of this.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Magaluf is what you make of it tbh, some people hit it really hard (seen that video yet? :P), others take it at a more relaxed pace. Just do what you want to do, go out and have a good time. I'm gutted I'm not going this year man!
people complaining about magaluf is like going to a library and complaining about people reading books.

or going to chess club and complaining about people playing and talking about chess.

if you are not wild, into the bible and quiet and reserved, quite simply don't go.
Reply 3
Being topless at the beach is entirely normal behaviour on many parts of the continent. And Clapham Common.
I've never fancied lads holidays: I've turned down trips to Amsterdam and Magaluf in the past. It's interesting to pose the question of what the girl alternative would be. It would probably consist of cheap cocktails, packed nightclubs, not many clothes and sucking cock. Which may or may not be your thing.

More of a fan of cultural/historical holidays myself. Have a nice trip.
Well, your friends sound a lot wilder than any girls at school I ever knew- the most scandalous thing was when some girls wore shorts revealing their bums.
I think definitely tell them about your worries and if they try to laugh it off do stress the importance of the issue. Take clothes and swimsuits since you want to remain clothed and there will definitely be plenty of other girls there who are in swimsuits at the beach etc. so you wont be left out. Besides, there are other ways of covering yourself up and giving the illusion of being in revealing clothes- cut-outs, short shorts etc.- IF you are comfortable with it. Otherwise, just dress how you want

However, I don't think you should regard your friends as 'slutty' and they might not take well to it if you voiced that opinion- they are just letting off some steam and having fun.
This thread was three years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending