The Student Room Group

Ex's friend has tried to add me on Facebook?

My ex ended it 10 months ago ... we went NC and every single time we crossed paths she would be either really angry, stare at me obsessively or shout absurdities at me (often the lies my ex friend told her).

Annnnnywaaay ... I got a friend request from her close/best friend just 5 mins ago. I didn't think much of it, but after a bit I started to wonder things:

- Why would she bother friend requesting me 8 months after deleting her and the rest of my ex's friends?

- Is my ex reaching out through her? ... my ex blocked me randomly after 4 months.

- Or, is it in fact my ex's friend who's trying to chat me up now? Maybe my ex and her had a falling out? ... But it wouldn't make sense since ALL her friends would insult me and shout at me lol

What's going on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ohhh this is interesting. I think the only thing to do is to accept and find out and then if anything happens, then we can give you wonderful advice :smile:)
Reply 2
She (your ex) wants to give you a load of abuse and show you all the saucy videos she taken without your consent whilst you were together.
Reply 3
It's a facebook add... you're looking too deep into it Let us know if she sends you a private message, then it might be something else.
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
My ex ended it 10 months ago ... we went NC and every single time we crossed paths she would be either really angry, stare at me obsessively or shout absurdities at me (often the lies my ex friend told her).

Annnnnywaaay ... I got a friend request from her close/best friend just 5 mins ago. I didn't think much of it, but after a bit I started to wonder things:

- Why would she bother friend requesting me 8 months after deleting her and the rest of my ex's friends?

- Is my ex reaching out through her? ... my ex blocked me randomly after 4 months.

- Or, is it in fact my ex's friend who's trying to chat me up now? Maybe my ex and her had a falling out? ... But it wouldn't make sense since ALL her friends would insult me and shout at me lol

What's going on?

You could message the friend and ask her point blank why she requested you.
You either want to accept her and you do it, or you don't so don't accept her. Does it really matter? You know life is pathetic when you obsess about Facebook and the people on it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Pectorac
You either want to accept her and you do it, or you you don't so don't accept her. Does it really matter? You know life is pathetic when you obsess about Facebook and the people on it.

Well aren't you a happy person... :P
Original post by Jobin123
Well aren't you a happy person... :P

It annoys me when people obsess over little things like this, instead of getting on with their lives :P
It annoys me when people obsess over little things like this, instead of getting on with their lives :P

I'm not obsessing over it ... I'm curious as to why she did it ... keep your wig on!
Original post by Coffeetime
You could message the friend and ask her point blank why she requested you.

Just did ... Will await her response.

Haha fair enough. To be fair, I can't really speak though, I have quite a useless life at the moment, I've just finished my GCSEs and have so far spent the last couple of weeks doing very little. I should probably go and have a life too. The fact I'm spending a while on these chats are worrying :tongue:
They just want to know what youre up to. Curiosity, thats it.... reject it

Im guessing youre set to private?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PrincePauper
They just want to know what youre up to. Curiosity, thats it.... reject it

Im guessing youre set to private?

I'm public ... that's what's weird ... Why bother adding when you can search me and stalk me all you want. AND why bother doing it after 10 months!!
I'm public ... that's what's weird ... Why bother adding when you can search me and stalk me all you want. AND why bother doing it after 10 months!!

Have you recently got another partner?
OR the best friend may have fell out with your ex so a way of getting back at her is to friend request you after she has probably been saying how much she hates you after the last 10 months
DO NOT ACCEPT THE REQUEST UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. IGNORE IT AND MOVE ON.

Trust me.
Just did ... Will await her response.

Keep us updated. We can live vicariously through your Facebook soap opera.
Have you recently got another partner?

No I haven't, been cracking the single life :smile:
OR the best friend may have fell out with your ex so a way of getting back at her is to friend request you after she has probably been saying how much she hates you after the last 10 months

See I thought about that ... but she's still in a lot of pictures with my ex ... I haven't noticed any dude in the pics, so my ex could be single.
Original post by tengentoppa
Keep us updated. We can live vicariously through your Facebook soap opera.

Up to you, it's your energy used.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending