The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

I am not getting a transcript...

I studied for a year at Games Art in the uni and attended everyday needed, (although teaching hours were no more than 15 and only 10 were actually given) and I decided to leave about 2 weeks before the actual due date for the art work which I was failing. The university got the payment for the whole year, I want to move to another course at Stratford Uni but I want to join year 2. On the course there is 3 modules for the whole year (3D, 2D, Crit studies) I passed 3D and should of passed crit studies too but i foolishly left before the due date for both 2d and crit studies so the grades don't seem to get passed on the exam board. And the tutors about 5 of them didn't say a word about that i should of waited or anything 0 guidance.

All Stratford needs is a formal feedback of my score which the university isn't giving me. What do I do? I don't want to start from year 1 at Stratford. Shouldnt i get a transcript or anything more formal as i payed for the whole year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Haha lol i made work the university 10 generations can not compete with for 3d the course advertised and said the focus of the course is on 3d but it was all on 2d which i couldnt do and compete with fine art students. I wrote 50 000 words+ for my crit studies which was not marked and was almost a pass when it had 4000 words on it.

I deserve a second chance because my work is alot better then the graduates from this crap university.

Why are you so mad? :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Baldness
I am a tax payer and I don't want to lend you money for idiotic courses you don't have a hope in hell getting a career in !

Why on earth do you think you should gain access to the second year of a different course when you failed most of the first year of a different course ?

I spent years as a passenger in a car ...didn't mean **** when I needed a driving licence ...

What does that even mean?
Reply 3
Original post by King Leonidas
What does that even mean?

Let me explain.

The OP seems to think that attending lectures = passing his course modules. Attending lectures then claiming that qualifies him to get into year 2 is like claiming that being a passenger in a car for years = passing your driving test.

There ..it wasn't that hard was it ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
(edited 9 years ago)
Let me explain.

The OP seems to think that attending lectures = passing his course modules. Attending lectures then claiming that qualifies him to get into year 2 is like claiming that being a passenger in a car for years = passing your driving test.

Yeah I get your point now, it was just badly worded.
Reply 6
Let me explain.

You said I have no hope in this career

this is a game i made with my brother at college in 2 weeks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQv7SFaC8g it has 7000+ downloads and it wasnt even something we tried hard for. No one at de montfort has made a playable game apart from 4 or 5 in the whole course history from the very biginning

this is a gun i made in about a week for a upcoming ps4 game

http://i.imgur.com/KyZgDnY.png
http://i.imgur.com/JWMlgHj.png
http://i.imgur.com/TMZCvsC.png

Not one person from the current first or second year can match up to my 3d work.

the university's 2d lectures were of no use even if i didnt turn up the teachers only showed up for 5 mins and then we were told to leave and to be seen the week after or two only to be told the same thing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Umar Khan
You said I have no hope in this career

this is a game i made with my brother at college in 2 weeks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQv7SFaC8g it has 7000+ downloads and it wasnt even something we tried hard for. No one at de montfort has made a playable game apart from 4 or 5 in the whole course history from the very biginning

this is a gun i made in about a week for a upcoming ps4 game

http://i.imgur.com/KyZgDnY.png
http://i.imgur.com/JWMlgHj.png
http://i.imgur.com/TMZCvsC.png

Not one person from the current first or second year can match up to my 3d work.

the university's 2d lectures were of no use even if I didn't turn up the teachers only showed up for 5 mins and then we were told to leave and to be seen the week after or two only to be told the same thing.

I haven't said you have no hope in this career.

Don't tell me about how good you are .. go tell some potential employers and have done with Universities trying to teach idiots practical skills they could learn elsewhere.

I know there are thousands of talentless underachievers studying degrees and if you are good enough employers should recognise that if you get in the faces of the right decision makers with or without a degree.

If you don't play by the university rules don't be surprised if they fail you. Sometimes you have to play the game.
Reply 8
I am a tax payer and I don't want to lend you money for idiotic courses you don't have a hope in hell getting a career in !

Clearly you did say that.

I am currently working for 2 studios for royalty but i am actually doing it for experience. Without 2 years experience or a degree its more than impossible to get into a studio.

I just need another year to have more work like the quality above and that's all I need to get into a better full time employment, but if I have a degree it makes it easier to get employment.

I dont quite understand what your problem is ? Am I the only person who takes out student loan. I am not doing something like fashion design or drama which has no hope. Everyone deserves a chance ?
Reply 9
Original post by Umar Khan

Clearly you did say that.

I am currently working for 2 studios for royalty but i am actually doing it for experience. Without 2 years experience or a degree its more than impossible to get into a studio.

I just need another year to have more work like the quality above and that's all I need to get into a better full time employment, but if I have a degree it makes it easier to get employment.

I dont quite understand what your problem is ? Am I the only person who takes out student loan. I am not doing something like fashion design or drama which has no hope. Everyone deserves a chance ?

I stand corrected.

Why the hell is OP allowing himself to fail certain modules then ?

Somewhere along the line he is not keeping certain people that can cause him problems happy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
I stand corrected.

Why the hell is OP allowing himself to fail certain modules then ?

Somewhere along the line he is not keeping certain people that can cause him problems happy.

I get it i failed a module but does that mean i should stop everything and not move on.

The course consists of three modules when i told Stafford that they laughed and said it must be a very badly structured to have just 3 modules my college had 18 modules. Stafford has about 20. At De montfort if you fail one module you fail the whole year. For my college course which had 18 modules i got a triple D*

So your point is no one should fail at all at anything?
(edited 9 years ago)
Sell that failure.

Failure is good it helps one to learn .....

etc etc ...

Never give up if you have genuine talent and there are opportunities.
Sell that failure.

Failure is good it helps one to learn .....

etc etc ...

Never give up if you have genuine talent and there are opportunities.

Your best post in this thread:congrats:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending