The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Mini Fridge...?

I was wondering whether or not to take a mini fridge for my room? Is this allowed (think I read somewhere it's not :/). If not then what will happen if I do? Will I get into a lot of trouble? Is it easy to hide or will I get caught?

I just want to avoid any issues regarding missing food etc. only gonna have around £20 a week budget :'( so I can't afford to have food being taken without my permission... Giving me anxiety thinking about it lol.
Original post by V94
I was wondering whether or not to take a mini fridge for my room? Is this allowed (think I read somewhere it's not :/). If not then what will happen if I do? Will I get into a lot of trouble? Is it easy to hide or will I get caught?

I just want to avoid any issues regarding missing food etc. only gonna have around £20 a week budget :'( so I can't afford to have food being taken without my permission... Giving me anxiety thinking about it lol.

It's not allowed but that doesn't mean nobody does it. I found I had adequate room in the fridge. Usually you can take a shelf each in the fridge so it's obvious who different food belongs to. Nobody will like people that steal other people's food so you won't be alone if you need to confront them about it. Having said that it's not happened to me except a bit of milk if someone's run out or something. Hope that helps. :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by k9markiii
It's not allowed but that doesn't mean nobody does it. I found I had adequate room in the fridge. Usually you can take a shelf each in the fridge so it's obvious who different food belongs to. Nobody will like people that steal other people's food so you won't be alone if you need to confront them about it. Having said that it's not happened to me except a bit of milk if someone's run out or something. Hope that helps. :smile:

Ah thanks. I think I'll just wait and see what flat mates I get, food stealing hopefully won't be a problem :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending