The Student Room Group

how to regrow and thicken my hair?

My hair is long. It is falling nowadays when i comb.
How do i solve this problem?
I feel sad that my hair is falling:sadnod:
You know it's perfectly natural for hair to fall, but obviously you must have noticed an increase in the amount falling out to post this. I would suggest you go to your GP, and see if there's any underlying dermatological problem at hand. If not then maybe try and take better care of your hair, don't wash it everyday as that causes breakage, remember to condition well, use good products that are sulphate free and silicon free if possible.
I agree, do you have severe split ends? do you dye it heavily with a peroxide dye? do you use a lot of heat? if you d (especially the dye and heat) this could be a cause and you need a trim. to thicken, get a good cut, layering out your lengths. this will shorten your hair a tad, but in the long run will help.
to lessen the falling out, strengthen the hair- after getting that trim and advice from the hairdresser- use oil treatments, deep conditioning. to get this to work even better, when you leave it in, wrap it in clingfilm then blast with a hot hairdryer- this will open the follicles and let in more of the treatment. then when you rinse, do so with cold water as this closes the follicles- trapping in the moisture.
this is all pointless however if you dot get the cut- that's the starting point to hair 'recovery' if you like
good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Brontësaurus
I agree, do you have severe split ends? do you dye it heavily with a peroxide dye? do you use a lot of heat? if you d (especially the dye and heat) this could be a cause and you need a trim. to thicken, get a good cut, layering out your lengths. this will shorten your hair a tad, but in the long run will help.
to lessen the falling out, strengthen the hair- after getting that trim and advice from the hairdresser- use oil treatments, deep conditioning. to get this to work even better, when you leave it in, wrap it in clingfilm then blast with a hot hairdryer- this will open the follicles and let in more of the treatment. then when you rinse, do so with cold water as this closes the follicles- trapping in the moisture.
this is all pointless however if you dot get the cut- that's the starting point to hair 'recovery' if you like
good luck :smile:

Split ends- Yes
I never dye. I am 17 years old.
I don't heat my hair.
I cut my hair step-cut. But its falling now. I always cut the split ends before and then it re-grows. But hair fall off from my head.
Can you tell the instructions clearly so I will follow it.
I am an Asian.
Idle?!
Reply 5
Original post by Huskaris
Idle?!

What?
Original post by Sena5
Split ends- Yes
I never dye. I am 17 years old.
I don't heat my hair.
I cut my hair step-cut. But its falling now. I always cut the split ends before and then it re-grows. But hair fall off from my head.
Can you tell the instructions clearly so I will follow it.
I am an Asian.

ok 1) massage and comb through a good oil treatment (you can get these from superdrug or boots)
2) wrap you entire head in plenty of clingfilm, securing with bobby pins and elastic bands
3) use a hot hairdryer to heat up all your hair for 1-2 minutes then leave in for around a further 20 minutes (sometimes the oil treatments which are self heating do this for you enough)
4) rinse with cold water then shampoo (use plenty as the hot oils are sometimes a little sticky)
5) work in a deep conditioner and comb through from root to tip, removing any knots and ensuring every strand is covered (if you want you could repeat the clingfilm/hairdryer process)
5) rinse again with cold water and, after towel drying, spray in a quality leave in conditioner then don't blow dry, but leave in a very loose plait

its best to do this at night and not go out in to the cold, so you wake up with it all nice and dry, plaited with a nice shape ready to go for a day or two

its best to complete the full process monthly but the rising with cold water and the combing are good for every wash
try also to limit how often you wash the hair as this is also damaging

hope this helps :smile:
Castor oil
Reply 8
As a kid my parents shaved my hair off about 14 times. I have thick long hair. However 2 years ago it was falling :frown:
I cried a lot. It was due to weather change. Went on holiday, you see.

MUSTARD OIL is the greatest oil ever. I went to a hairdresser and asked she told me about it. I used to put it on fully from Friday afterschool- until whenever. Usualyy before sunday bcuz of school. My hair stopped falling :smile:
And my hair is very thick once again!

But this basically:

ok 1) massage and comb through a good oil treatment (you can get these from superdrug or boots)
2) wrap you entire head in plenty of clingfilm, securing with bobby pins and elastic bands
3) use a hot hairdryer to heat up all your hair for 1-2 minutes then leave in for around a further 20 minutes (sometimes the oil treatments which are self heating do this for you enough)
4) rinse with cold water then shampoo (use plenty as the hot oils are sometimes a little sticky)
5) work in a deep conditioner and comb through from root to tip, removing any knots and ensuring every strand is covered (if you want you could repeat the clingfilm/hairdryer process)
5) rinse again with cold water and, after towel drying, spray in a quality leave in conditioner then don't blow dry, but leave in a very loose plait

its best to do this at night and not go out in to the cold, so you wake up with it all nice and dry, plaited with a nice shape ready to go for a day or two

its best to complete the full process monthly but the rising with cold water and the combing are good for every wash
try also to limit how often you wash the hair as this is also damaging

hope this helps
Reply 9
Olive oil..
If you want home made natural treatment, then Massage it with coconut and olive oil. Use natural shampoo and take proper and healthy diet. Remember tensions may also cause hair problems so try to remove tensions. I recommend you to take advice from a professional hair expert for instant and better results.
use dabur vatika it does get greasy but do apply less to the scalp but do massage it...has helped grown my hair...though am going through a lot of stress am not going to stop - use it at least once a week without a miss..good diet does help too, don't try and use heat a lot

http://www.theasiancookshop.co.uk/dabur-vatika-coconut-enriched-hair-oil-200ml-vat-inc-5375-p.asp?gclid=CMOp3-X-8sACFZTLtAod1gQAAw
Original post by Sena5
My hair is long. It is falling nowadays when i comb.
How do i solve this problem?
I feel sad that my hair is falling:sadnod:

Hello Sena5,

Congratulations on your long hair. And I have a very good solution to your problem. The solution is an Ayurvedic hair oil called Trellis Hair Oil. This hair oil is the best I have come across. It is a "Paraben free" oil with the goodness of 21 hair nourishing herbs. It has given shine to my hair, reduced dandruff and are overall in good health. My mother has also been using this hair oil and her hair fall, and loss of hair has almost stopped. The hair oil has repaired my mothers hair to a vast extent. And the best part - you can order it anytime online.

Good luck!
You should use a special treatment, nowdays the ones based on laser are the most efficient ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending