The Student Room Group

Why so many 35-40 yo very successful women can't find a partner?

When men in the same age/income category are swarmed by women of all ages?

Scroll to see replies

because gender roles whether you like it or not
They probably kept rejecting dudes to work on their career and now that they want to get a man. Theyre too old
Reply 3
Women mostly value financial security more than men and men mostly value physical attributes more than women.
There was also that study that showed successful women prefer to date other successful men, whereas successful men prefer to date less successful women.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Too fussy to accept the men who are still single by that age.
Reply 5
Men know their biological clock is running down and they WANT babies.

A lot of them are also really choosy which in itself is a good thing, but the chances are, they are settling for you for the above reason rather than really love you. Once they have kids, you're probably get dumped or tolerated as long as you have a job.
Original post by Maker
Men know their biological clock is running down and they WANT babies.

A lot of them are also really choosy which in itself is a good thing, but the chances are, they are settling for you for the above reason rather than really love you. Once they have kids, you're probably get dumped or tolerated as long as you have a job.

You sure about that sentence?
1) Men in that age group are going for younger better looking girls that aren't decaying in looks.

2) These women want a man that's similarly successful and on their wavelength, they don't like the idea of supporting a man who doesn't earn much. Whereas men that make a lot of money or any decent amount don't mind supporting a low earning woman (feeling like the breadwinner I guess). The problem is as women are continually outperforming men in all levels of education, represent a higher number of University attendants, and with equal career opportunities and encouragement to go into more higher earning jobs. We are slowly seeing more high earning women and less high earning men, so I guess there's no "good" men to go around :dontknow: And the good men that are around, want younger more attractive girls, because they can.
(edited 9 years ago)
Because men age like a fine wine and women age like milk.

Etc. etc.
I think it's true that they tend to have very high standards. As someone else mentioned, successful women often expect a successful partner, but successful men (who have more choice, in theory) will go for the younger, more attractive women with less importance placed on whether their partner is also doing well.

Beggars being choosers, essentially. Lots of sub-groups find themselves doing it, not just women in their 30s and 40s.
I don't know about you but of the men I know aged 35-40 none are swarmed by women :\
Reply 11
Because women won't date anyone with a lower income. Adding to this, a successful man in his forties can find a partner in their 30s, heck, even in their late twenties. Men care more about looks than status, so they will aim for the younger women. These factors reduce the pool of available men to these successful women, significantly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Reue
Too fussy to accept the men who are still single by that age.
This one.
Reply 13
Original post by Birdman1234567
1) Men in that age group are going for younger better looking girls that aren't decaying in looks.

2) These women want a man that's similarly successful and on their wavelength, they don't like the idea of supporting a man who doesn't earn much. Whereas men that make a lot of money or any decent amount don't mind supporting a low earning woman (feeling like the breadwinner I guess). The problem is as women are continually outperforming men in all levels of education, represent a higher number of University attendants, and with equal career opportunities and encouragement to go into more higher earning jobs. We are slowly seeing more high earning women and less high earning men, so I guess there's no "good" men to go around :dontknow: And the good men that are around, want younger more attractive girls, because they can.

Supporting a low income woman is more along the lines of feeling like a mug tbh :laugh:
I fall in that 35-40 category. I generally don't look for females of that age.

Most generally if they are single especially for a long time are single due to a damn good reason. It is rarely ever an issue of time they spent towards becoming successful but more along the lines that they usually are a bitch of some degree. The problem is during that courting and dating stage you don't exactly know to what extent she is putting on a face simply because she is trying to get a catch and that can change a lot once she has what she wants.

Generally prefer someone who is between 28-33 instead.
Is the power dynamics, women on the market per se are at their most valued anywhere from late teens to late twenties, pushing early thirties. That's when they are at their most attractive generally, and most fertile. Makes the world of difference to how they are perceived, chemically/ hormonally.

Men on the market increase in value with age, until around 45 I'd say but could extent far, far further relative to effects of aging and power*.

Original post by Viva Emptiness

*social status/standing, money etc.
Reply 16
I think a lot of men don't want a more successful woman to over shadow them. Its really hard to change attitudes to the usual power distribution between men and women even now.

Also successful women usually want an even more successful man and of course, most successful men are already in a relationship or have little trouble finding a younger women.

Etc. etc.

You did not say that:O

Etc. etc.

I'm not one of the stereotypical White knight male feminist users, but I have never understood this thinking.

Men aged 35-40 probably earn more than men aged 20-25 (generally speaking), but in terms of looks they are usually pretty horrendous with yellowing teeth, fat bellies etc. I just think this idea of women losing their attractiveness and men retaining it, is a kind of revenge fantasy bitter losers have.
Original post by LostGear
You did not say that:O

Oh, I did. Come at me :sexface:

Original post by yo radical one
I'm not one of the stereotypical White knight male feminist users, but I have never understood this thinking.

Men aged 35-40 probably earn more than men aged 20-25 (generally speaking), but in terms of looks they are usually pretty horrendous with yellowing teeth, fat bellies etc. I just think this idea of women losing their attractiveness and men retaining it, is a kind of revenge fantasy bitter losers have.

If it makes them feel better, I'll let 'em have it. I'll probably look like a withered old hag by 30 anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending