The Student Room Group

I FINALLY have a girlfriend! Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

If only negative ratings were still a possibility.
Original post by Sapient
As far as I am aware a relationship between a 21 year old and a 15 year old is legal. However, if it becomes sexual, then it may be illegal depending where you live.

Also, why don't you just find a girl in the UK? You do realize that the moment somebody shows interest in her in real life, she'll ditch you quicker than you can begin to cry. And probably the same goes for you, as if you're going to turn down a girl in real life for a girl(?) you'll likely never meet from another country.

I suspect that one, or both of you has something about them that makes it very difficult to get a partner IRL.

We're not doing anything sexual. It would most likely mess up our minds.
I don't think that will happen, we don't really talk to other people at all. We both have autism which could be a factor.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I don't think that will happen, we don't really talk to other people at all. We both have autism which could be a factor.

i don't see why the other posters are being mean to you. it's great that you have found someone to share your life with. good luck.

:borat:
Reply 63

That's probably the reason then, but I do find it hard to believe that you've got nothing sexual on your mind.... Being 21 that would be highly abnormal.

Still, you should not shun your social life for a virtual relationship, as I can almost guarantee this online relationship will not be viable long term.
Original post by Sapient
As far as I am aware a relationship between a 21 year old and a 15 year old is legal. However, if it becomes sexual, then it may be illegal depending where you live.

Nope. Its called grooming and is very much illegal.

OP, I would call it quits, if this isn't a troll. Its just not worth it, trust me.
Original post by the bear
i don't see why the other posters are being mean to you. it's great that you have found someone to share your life with. good luck.

:borat:

Thank you. Our age gap shouldn't mean our love is wrong or stigmated. We have pretty much have everything in common, even our special autism interest is the same! (Medical biology) I didn't think I would find someone like her, I always though I would be alone forever, but she's changed my life in many ways, I have a lot happier than I use to be and I've made her life better too.
Original post by Sapient
That's probably the reason then, but I do find it hard to believe that you've got nothing sexual on your mind.... Being 21 that would be highly abnormal.

Still, you should not shun your social life for a virtual relationship, as I can almost guarantee this online relationship will not be viable long term.

I don't think of real people sexually... I don't shun my social life, I do go out with my family. It's a risk I am willing to take.
Yes, i asked her to be my partner with my voice over skype so it's official. (Asking over text doesn't count to me) She's 15 and I am 21. Nope, I talk to her on skype almost everyday.

Well that is just creepy.

Why would a 21 year old man in the UK be interested in dating a 15 year old girl who he can't even meet?

Although maybe the latter is a good thing...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PsychadelicScarf
Nope. Its called grooming and is very much illegal.

OP, I would call it quits, if this isn't a troll. Its just not worth it, trust me.

Grooming means someone pretending to be nice to someone to have sex with them. That's very wrong.
Original post by redferry
Well that is just creepy.

Why would a 21 year old man in the UK be interested in dating a 15 year old girl who he can't even meet?

Although maybe the latter is a good thing...

I don't see how it's creepy. Love is love. She makes me happy, she makes me feel loved and we have a lot in common. She's pretty much everything I want in a partner.
Reply 70
Autist goes to dating site and then autist does AMA?... I don't buy it.
Original post by viriol
Autist goes to dating site and then autist does AMA?... I don't buy it.

I don't use dating sites anymore... The females on there are rude.
I don't see how it's creepy. Love is love. She makes me happy, she makes me feel loved and we have a lot in common. She's pretty much everything I want in a partner.

Because it's called grooming?

And because she is a child?

The age gap would be equivalent to me dating my younger brother, and he is older than her but clearly still a kid.
Reply 73
#PeerPressure :lol:
Original post by redferry
Because it's called grooming?

And because she is a child?

The age gap would be equivalent to me dating my younger brother, and he is older than her but clearly still a kid.

Um, I'm not grooming her... We're in a serious relationship. If you wanted to date someone like that you can.

Austism usually is a contributing factor. People with it tend to relate well with others that also have it..

Personal experience
M8 u r layin thru ur teeth I cn tel tht meles awey
Reply 77
Original post by LostGear
M8 u r layin thru ur teeth I cn tel tht meles awey

where r you from? :P
Reply 78
9.9999? She bullying you bro? Was this a dare :curious:
Original post by Binary Freak
Austism usually is a contributing factor. People with it tend to relate well with others that also have it..

Personal experience

I understand, our autism is probably what has caused her to have such a close bond/connection.

Quick Reply

Latest