The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by DanDadds
on the website it says you can share the flat with up to 20 people so I'm assuming they are! so we could be potentially flat mates haha!
and yeah there are a few in the other threads :smile:

I was wondering the same thing

Do you know anyone in block C?
But yea we'll all meet each other yea?

Excited about getting to know u guys!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by WheresPebbles
I've spoken to the odd person; it's good to get to know who I'll be living with!

Well I'm sure I'll see you around then! What are you studying?

yeah exactly! and management with international business, you ??
Reply 62
Original post by nanistya

nope i haven't seen anything yet, and yeah of course!!
yeah exactly! and management with international business, you ??

I'll be taking psychology, as long as I get the grades! I can't wait! :smile:
Reply 64
I'll be taking psychology, as long as I get the grades! I can't wait! :smile:

ahhh sweet!:smile: and same so excited to meet everyone and happy with the halls too!!
I actually have no clue! I thought it was organised into levels, but I don't know that for sure. Either way, I'm sure we'll all be bumping into each other. Do you know anymore D-blockers?

on the website it says you can share the flat with up to 20 people so I'm assuming they are! so we could be potentially flat mates haha!
and yeah there are a few in the other threads :smile:

Just to give you guys an idea of the layout of Reid: they are arranged in blocks and within each block there are three floors (ground floor, first floor, second floor) which are all accessible by a staircase, i.e. there aren't any flats or doors dividing these rooms up. There are two pantries on the ground floor that everyone in the whole block has access to. The rooms are grouped into little corridors on each floor consisting of four rooms in each 'bunch' (though again, these aren't divided by anything, i.e. everyone has access to everyone's bedroom door), although on the ground floor there are only three rooms in a 'bunch', with the fourth door leading to the pantry.

This is a typical Reid block- there are one or two that are a bit different, but the general format is similar. I was in E last year- probably one of the worst locations of the Reid blocks but it was typical in the layout sense. I think F is 'half' a block, so it just has one large pantry. A, B, C and D overlook the grassy area so they're situated particularly well (I always liked B, personally).

If you guys have any more questions about Reid, let me know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by llacerta
Just to give you guys an idea of the layout of Reid: they are arranged in blocks and within each block there are three floors (ground floor, first floor, second floor) which are all accessible by a staircase, i.e. there aren't any flats or doors dividing these rooms up. There are two pantries on the ground floor that everyone in the whole block has access to. The rooms are grouped into little corridors on each floor consisting of four rooms in each 'bunch' (though again, these aren't divided by anything, i.e. everyone has access to everyone's bedroom door), although on the ground floor there are only three rooms in a 'bunch', with the third door leading to the pantry.

This is a typical Reid block- there are one or two that are a bit different, but the general format is similar. I was in E last year- probably one of the worst locations of the Reid blocks but it was typical in the layout sense. I think F is 'half' a block, so it just has one large pantry. A, B, C and D overlook the grassy area so they're situated particularly well (I always liked B, personally).

Hey, yea did help. Thanks so much!
Reply 67
Just to give you guys an idea of the layout of Reid: they are arranged in blocks and within each block there are three floors (ground floor, first floor, second floor) which are all accessible by a staircase, i.e. there aren't any flats or doors dividing these rooms up. There are two pantries on the ground floor that everyone in the whole block has access to. The rooms are grouped into little corridors on each floor consisting of four rooms in each 'bunch' (though again, these aren't divided by anything, i.e. everyone has access to everyone's bedroom door), although on the ground floor there are only three rooms in a 'bunch', with the third door leading to the pantry.

thank you that was really helpful! i have another question, is reid a very social hall ?
Just to give you guys an idea of the layout of Reid: they are arranged in blocks and within each block there are three floors (ground floor, first floor, second floor) which are all accessible by a staircase, i.e. there aren't any flats or doors dividing these rooms up. There are two pantries on the ground floor that everyone in the whole block has access to. The rooms are grouped into little corridors on each floor consisting of four rooms in each 'bunch' (though again, these aren't divided by anything, i.e. everyone has access to everyone's bedroom door), although on the ground floor there are only three rooms in a 'bunch', with the fourth door leading to the pantry.

Thanks very much for the insight! 😁 do you know what block J is like by any chance? I'm the only person I've seen whose going to be living there so far so kinda nervous 😛
thank you that was really helpful! i have another question, is reid a very social hall ?

No worries, you're welcome.

There's no such thing as a 'social' or 'unsocial' hall. Sure, some halls are laid out in such a way that might encourage more interactions between its inhabitants (e.g. Founder's with its endless corridors) but how social Reid is will depend on who you live with. You'll have plenty of opportunities to meet people, though, especially with the block layout of Reid, but that's no guarantee that you'll end up living with more (or less) sociable people. And to be fair, as a fresher, pretty much everyone is up for a good time so I wouldn't worry.
Original post by corrgeorgia
Thanks very much for the insight! do you know what block J is like by any chance? I'm the only person I've seen whose going to be living there so far so kinda nervous

As far as I remember, Block J is the last block, closest to the 'main road' that goes through to Butler, Tuke and Williamson. It's also therefore opposite (or close to) the shack that houses Insanity Radio. But inside it'll be exactly the same as all the other Reid blocks (I believe it is a 'full' block, not half a block) so no need to be nervous- even though there may not be anyone else from there on TSR at the moment, you'll definitely be living with lots of other people!

And no worries, you're welcome.
(edited 9 years ago)
Is there any way we can find out exactly where our rooms are on a building floor plan? I'm in Founders E238?
ahhh sweet!:smile: and same so excited to meet everyone and happy with the halls too!!

Yep, Reid was my first choice, so I'm happy. Not sure I would want to share a bathroom, and I'd probably starve if I had to cool for myself!
Reply 73
Yep, Reid was my first choice, so I'm happy. Not sure I would want to share a bathroom, and I'd probably starve if I had to cool for myself!

hahaha yeah i'm the same, plus they are nice little rooms!
Im in Reid Block J Level 0 Room 01 !! I was slightly disappointed because i like cooking but oh well...:colondollar:
Reply 75
So who else is going to be in Reid Halls? :smile:

Block H if I meet my conditions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by Thiara77
I am!!! Reid hall block B :smile:

Ah, where u from? Hope to see u during orientation!
Reply 77
Original post by kmhx95
Block H if I meet my conditions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with your results! Are you taking A level?
Reply 78
Wedderburn: Block B Level 3 Flat B Room 3
Reply 79
So I was thinking of making a Facebook group for Reid Hall residents. Anyone up for it?

Latest

Trending

Trending