The Student Room Group

would you marry for money?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Actually I am intending to marry my bf oh future if practically we can make it work. You may have a problem with marriage but I don't. I don't mind working part time and then the rest of the week being a housewife you may do but I don't.

When he realises that you are using him for his money, he will leave you.
@dina....I don't want a big marriage. I hate the idea I hate the attention im shy anyway. Yeah I would want it simple plus I think too much money is spent un necessarily in weddings when it can be saved for something else..
wow special snowflake lol I like that.. . your entitled to your opinion. im just listening to my gut./experience...lets face it.. gut/instinct is always right.. in just about everything.

interesting. your posts give off an impression that you're not as old as 24. you seem rather immature.
@eatandrevise

Lol

No I was just referring to bf we both know what we want in future and how to ideally get it...

And in arranged marriages which ideally I don't want cos I want to marry my bf...things are already set out in stone..ppls duties responsibilities so no I think a man could leave u for many other reasons but most likely not that

Im not taking about ..random girl marrying hugh Hefner here im talking about arranged marriages. Or meeting someone through contacts ..
@scavenger

According to you. But this is internet and frankly I don't need to worry about how mature or immature I am. Don't take this thread to heart we,are only exchanging opinions views here
I already have my own income and job...there are some ppl who want to marry at 18..I don't have,a problem with that...there are some ppl who want to study and work and get a career Iv already done that and still work...again everybody is different

As a matter of fact im not getting married next year as im applying second time round to try and get further qualification lol

But anyway I welcome everybody views here
To eat and revise

Marriage is different for different people. My old supervisor after she got married world pt 3 days a week. Shew intelligent helpful caring person far from the sort of person you associate to be a scrounge. She doesn't have any children yet. I don't judge her badly just cos she works pt..
Would marry a women with a significant dowry. Hypergamy can have many advantages and so long as there's no prenup when it eventually fails you'd be rich :wink:
As a nearly married woman, the biggest arguments we have involve money, or to be more precise, a certain lack of it!
If there are any Asian/Arab girls please share your views...or Irish/diagrammatically girls would like to hear.
Original post by Anna.Karenina
As a nearly married woman, the biggest arguments we have involve money, or to be more precise, a certain lack of it!

Exactly. But it's hard when otherwise you and the other person are super compatible.
If there are any Asian/Arab girls please share your views...or Irish/diagrammatically girls would like to hear.

I meant south American girls
Original post by LaughingBro
You sound like a materialistic,shallow, mainland Chinese slut.

Im not Chinese but well done for offending Chinese people
To morning light.

No money isn't sole factor. I didn't choose my bf according to Money. But things have been very hard when Iv had to support him a lot financially his future is now thanks to god looking much better and im happy for him I want him to do well for his self worth. But im hoping in future he will have a job that matches my salary and he'll be able to provide for me that's all
I have enough on my own.

I generally don't believe in other people's money as if it isn't through your own work then that money will never stay with you.
And to answer the question. Nothing wrong with wanting the easy life.
Original post by Alfissti
I have enough on my own.

I generally don't believe in other people's money as if it isn't through your own work then that money will never stay with you.

Interesting.
Reply 77
Original post by anonymouspie227
Why won't we be able to work?

You misread.

"Will be able to not work".

i.e. a large number of women will marry someone who will be able to support the family on a single income. In many cases, his income will be enough that for the wife to work would be financially pointless.

In these circumstances, the wife often can't quit her job fast enough, and if she does go back to work, it will be a job of her choosing on her own terms - i.e. one that doesn't pay much, but she enjoys.
Reply 78
Am I the only girl who would rather be earning more money than my future husband? I can't stand the idea of being supported - even in the slightest! While financially supporting my family doesn't seem wrong, it actually sits quite well with my pride. Obviously, if my husband was earning more, then it wouldn't bother me to the point of breaking up - it'd just push me to work harder and bring in a higher income.
Original post by xloisx
Am I the only girl who would rather be earning more money than my future husband? I can't stand the idea of being supported - even in the slightest! While financially supporting my family doesn't seem wrong, it actually sits quite well with my pride. Obviously, if my husband was earning more, then it wouldn't bother me to the point of breaking up - it'd just push me to work harder and bring in a higher income.

No im sure there are millions of women with the same opinion as you. One of my friends wants to.do everything herself so your not alone . I want financial support in a marriage though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending