The Student Room Group

More than friends?

So, there's a boy who I've been pretty good friends with for years, we've both liked each other when we were younger, but it never went anywhere, now I think I like him again, but he has a female "friend" who he's been obsessed with since last year - it seems that he would like to be more than friends, and he follows her around like a lost puppy, but he is definitely 'friend zoned'. In my opinion she's a bit superficial (e.g. she's told him she'll only go to the end of year formal with her if he gets fitter! Poor guy...)
I'm confused about whether he is still after her or whether he might like me (possibly wishful thinking...:redface:) This is because last night we hugged, as a 'goodbye' after a party, and he hugged me really tightly and for a couple of seconds longer than I would have expected, in fact, I think it was me who pulled away after a while, not really him. It was just such a lovely, sincere hug, and we've never hugged before. :colondollar: Could he like me as more than a friend?
p.s. I know I hug seems like nothing, but thing is that neither of us has ever kissed, held hands, had a bf/gf before, and we're not really people who go around hugging everyone, so it's unusual.
p.p.s. we're both seventeen.
Reply 1
If he continuously follows her around like a lost puppy and he likes her as you put it then he's attracted to her, not you.

Have you ever wondered whether your friendship might take a hit should you try getting closer and things go wrong?
Original post by Anonymous
So, there's a boy who I've been pretty good friends with for years, we've both liked each other when we were younger, but it never went anywhere, now I think I like him again, but he has a female "friend" who he's been obsessed with since last year - it seems that he would like to be more than friends, and he follows her around like a lost puppy, but he is definitely 'friend zoned'. In my opinion she's a bit superficial (e.g. she's told him she'll only go to the end of year formal with her if he gets fitter! Poor guy...)
I'm confused about whether he is still after her or whether he might like me (possibly wishful thinking...:redface:) This is because last night we hugged, as a 'goodbye' after a party, and he hugged me really tightly and for a couple of seconds longer than I would have expected, in fact, I think it was me who pulled away after a while, not really him. It was just such a lovely, sincere hug, and we've never hugged before. :colondollar: Could he like me as more than a friend?
p.s. I know I hug seems like nothing, but thing is that neither of us has ever kissed, held hands, had a bf/gf before, and we're not really people who go around hugging everyone, so it's unusual.
p.p.s. we're both seventeen.

i think your only friends but does he know you like him? (boys are a pickle sometimes and can't know whether you like them or not lest you tell him)
Reply 3
Original post by lee1985
If he continuously follows her around like a lost puppy and he likes her as you put it then he's attracted to her, not you.

Have you ever wondered whether your friendship might take a hit should you try getting closer and things go wrong?

Yes, that's exactly why I don't really want to do anything about it. It's so sad to see him obsessed with someone who doesn't give a stuff about him, and doesn't seen to care if she hurts him. It's not just me who thinks this either:redface:ther friends have said that they wish he would go for anyone else: just someonenicer!

Original post by flou_fboco2
i think your only friends but does he know you like him? (boys are a pickle sometimes and can't know whether you like them or not lest you tell him)

I don't know, I doubt it, but as I said above I don't want to risk a great friendship by telling him or doing anything that could make things awkward. :confused:
Original post by Anonymous

I don't know, I doubt it, but as I said above I don't want to risk a great friendship by telling him or doing anything that could make things awkward. :confused:

i aggree to it might making things awkward but you have 2 options either suffer in silence or to be open on how you feel :console:
Reply 5
It sucks seeing a friend make decisions that you truly feel are wrong or not for the best.

But as a friend all you can do is be there and be the first to offer the shoulder to cry on when things go wrong. People have friends but ultimately people make their own decisions and choices in life - that's why friends are so precious to have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending