The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Webster2002
7-0 up, late on in game. He missed an easy chance. Should've scored but it didn't matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not the only chance he missed in the tournament.
Here, very nice summary: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2115513-analysing-mesut-ozil-germany-and-arsenals-underperforming-world-cup-star

"just a passenger" and "lazy final ball". That's what I mean, he is what we Germans call "schlampig" and several other players could have played instead of him and done at least not worse and probably better.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Didn't ozil create more goal-scoring chances than any other player at the world cup?

http://www.theequaliser.com/2014/07/13/mesut-ozil-world-cups-most-underrated-player
That's just for Germany, IIRC it was Messi who created the most. Still shows how important he was for Germany though.
Underrated? Lulz.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Didn't ozil create more goal-scoring chances than any other player at the world cup?

http://www.theequaliser.com/2014/07/13/mesut-ozil-world-cups-most-underrated-player

This will be sure to put to bed all the BS criticism Ozil been getting from the still bitter anti arsenal morons. Ozil contribution was silent but present. Next season he will flourish with the right players around him and having gotten used to the pace and strength of the PL.

It's hilarious how fast ppl change their tune about player as soon as they join Arsenal, smh. Just waiting for the Sanchez critique to come in, because it will.
I'm not anti-Arsenal, I just don't want him wasting a space on our national team if he plays like that. If he had been fit, Reus should have played for Ozil, though I think Low would not have taken Ozil off, rather put Muller up front Ozil right and Reus left instead of Klose up front.

And regarding those stats, 15 chances created yes, but just 1 goal out of it. In a team that scored 18...Müller score 4 more goals and out of his 15 chances created came 3 goals. Kroos had less chances but 4 assits and also a goal more.

Stats can easily deceive.
Original post by SarcasticMel
I'm not anti-Arsenal, I just don't want him wasting a space on our national team if he plays like that. If he had been fit, Reus should have played for Ozil, though I think Low would not have taken Ozil off, rather put Muller up front Ozil right and Reus left instead of Klose up front.

And regarding those stats, 15 chances created yes, but just 1 goal out of it. In a team that scored 18...Müller score 4 more goals and out of his 15 chances created came 3 goals. Kroos had less chances but 4 assits and also a goal more.

Tbh better for us if he does not bother playing for Germany. If he is unappreciated for Germany from now on anyway, it is pointless for him personally to be there. He has already won a WC medal, nothing left to really achieve. Euros are a bit of a joke tournament.

Hardly Özil's fault if his teammates fluff the chances he creates.
Someone said our medical team are so bad even NHS is better than them:rofl:

I can't help but agreee with this:lol:
Here, very nice summary: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2115513-analysing-mesut-ozil-germany-and-arsenals-underperforming-world-cup-star

"just a passenger" and "lazy final ball". That's what I mean, he is what we Germans call "schlampig" and several other players could have played instead of him and done at least not worse and probably better.

Ozil is a world class mate, stop hating.
Original post by EmperorMustard
Hardly Özil's fault if his teammates fluff the chances he creates.

Or maybe the "chances" he creates are such great chances after all.
Or maybe the "chances" he creates are such great chances after all.

I can think of a couple he laid on a plate for his team mates that they messed up in the last two games alone. But if we're going down that route maybe the goals his team mates scored were tap ins? Shall we watch every goal or chance and judge its individual merit? You may be able to deny the chances created stat based on one tournament, but not over three or four seasons where Özil still comes out on top.

Maybe Arsenal fans are overprotective of Özil but only because many are overcritical. People love heart and soul players like Kuyt but genuine quality doesn't seem as valued. How somebody with so many assists can be accused of having a lazy final ball...I don't even..
SkySports reporting Arsenal have agreed a fee for Khedira.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Birdman1234567
This will be sure to put to bed all the BS criticism Ozil been getting from the still bitter anti arsenal morons. Ozil contribution was silent but present. Next season he will flourish with the right players around him and having gotten used to the pace and strength of the PL.

It's hilarious how fast ppl change their tune about player as soon as they join Arsenal, smh. Just waiting for the Sanchez critique to come in, because it will.

It's already begun with Sanchez. According to Durham he was a Barca misfit! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
It's already begun with Sanchez. According to Durham he was a Barca misfit! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was
Original post by qwerty_mad

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a "according to reports in Spain" so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Original post by qwerty_mad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Expect a flurry of Khedira critique over the coming days from those who haven't already done so :rolleyes:
Original post by baconbutty
He was

You are still here?

You're not a gooner. Naff off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What I've said about Khedira has been said already.

Will he work out for Arsenal, probably. Will he be the guy who sorts out your problem in the centre of the park(i.e. lack of protection in big games), not really. It's got a better chance than Arteta Ramsey when it comes to facing a Toure/Matic style midield who are running with power if Khedira stays back. But I doubt Wenger will be making Khedira stay back. He'll probably have a similar role to Alex song.

It's having a slower but stronger version of Ramires on the team.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah **** Adrian that prick. It's a crime now to be happy that your own teams players won the World Cup for their national team...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest