The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Akame ga kill is really good. *_*

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
Reply 7061
Original post by Iridann
Akame ga kill is really good. *_*

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.

Agreed ^^. After watching 2 episodes, I got addicted :0.
Hunter x Hunter = best show. Apparently something momentous is about to happen in the manga too - so fecking excited!

I think I spend too much time with excessively cynical anibloggers to enjoy shows like SAO or Akame ga Kill - I thought the 1st two episodes of both shows were pretty rubbish. SAO II for not spending any time on making its premise exciting and instead talking on and on at the audience, and Akame ga Kill for failing to maintain any kind of even tone - either go full camp or go full srsbns, don't swing between the two at the drop of a hat. Also putting loads of stills into your fight animation is just a crime when you're an action series.
Original post by caraniel
Hunter x Hunter = best show. Apparently something momentous is about to happen in the manga too - so fecking excited!

I think I spend too much time with excessively cynical anibloggers to enjoy shows like SAO or Akame ga Kill - I thought the 1st two episodes of both shows were pretty rubbish. SAO II for not spending any time on making its premise exciting and instead talking on and on at the audience, and Akame ga Kill for failing to maintain any kind of even tone - either go full camp or go full srsbns, don't swing between the two at the drop of a hat. Also putting loads of stills into your fight animation is just a crime when you're an action series.

I take it you don't read the manga at all but just heard about something big happening :tongue: It is pretty exciting tho :colone:

Not enjoying SAO II so far and that's including episode 2. Pretty dull currently. Had high hopes :sad:
Original post by Keoje
I take it you don't read the manga at all but just heard about something big happening :tongue: It is pretty exciting tho :colone:

Not enjoying SAO II so far and that's including episode 2. Pretty dull currently. Had high hopes :sad:

Oh I'm up to date with the manga, just read a translation of the editors note implying things are going to get even more intense soon.
Oh I'm up to date with the manga, just read a translation of the editors note implying things are going to get even more intense soon.

:shock:

I can't wait for the next few chapters then :teeth:

Oh wow, I'm so tempted to just read the manga but my friend who's already up to date is telling me to stick to the anime as it's much better as the art of HxH isn't that great. Ah decisions. I think I'll probably crack in a few weeks.
Reply 7067
If star platinum was a character/item/card in a game it would be considered way over powered.:hmmm: That might mean its appearance would be a rare occurrence. Not something to be brought out at every opportunity.:hmmm:
Is anyone else watching Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club! ?

It's probably my favourite anime of the season so far & is one of the funniest anime I've seen in ages. The narrator is just exactly my sort of humour & pretty much everything he says gets a genuine laugh out of me. The rest of the show is also pretty amusing & fun to watch. Highly recommended.
Hello guys,
I haven't watched anything new since last autumn (I watched SnK then). I also started No Game No Life but it didn't seem very interesting, kinda reminded me of SAO. I might have misjudged it though, since I only saw one or two episodes.
I wanna ask you if there are any animes from 2014 that you can recommend? Anything you think is worth watching (and why?)
I'm new to this forum so sorry for being, uh, kinda awkward I guess.
Original post by tomikocchi
Hello guys,
I haven't watched anything new since last autumn (I watched SnK then). I also started No Game No Life but it didn't seem very interesting, kinda reminded me of SAO. I might have misjudged it though, since I only saw one or two episodes.
I wanna ask you if there are any animes from 2014 that you can recommend? Anything you think is worth watching (and why?)
I'm new to this forum so sorry for being, uh, kinda awkward I guess.

Welcome to the society. :smile:

For me, the best series of the year so far has been Sidonia no Kishi, which shares quite a few core themes with Shingeki no Kyojin - the last remnants of humanity, desperately battling against a much larger, poorly understood threat being the obvious one. Coincidentally, they can also both be abbreviated to SnK. :tongue: The major difference is of course that Sidonia is set in space, and so is more sci-fi than medieval-style fantasy. Oh, and the CGI animation has put a few people off, but personally I think it works well, particularly in the battle scenes. :yes:

Other shows that I'd suggest from earlier this year would be Hoozuki no Reitetsu (a dark comedy set in Japanese hell), Hitsugi no Chaika (a decent action/fantasy series, with a second series due next season) and/or Kill la Kill (a ridiculously OTT but fantastically stylish series, which shares most of its staff with Gurren Lagann).

Lastly, if you're interested in the current season's offerings, my top three would be Zankyou no Terror, Aldnoah Zero and Barakamon, though that's based on only the 1-2 eps of each that have aired so far. The former two had plenty of well-animated action scenes from the get-go, while the latter is one of the most enjoyable slice of life/comedy series I've seen in a long time.

Hope that something there takes your interest. :redface:
lol Bakumatsu Rock is hilarious. And it doesn't intend to be :rofl:
Hey everyone, I'm Francesca (call me Fran if you prefer) ^#^

If you're interested, I have an account on myanimelist to keep track of the anime I've watched/currently watching/plan to watch~

I finished mirai nikki (future diary) recently and that blew my mind e.e It has become my favourite ^#^
Original post by Furandesu
Hey everyone, I'm Francesca (call me Fran if you prefer) ^#^

If you're interested, I have an account on myanimelist to keep track of the anime I've watched/currently watching/plan to watch~

I finished mirai nikki (future diary) recently and that blew my mind e.e It has become my favourite ^#^

Welcome to the society! :biggrin:

That's an interesting anime list, quite a mix of newer and older series, popular and obscure ones. I'm slightly intrigued as to why you started with the third series of Galaxy Angel, but I guess it doesn't make much difference in a series like that which has no running plot. :p:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Finally finished Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood :smile: Its the first long(ish) series i've finished excluding the childhood anime which i've seen too many times. If a 64 episode series can hold my attention then it has truely earnt the top spot on MAL/AP. As a series it very few major flaws, the start is a bit slow but otherwise its fine. A juicy 4/5 on AP!

Also finished Black Lagoon tonight, that too hasn't disappointed me really. Now its time to crack on with the season :biggrin:

I've tried watching FMA but like you said the start is kinda slow so i ended up leaving it. I need to get motivated to watch it because i'm sure i'll like it.

Black Lagoon is one of my favourite animes :sogood: i love it! Speaking of which does anyone know any anime similar to Black Lagoon? I watched Jormungand recently which is similar and it's a brilliant anime, so sad there's no more :frown:

I'm currently in the middle of watching the Rebirth of Evangelion but i get so lazy. I'm on the 2nd movie.

Anyone still keeping up with Naruto manga?
Original post by brownsugar-xx
Black Lagoon is one of my favourite animes :sogood: i love it! Speaking of which does anyone know any anime similar to Black Lagoon? I watched Jormungand recently which is similar and it's a brilliant anime, so sad there's no more :frown:

Possibly Canaan, or any of Bee Train's Girls & Guns trilogy? (my recommendation would be Madlax; the other two are Noir and El Cazador de la Bruja). :smile:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Welcome to the society! :biggrin:

That's an interesting anime list, quite a mix of newer and older series, popular and obscure ones. I'm slightly intrigued as to why you started with the third series of Galaxy Angel, but I guess it doesn't make much difference in a series like that which has no running plot. :p:

Thank you! Yeah, it's strange ^#^ I started series 3 because I received it as a birthday present ^#^""
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Possibly Canaan, or any of Bee Train's Girls & Guns trilogy? (my recommendation would be Madlax; the other two are Noir and El Cazador de la Bruja). :smile:

Canaan is a very good suggestion but ive seen it already, alphard is sexy af :biggrin:
Never heard of the other suggestions so i'll check them out!

Anyone ever watched Sankarea? I've been thinking about watching it.
Original post by brownsugar-xx
Anyone ever watched Sankarea? I've been thinking about watching it.

I've seen it. :yes: I thought it was one of the best series of its year overall, though it doesn't end very well - the manga is still ongoing, though I hear it's due to end soon, so I'm hoping they'll adapt it to give the anime a sequel and proper closure eventually. :smile:
Guys, i need to ask, the new season of Black Butler (Book of circus) that aired last week, is it set before or after the events of Season 2?

Latest