The Student Room Group

What is the best condiment?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Soy sauce is clearly the best. Although I also love that false cheese stuff you put on burgers which is also very nice. :yum:

Don't like any of the others on that list :tongue:

You don't like ANY of the others? :eek:
Original post by Motorbiker
You don't like ANY of the others? :eek:

None. I'm probably the fussiest eater in the world, and I have a weird thing where I can only eat foods together if the textures compliment each other :colondollar:
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
None. I'm probably the fussiest eater in the world, and I have a weird thing where I can only eat foods together if the textures compliment each other :colondollar:

Oooo, picky eater/ I'm the opposuite normally. Have eaten most things.

I am picky on the textures of food. i can't stand baked beans or kidney beans due to their texture. I grin and bear it in a good chilli though.
Reply 123
Original post by Mushto
Where do you get these bottles?! I get through the small ones soo quickly it's rediculous.

Cash and carry.
They are about a tenner - makes the small bottles look ridiculously pour value!
Sweet Chilli and Garlic Mayo. I love spreading those over chips :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by JC.
Cash and carry.
They are about a tenner - makes the small bottles look ridiculously pour value!

I've seen the industrial mayo at those places in gallon tubs but i think it would jsut encourage me to have way too much, :lol:

Original post by Mav455
Sweet Chilli and Garlic Mayo. I love spreading those over chips :biggrin: :biggrin:

Garlic Mayo! :drool: Also Garlic and Herb mayo at pizza places for dunking takeaway pizza into is awesome.
I've seen the industrial mayo at those places in gallon tubs but i think it would jsut encourage me to have way too much, :lol:

Garlic Mayo! :drool: Also Garlic and Herb mayo at pizza places for dunking takeaway pizza into is awesome.

Lol, Garlic Mayo is way better than normal Mayo methinks. Dont think I even remember what normal mayo tastes like LOL.
I`ve never liked dunking pizza into mayo or chilli, prefer to have it just like that. I remember when I was younger I`d take off all the toppings of the pizza and just have the bread and tomato puree bit lol :biggrin: My family thought I was crazy :smile:
Reply 127

A Gallon??? When we had a café I used to buy the 5 gallon drums mate!
Original post by Mav455
Lol, Garlic Mayo is way better than normal Mayo methinks. Dont think I even remember what normal mayo tastes like LOL.
I`ve never liked dunking pizza into mayo or chilli, prefer to have it just like that. I remember when I was younger I`d take off all the toppings of the pizza and just have the bread and tomato puree bit lol :biggrin: My family thought I was crazy :smile:

Garlic mayo is pretty awesome. Not as versatile though since it doesn't go with everything. Is good with seafood though. :yep:

Original post by JC.
A Gallon??? When we had a café I used to buy the 5 gallon drums mate!

:eek: I'm just too much of an amateur it seems!
Reply 129
Garlic mayo is pretty awesome. Not as versatile though since it doesn't go with everything. Is good with seafood though. :yep:

I find it doesn't garlic enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
I find if you want Garlic mayo it's better to make it yourself.
Start with a mayonnaise you like, put some in a tupparware, and crush up however much garlic you like and stir it in.
Just remember that it'll taste stronger the next day so less is more!

Tesco's basics mayo is MUCH nicer than a lot of the branded ****e. Or, make your own...
RIGHT, mustard is NOT that American style **** you put on hot-dogs.

Proper mustard has to be French or English - and more than a spoonful has to be enough to blow your socks off.

Mustard is the GOAT condiment imo.
Original post by Juno
I find it doesn't garlic enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Add more garlic?

Original post by JC.
I find if you want Garlic mayo it's better to make it yourself.
Start with a mayonnaise you like, put some in a tupparware, and crush up however much garlic you like and stir it in.
Just remember that it'll taste stronger the next day so less is more!

Tesco's basics mayo is MUCH nicer than a lot of the branded ****e. Or, make your own...

Must have to try it. how much garlic per how much mayo would you reccomend?

I personally like Heinz full fat Mayo. It's just soo creamy. :drool:

Original post by Mackay
RIGHT, mustard is NOT that American style **** you put on hot-dogs.

Proper mustard has to be French or English - and more than a spoonful has to be enough to blow your socks off.

Mustard is the GOAT condiment imo.

I agree that english/French mustard is better than american. I like the grainy one the best. Give me that on some steak and i'm a happy guy.
I agree that english/French mustard is better than american. I like the grainy one the best. Give me that on some steak and i'm a happy guy.

It's hard to beat the Germans for mustard, though, and we've got some lovely IKEA stuff in the fridge at the moment.

Amen, sir.

Ever had a salt beef and mustard bagel? I have a feeling you'd love it. Try it out.
Reply 135
Add more garlic?

Must have to try it. how much garlic per how much mayo would you reccomend?

I personally like Heinz full fat Mayo. It's just soo creamy. :drool:

I used to use 3 or 4 cloves for a 1 pint Tupperware.
Original post by O133
It's hard to beat the Germans for mustard, though, and we've got some lovely IKEA stuff in the fridge at the moment.

I actually bought a home made mustard at a xmas market in Colognea few years ago. It was delicious!

Original post by Mackay
Amen, sir.

Ever had a salt beef and mustard bagel? I have a feeling you'd love it. Try it out.

I have not. Should try one. We have Bagelman 2 minutes walk from TSR towers. I should go try it.
Wholegrain mustard is delicious. I especially like it in sandwiches with pork chop or beef. :drool:
Has to be ketchup! It's a classic

Mayo comes a close second esp garlic mayo :drool:

Also this hot chilli/tamarind sauce typically found in asian run chicken and chip shops is just amazing!
Original post by nemothefish19
Has to be ketchup! It's a classic

Mayo comes a close second esp garlic mayo :drool:

Also this hot chilli/tamarind sauce typically found in asian run chicken and chip shops is just amazing!

Imo, i prefer barbeque sauce. it's like ketchup in the sense that it can go on way more things than other stuff

Quick Reply

Latest