The Student Room Group

Funniest slang terms you've heard/used

I'm from nw london and the most common ones are 'wagwaaarn bruv' (whats going on), blud (which is like blood but u say it to your friends i think, not too sure because people throw it around), penging,choongting,buffting (attractive), butters/crutters (unattractive). I never use them (unless joking) but i find them pretty hilarious lol :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

In my school, bumba squid was very popular :yep:

"Come on, Miss, man! Bumba squid!"
Reply 2
My personal favourite is, 'gypsy's kiss'... as in to pee :smile:
Reply 3
The worst one was 'Skeeeeeeeeen' lucky it only had a brief appearance of 2yrs back in 2009-2010. Sounds horrible.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skeen&page=2
Reply 4
I hated the skeeen one. I had a fight with my friend because he kept saying it to annoy me.
Jheeze!

batty boi and bumbaclart always make me lol
Original post by amood00
The worst one was 'Skeeeeeeeeen' lucky it only had a brief appearance of 2yrs back in 2009-2010. Sounds horrible.

Omggggggg skeeeeeeeen!!!!! How an i forget!!! :rofl: it was so overused back in 08/09 xD
Original post by amood00

I think it may be back or my sister may have just discovered it :redface:
Tbh I don't know what any of these terms mean except for 'peng' :lol:
Original post by Arithmeticae
Jheeze!

batty boi and bumbaclart always make me lol

Lmao haven't heard those 2 since i finished high school xD
"Kid's an utter spoon"
Original post by SecretDuck
In my school, bumba squid was very popular :yep:

"Come on, Miss, man! Bumba squid!"

Whats that?
Batty boy annoyed me. Everyone used it even when they weren't homophobic, I would have loved to have put them all in a room and nuked it.
any slang that comes out of my mouth is funny(due to accent) famalam makes me :giggle:
Original post by Secretnerd123
Whats that?

It was a modification of bumbaclart. I never knew what the phrase meant but we all kept using it regardless.
Reply 14
"rah" as in damn or wow
oh ye and

"YOOORRRRRRRRRR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAAATE"
Original post by flou_fboco2
any slang that comes out of my mouth is funny(due to accent) famalam makes me :giggle:

Most people in my area use famalam :giggle: What accent do you have?
Original post by Secretnerd123
Most people in my area use famalam :giggle: What accent do you have?

it just sounds posh (even tho im not posh) so it's like hearing the royal family using slang
"what you say'n?" does my head in. People (mostly boys) from where I live use this a lot. Not only does it confuse me but it also makes them sound very,very stupid.
In certain areas of Yorkshire the words "croggy" "maftin" and "bain" mean "giving someone a lift on your bike", "very very hot (weather)" and "baby"

Quick Reply

Latest