The Student Room Group

NHS graduate scheme.

Anybody have any experience over this procedure and can they help me with it please.

http://www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/application/entry-requirements.aspx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Anybody?
You have met their requirements for the the first screen. It's hard to tell what they look for next. Have you tried tweeting @NHSGradScheme ?
Reply 3
You won't be ruled out on it. I am starting on the Finance stream in Sept. PM me if you want to ask anything specific, don't always see quote notifications!
Reply 4
Original post by TheCareersGuy
You have met their requirements for the the first screen. It's hard to tell what they look for next. Have you tried tweeting @NHSGradScheme ?

Thanks. So the screen won't be held against me. I thought that would have been the case.

They do aptitude tests and then interviews afterwards.
Original post by Tinsley
You won't be ruled out on it. I am starting on the Finance stream in Sept. PM me if you want to ask anything specific, don't always see quote notifications!

How was the whole recruitment/testing process? Do you have finance experience?
Reply 6
Original post by randomgeeza
How was the whole recruitment/testing process? Do you have finance experience?

Tough! 14,848 applications for roughly 100 jobs this year. The top 1000 go through for interviews with senior NHS managers and then the top 300-400 go forward to assessment centres at the Leadership Academy in Leeds. All scores are added up but assessment centre is more strongly weighted apparently.

Not really much finance experience. Couple modules at uni, nothing serious. My brother did the scheme in 2009 so I was able to say I have a good idea of how tough it is etc,
Original post by Tinsley
Tough! 14,848 applications for roughly 100 jobs this year. The top 1000 go through for interviews with senior NHS managers and then the top 300-400 go forward to assessment centres at the Leadership Academy in Leeds. All scores are added up but assessment centre is more strongly weighted apparently.

Not really much finance experience. Couple modules at uni, nothing serious. My brother did the scheme in 2009 so I was able to say I have a good idea of how tough it is etc,

Cool, wow 2 family members took part in the same competitive graduate scheme what are the odds?
Reply 8
Cool, wow 2 family members took part in the same competitive graduate scheme what are the odds?

Haha it would be interesting to know how unusual it is. :smile:
Reply 9

Less than you think.

I know someone who did the same grad scheme as both their parents (Civil Service Fast Stream)
Reply 10
Anybody made their application yet?
NHS apps don't open until Oct.

Quick Reply

Latest