The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Guests at Queens University Belfast

Well hey there...

I'm starting Queens uni in september and I'm hoping to move into Elms Village. I'm just a little curious about how the matter of, erm, 'overnight guests' is resolved. Do you need to book the guest earlier that day? Or can you sign them in at the door when you stumble home after a night at the club?

I've looked on the Queens website and have got 2 completely different answers so I thought I'd come to those with personal experience.

Any answers are appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
I think you have to sign them in at 7pm or something! I'm also thinking of going to Elms Village aswell! What are u studying?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Im studying computer science :smile: What are you going for?
If thats true then that sucks donkey balls! I wonder if the security is strict... Hopefully it isnt too hard to sneak people in!!
Reply 3
Original post by Wondermop
Im studying computer science :smile: What are you going for?
If thats true then that sucks donkey balls! I wonder if the security is strict... Hopefully it isnt too hard to sneak people in!!

I was going to do it, but heard there was a lot of maths in it.. So I changed my mind! Lol. Hopefully not, its so expensive as well! Best of luck for results day! So nervous!
When I went on the accommodation tour they said all guests need to be signed in for matters of fire evacuation etc.
But I don't think there's a certain time as it is student halls and we all know what freshers week is like at least!
So I wouldn't worry.
They have night staff on to sign in 'guests'! :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!
I am also hoping to study in Queen's this September. Because I live outside of N.Ireland, I haven't been able to have an accommodation tour, but my first preference is definitely Elms village! I wonder if anyone that has gone on tours will be able to give me any info on any of the accommodation they've seen?

Original post by studentt2013
Hi guys!
I am also hoping to study in Queen's this September. Because I live outside of N.Ireland, I haven't been able to have an accommodation tour, but my first preference is definitely Elms village! I wonder if anyone that has gone on tours will be able to give me any info on any of the accommodation they've seen?

I went on the tour even though I live here as im nosey and originally from England! I'll have a look and see what I still have and pm you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Feel free to post it here too! Id love to see what its like:biggrin:
Original post by deviant182
I went on the tour even though I live here as im nosey and originally from England! I'll have a look and see what I still have and pm you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, that'll be great, thanks! :biggrin:
So what accommodation and rooms has everyone chosen? :smile:
Reply 10
Ive gone for elms village and chosen either a premium en suite or a normal en suite (:
Ive gone for elms village and chosen either a premium en suite or a normal en suite (:

Same!:smile: have you seen the premium ensuite in person?
Reply 12
Nope. I havent seen any of the accommodation in person yet... have you?
Nope. I havent seen any of the accommodation in person yet... have you?

Nope
The rooms are a good size and the main difference between normal, premium etc are the colour scheme and how they are decorated ie paint with a notice board area or just the breeze block bricks painted white or in premium they will be green or purple. The ensuites are all relatively the same just with a bit more decor to them.
It depends on how much you want to the bedroom.
The communal areas are different in the respect of the sofas are better and bigger in the premium and there is a little bit more room and if I remember rightly a bigger tv. And again the colour scheme and decor is different.
I have a couple of pages about it that are in the prospectus I was given at the open day if anyone wants me to post them?
Hope that helps anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
You can't bring in guests after 11pm if you haven't signed them in already during the day - it's to prevent people sleeping with randoms and regretting it. So you can have like friends over for planned visits. They check you ID or your room key card on the way in for everyone after 11pm.

Although if you 'lose' your room key card and go and get another - you then have 2 - one that works and one that doesn't - if you are bringing a guest in after 11 you can just give them the spare to walk in with and nobody cares - everyone does that - there are always a few spares floating around...
Can someone post a picture of the Premium En Suite? Thanks :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hey I was just wondering if people living in the Halls together were allowed to stay in each other's rooms?
Reply 18
Original post by Caithlin
Hey I was just wondering if people living in the Halls together were allowed to stay in each other's rooms?

Once you're past the front gate you can basically go anywhere you like / do anything you want. So as long as you're both living there then there's no problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending