The Student Room Group

Is anyone going to protest for Palestine?! (In London or Birmingham)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SMEGGGY
Isolated? are you watching Hamas TV or something... :rolleyes:

US, UK, Germany, France, Egypt even have not said they condemn the actions of Israel [but support] against the terrorists in Palestine. The UN did not issue any condemnation statements either.

Palestinians need to realise when they accept Israel and get rid of Hamas as their government and elect one that's going to sit down with Israel and say they want a two state existence, peace will never prevail.

Oblivious to what part of Israel you regard as occupation :confused:

You seek revenge, then they'll be no Palestinians left at the end. What a waste of lives and effort. They have land, they can make it a nice country, but instead they youth are taught to hate and kill, not prosper and educate themselves and erect homes.

WASTE!

You're truly foolish if you actually believe israel isn't isolated than ever before. But I'm going to leave you be in your own world considering you don't know this very BASIC fact.
There will be NO peace without justice, there will be NO peace with occupation. We aren't subhumans, and we will demand our numerous violated rights to be met. For this to happen, occupation must end, but then what? I'm afraid israel relies too much on occupation and oppression of another nation to ensure its existence.

Now goodbye. As I said, we'll see how things turn out over the coming years. ISRAEL allowed hamas to become more powerful through its terrorist operations that target palestinian civilians and collectively punish them, then expects to get away with its actions. Do you not realise wtf you're doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Israelis are innocent too, they have daily rockets launched at them indiscriminately. I'll come over to your place of residence and hurl stones at your house and see how tolerant you'd be... :rolleyes:

You obviously haven't seen my other post where I have said that their are victims on both sides. Violence is never the answer however both governments are uncompromising. What makes you think that Gaza and the West bank are not being bombarded indiscriminately? Palestinians have had their land and rights taken away by Israel - this is a fact.
And in reference to your last sentence, that's what's happening in Palestine, you can't be surprised that they have retaliated to this prolonged injustice.
Original post by DeemzBeamz
You're truly foolish if you actually believe israel isn't isolated than ever before. But I'm going to leave you be in your own world considering you don't know this very BASIC fact.
There will be NO peace without justice, there will be NO peace with occupation. We aren't subhumans, and we will demand our numerous violated rights to be met. For this to happen, occupation must end, but then what? I'm afraid israel relies too much on occupation and oppression of another nation to ensure its existence.

Now goodbye. As I said, we'll see how things turn out over the coming years. ISRAEL allowed hamas to become more powerful through its terrorist operations that target palestinian civilians and collectively punish them, then expects to get away with its actions. Do you not realise wtf you're doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Israel doesn't occupy Gaza, which is why people who live there are able to build and operate tools for strategic bombardment of Israel.

The basic problem here is that Palestine can't decide if it wants to be a state or not. If it is a state, it must act like one, which means it cannot attack other states and must effectually stop its civil population doing so. On the other hand, if it isn't a state, then it should be part of another state - either Israel, or Egypt and Jordan - who would enforce their own laws there, not a lawless no-man's-land.

It seems to me that Palestine wants a sort of middle ground: a situation in which it is not occupied by any state, but does not have to obey the laws of states itself. A kind of hippy commune with nerve gas and rockets. This is intolerably anti-social.
They fire rockets at Israel

Israel fires back

What do they have to feel victimised about? :confused:
Original post by Observatory
Israel doesn't occupy Gaza, which is why people who live there are able to build and operate tools for strategic bombardment of Israel.

The basic problem here is that Palestine can't decide if it wants to be a state or not. If it is a state, it must act like one, which means it cannot attack other states and must effectually stop its civil population doing so. On the other hand, if it isn't a state, then it should be part of another state - either Israel, or Egypt and Jordan - who would enforce their own laws there, not a lawless no-man's-land.

It seems to me that Palestine wants a sort of middle ground: a situation in which it is not occupied by any state, but does not have to obey the laws of states itself. A kind of hippy commune with nerve gas and rockets. This is intolerably anti-social.

Gaza is under siege which is worse than occupation. The west bank is under occupation. But good job ignoring that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yo radical one
They fire rockets at Israel

Israel fires back

What do they have to feel victimised about? :confused:

Exactly. They are very dense these Palestinians and their supporters abroad. :rolleyes:
Gaza is under siege which is worse than occupation. The west bank is under occupation. But good job ignoring that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blah Blah Blah nobody gives a flying **** other than the terrorists.

Netanyahu tells West: Israel won't rest until Gaza demilitarized

I love this live feed. It tells the world how many evil terrorists have been sent to hell.

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Netanyahu-tells-West-Israel-wont-rest-until-Gaza-demilitarized-363044
Original post by SMEGGGY
Exactly. They are very dense these Palestinians and their supporters abroad. :rolleyes:

Israel steals land (1948) and makes hundreds of thousands refugees.
Israel commits massacres against villagers and wipes out over 400 villages (1946-1949)
Israel occupies the remaining land (1967) and makes many people refugees again
Israel builds settlements (1967)
Israel kills lebanese (1982 and 2006)
Hamas is formed as a retaliation (1987)
Suicide bombings begin and last up until 2006
Gaza is under siege and still is for over 8 years
Whilst the siege is implemented israel thinks it can get away with targeting palestinian civilians in gaza aswell as hamas militants which violates the terms of the ceasefire
Hamas fires rockets into Israel
Israel retaliates by massacring entire families and blowing the heads of children
Israel blames hamas

Please stfu and keep things in context.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY

I love this live feed. It tells the world how many evil terrorists have been sent to hell.

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Netanyahu-tells-West-Israel-wont-rest-until-Gaza-demilitarized-363044

Exactly. You look at this conflict without a single bother of the suffering the Palestinians have endured throughout many decades.

The real terrorist here are zionists. Starting from killing the brits in 1946 in the King David hotel bombing before their state was even formed right up until now.

What is taken by force shall be returned by force if you have such a mindset.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Israel steals land (1948) and makes hundreds of thousands refugees.

You're a total liar

1947 the UN offers both sides a two state solution with Jerusalem administrated by the UN for Christians, Jews and Muslims

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine

The Israeli side accepts this offer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine#Jews

The Arab side rejects it and declares war on the pro-Israel camp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine#Arabs

This war happens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947%E2%80%9348_Civil_War_in_Mandatory_Palestine

Israel manages to win and secures its borders, yet somehow the historically ignorant think Israel is the oppressor and Arabs are the victims
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY
Is it though? that's my point duh! - They are living with it (those that are alive) so should Palestinians accept Israel.

Why should they?? Israel have disproportionately taken land and left the indigenous Palestinians as refugees who all live in terror.An internal State Department memorandum accurately predicted how Israel would be born through armed aggression masked as defense:

“...the Jews will be the actual aggressors against the Arabs. However, the Jews will claim that they are merely defending the boundaries of a state which were traced by the UN...In the event of such Arab outside aid the Jews will come running to the Security Council with the claim that their state is the object of armed aggression and will use every means to obscure the fact that it is their own armed aggression against the Arabs inside which is the cause of Arab counter-attack.”
And American Vice Consul William J. Porter foresaw another outcome of the partition plan: that no Arab State would actually ever come to be in Palestine

I wish Israel and Palestine could both live in peace but Israel needs to understand the unjust movement of zionism and making the living arrangement fair.

Original post by SMEGGGY
Long Live Israel and it's people! :biggrin:

Long live Palestine and it's people!!
Original post by SMEGGGY

And these children (4) who have just been hit with an Israeli strike:

"Behind the smoke, I see four figures running, silhouettes whose legs are pumping raggedly. From their size it is clear they are a man and three young boys.
Only afterwards do we discover there are four others who are dead, all children, lying on the wall. I am shown a picture of one of the dead boys, his skin scorched and bruised. Their names are released later: Ahed Bakr, aged 10; Zakaria, 10; and two other boys from the Bakr family, both named Mohammad, aged 11 and nine.
The second shell catches the survivors as they reach the brightly coloured tents. As it explodes, my colleagues, now standing by the terrace wall, shout at unseen Israeli gunners who can't hear them: "They are only children."
The children are brought up. Pulling up the T-shirt of the first boy, who looks about eight years old, we find a shrapnel hole, small and round as a pencil head, where he has been hit in the chest over the second rib.
The boy cries in pain as we clean and dress the wound, wrapping a field dressing around his chest, pressing to staunch the bleeding. He winces in pain, and he is clearly embarrassed too as a colleague checks his shorts to look for unseen femoral bleeding.
A waiter grabs a table cloth to use as a stretcher, but a photographer takes the boy in his arms to carry him to the ambulance that has arrived.
In less than 10 minutes it is over. Even the smoke on the pier has died away, save for a last few drifting wisps." - Source

And their funeral procession which is currently happening right now:

Not only applauding but glorifying the killing of these young children and calling them terrorists who will go to hell. Sickening. Absolutely sickening.

EDIT: To include the what appears to be the airstrike photo. Not confirmed...
(edited 9 years ago)

Why did the Palestinians need to accept? The land was already theirs, no?
No, this is awfully one-sided, biased and unhelpful. Protest against the conflict by all means, but don't push the blame onto Israel. Both sides are to blame for this conflict - just because Israel has more powerful weapons doesn't mean everything is automatically their fault.
Original post by tsr1269
Why did the Palestinians need to accept? The land was already theirs, no?

It's an interesting question

Prior to that, it was controlled by the British

Before, the Ottomans

Before them other Arab states

Who took it from Crusading Christians

Who took it from Islamic states

But these Islamic states took it from the Romans

Who took it from the Greeks

Who took it from the Persians

See what I mean, you can't really argue that the Palestinians have a specific right to the land anymore than quite a lot of other people
Original post by Chlorophile
No, this is awfully one-sided, biased and unhelpful. Protest against the conflict by all means, but don't push the blame onto Israel. Both sides are to blame for this conflict - just because Israel has more powerful weapons doesn't mean everything is automatically their fault.

ok so you might aswell support the oppressor considering you're neutral. "Both sides are as bad as each other"

Remind me when did palestinians occupy israelis
When did we impose curfews as collective punishment
When di we conduct night raids and terrorise childrne once they wake up
When did we impose a siege as collective punishment
When did we wipe out entire extended families
When did we steal land by claiming it's going to be confiscated
When did we build illegal settlements
When did we put kids under administrative detentions illegally, children as young as 3
When did we plant checkpoints through every israeli city even in the centre
When did we have settlers in Israel to burn olives trees and terrorise farmers and children walking by
When did we build seperation roads

You're irrelevant if you're going to sit by and ignore these things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's an interesting question

Prior to that, it was controlled by the British

Before, the Ottomans

Before them other Arab states

Who took it from Crusading Christians

Who took it from Islamic states

But these Islamic states took it from the Romans

Who took it from the Greeks

Who took it from the Persians

See what I mean, you can't really argue that the Palestinians have a specific right to the land anymore than quite a lot of other people

The British held themselves out to be the custodians or the guardians of that area of land. Then the UN came in and apparently gave 55% of the land to Israel.

Who invited the UN to the party?
Original post by SMEGGGY

You are so pathetic and narrow-minded! Gaza is NOT made of just terrorists, we are talking about INNOCENT people here. Lots of terrorists have originated from Israel itself through the Zionist movement. Imagine having your homeland and even basic human rights ripped away from you. Just in case you have forgotten, terrorists use unauthorised violence and intimidation which Israel have used and shown numerously. You'll probably reply back saying well done Israel blah blah blah because it appears your hatred is far higher than the amount of sympathy and understanding you have.
Peace.
Original post by Chlorophile

One would then assume with their more powerful ans superior weapons, they would be more accurate with their weapons and not target these 4 kids who were killed not 2 hours, no?

Original post by tsr1269
The British held themselves out to be the custodians or the guardians of that area of land. Then the UN came in and apparently gave 55% of the land to Israel.

Who invited the UN to the party?

The British

this was then voted for just like the UN today

You should also bear in mind that it gave the whole of Transjordan to the Arabs, before you start complaining that the British were somehow acting in Jewish interests.

Quick Reply

Latest