The Student Room Group

I FINALLY have a girlfriend! Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saralouise95
What would you class a relationship as then? As in your definition, I'm interested to know. Wow she's only just 15 then? That makes this whole situation even worse hahaha oh god

Posted from TSR Mobile

We talk, tell each other that we love each other/care for each other/call each other pet names/plan in our book what we want to watch/bake/cook with each other when we meet.
What would you class a relationship as then? As in your definition, I'm interested to know. Wow she's only just 15 then? That makes this whole situation even worse hahaha oh god

Posted from TSR Mobile

Six year difference.

I'm done with life.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
Yes, her mother knows, she's okay with it. I know that, the law is regarding sex, sex isn't a relationship.

Okay well since no one else in the thread has been able to show you how messed up this is, I'm not gonna try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We talk, tell each other that we love each other/care for each other/call each other pet names/plan in our book what we want to watch/bake/cook with each other when we meet.

It is all a fantasy, or it is in your imagination.

Sounds like a friendship to me. If you're happy then good for you but I don't see it being a relationship until you've at least met her and had some form of physical contact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EatAndRevise
Six year difference.

I'm done with life.

5 year, 10 months, 29 days and 21 hours age gap.

That is so sad.
Sounds like a friendship to me. If you're happy then good for you but I don't see it being a relationship until you've at least met her and had some form of physical contact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I regard it as a relationship as we're in love with each other. We're very happy. When we meet I'll prove you wrong!
That is so sad.

I know... It's quite annoying but as we get older it won't matter. She doesn't care about it though.

I regard it as a relationship as we're in love with each other. We're very happy. When we meet I'll prove you wrong!

PLEASE do come back and message me in ten years when you're happily married with kids. I'd loved to be proved wrong; I very much doubt it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PLEASE do come back and message me in ten years when you're happily married with kids. I'd loved to be proved wrong; I very much doubt it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, but not all internet relationships fail.
Reply 212
do you have any siblings her age or younger? if you do, imagine them dating someone your age or older, then you'll understand why everybody thinks this relationship is inappropriate. :smile:
I know... It's quite annoying but as we get older it won't matter. She doesn't care about it though.

No the fact that you said exactly how long the age gap is, is sad.

But the majority do, based on many reasons. One reason is: You will act differently when you are face-to-face with your 'girlfriend', on skype is completely different to being in person.
When they meet (2:15) (awkward as ****):

[video="youtube;cJdV2hYwpag"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJdV2hYwpag[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CBftw
do you have any siblings her age or younger? if you do, imagine them dating someone your age or older, then you'll understand why everybody thinks this relationship is inappropriate. :smile:

I do, as long as he/she treats them well it's fine.

But the chances are they're around the same age, the chances of seeing them are high. You probably won't ever meet this girl, let alone have a relationship with her. Plus the fact still stands, she's a child (you can't deny that) and that's wrong, even if you say 'love is love' and isn't anything sexual. When I think back to when I was 15, I certainly wasn't ready for a relationship. She may not be the same in real life, go out and find a girl in real life who is around the same age as you.
But the majority do, based on many reasons. One reason is: You will act differently when you are face-to-face with your 'girlfriend', on skype is completely different to being in person.

Original post by manchesterunited15
When they meet (2:15) :

[video="youtube;cJdV2hYwpag"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJdV2hYwpag[/video]

This. The vast vast majority don't last - especially because it's your first relationship!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No the fact that you said exactly how long the age gap is, is sad.

I know it's upsetting but there's nothing I can do.

Quick Reply

Latest