The Student Room Group

Changing your confirmed place and university?

I applied through UCAS and was given an unconditional offer at a University of my choice which i accepted some months ago. I now have decided that i want to change my course to something more specific and at a different institution that i recently visited.

My questions are :

How would one go about this ?

Is there any security ? i.e. is it possible that i could easily be rejected and be stuck out of education for the year.

How would this affect student finance ?
I think you just wait for adjustment in September, that way you can change your course without losing your offer. There is a video about it on the UCAS website :smile:
Original post by Samuel1988
I think you just wait for adjustment in September, that way you can change your course without losing your offer. There is a video about it on the UCAS website :smile:

OP has an unconditional offer and is not therefore eligible for adjustment, which in any case takes place in the 5 days after results day in August.

OP, you are going to have to ask for your current university to let you go and either enter clearing or take a gap year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by carnationlilyrose
OP has a conditional offer and is not therefore eligible for adjustment, which in any case takes place in the 5 days after results day in August.

OP, you are going to have to ask for your current university to let you go and either enter clearing or take a gap year.

I think you mean unconditional
Reply 4
Original post by whoelse
I applied through UCAS and was given an unconditional offer at a University of my choice which i accepted some months ago. I now have decided that i want to change my course to something more specific and at a different institution that i recently visited.

My questions are :

How would one go about this ?

Is there any security ? i.e. is it possible that i could easily be rejected and be stuck out of education for the year.

How would this affect student finance ?

You need to contact your univeristy and ask to be released from your offer. Then you can enter clearing in August. If you find a suitable course in clearing all you have to do is update student finance with this information and it shouldn't cause any problems. My advice would be to make sure this 'other institution' will accept you. Once you are released from your unconditional offer you cannot go back. You have to try your luck in clearing and not everyone gets what they want. Good luck and don't rush into anything.
Original post by nulli tertius
I think you mean unconditional

I did indeed. Well spotted. I shall go back and edit my post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending