The Student Room Group

Women "make me a sandwich"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kumon
Society has come to the stage where some things are messed up.

I was in a summer camp and me and some other guys were given a list of tasks that needed doing.

One of them involved lifting heavy huge logs, naturally as a man who has done this on numerous camps I thought without thinking I should do that along with the other guys.

The other list included preparing the food like sandwiches etc.
So I asked one of the girls in the camp if they wanted to do that since the logs were pretty huge and needed cutting, she said "sure" and smiled :smile: and I reckon she was flirting because she likes the idea of muscluar guys cutting wood etc, you know what I mean about preference.

Anyway a few seconds later another girl came over and said
"how sexist of you, you pig! Just because you are a man don't think we can't do it"

I was shocked to even say anything at this point, because I wasn't expecting such a response from someone who I didn't even ask to randomly butt in and it's been the harmless accepted norm for thousands of years.

The other girl said no it's fine I want to, but then the other said "no we need to stand up against men"

At this point, I said "**** it, i'll make my own sandwich and do the logs if you have such a big problem with it, even though I didn't ask you, and it says so on the list"

What is it with some of these militant feminist girls and women who hate men so much, I didn't even do anything wrong!

How can I go about in the future making sure something like this doesn't happen again???
And don't say do everything, since that list was huge, and I did many things already.

Edit the title is that more people read it.

Why were you assigning tasks to the women? Are you the camp leader?
Just let her do the logs. Make the sandwiches real quick and then sit there and watch her struggle.
Original post by #Ridwan
The average man is stronger than the average woman and therefore it makes more sense to have men completing strenuous physical activity.

This isn't sexism, it's biology.

You can't argue with science.

Let's see.

1. Doesn't seem to know what average means.
2. Doesn't understand the applicability of population statistics to individuals.
3. Doesn't understand science.
4. Incapable of forming basic logical arguments.

The stupid is strong with this one.
Original post by betaglucowhat
Let's see.

2. Doesn't understand the applicability of population statistics to individuals.

So you're claiming that the average woman is just as strong as the average man?

Stop reading Jezebel and take your radicalism elsewhere.
Let's see.

You're a bit dumb aren't you?
So here's my guess: betaglucowhat is studying some kind of science at university, whereas you other two are not.
Original post by cole-slaw
So here's my guess: betaglucowhat is studying some kind of science at university, whereas you other two are not.

If you classify gender studies as science, then yeah.
Original post by #Ridwan
So you're claiming that the average woman is just as strong as the average man?

No, that would be odd. I was explaining that you don't seem to know what average means, the applicability of population statistics to individuals, how science works, or how to formulate a decent argument.

Stop reading Jezebel and take your radicalism elsewhere.

If basic numeracy is radical I assume Jezebel has shifted to some kind of statistics blog?
Original post by ChickenMadness
You're a bit dumb aren't you?

About an awful lot of things, most certainly.
Original post by #Ridwan
The average man is stronger than the average woman and therefore it makes more sense to have men completing strenuous physical activity.

This isn't sexism, it's biology.

You can't argue with science.

Okay, here's some science:

Why don't the strongest people just do the lifting? The sexism lies in assuming a girl is automatically more suited to making sandwiches than lifting anything.

What if you had a chef boy and a weightlifter girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Pussy Galore
"Society has come to the stage where things are messed up"

Stopped reading

Lmfao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell her to **** off and that feminism has no place in the modern world
Reply 32
I bet she's like
Omg that's so sexist, just because you assume she's a woman...
Then they end up doing the cooking rather than carrying the logs
almost everytime
Reply 33
Don't assume women want to do food preparation and avoid physical tasks because they are women.

I'll ask my wife about that when a 200 kilo piece of furniture needs to be moved, a jar needs to be opened or a tire changed. I'll get back to you with her answer. Don't hold your breath though, it will probably be 85% censored.
Original post by Obiejess
Okay, here's some science:

Why don't the strongest people just do the lifting? The sexism lies in assuming a girl is automatically more suited to making sandwiches than lifting anything.

What if you had a chef boy and a weightlifter girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely a chef would volunteer immediately for cooking? Likewise, a weightlifter for lifting.

In the absence of any of this information, it's best to assume that lifting would be most suited to those whose bodies look appropriate for it.
No, that would be odd. I was explaining that you don't seem to know what average means, the applicability of population statistics to individuals, how science works, or how to formulate a decent argument.

If basic numeracy is radical I assume Jezebel has shifted to some kind of statistics blog?

Care to explain how this is the case?

On average, men are stronger than women hence they are more suited to lifting.
Reply 36
Original post by Snagprophet
Isn't the whole women making sandwiches an American thing? It doesn't seem to have any basis in reality in this country.

That it's sexist, that anyone thinks of it or uses it mock women, that is.

This is teh correct. It's as absurd as making jokes about PBR beer or worrying about your 401k.
Gah, i hate girls like the ones in the op. So stuck up... They need to be put down and sorted out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
should have asked her to swap then, you make sandwiches and she lifts and cuts the logs. I am all for equality, but being that sensitive is just stupidity.
Original post by kumon
Society has come to the stage where some things are messed up.

I was in a summer camp and me and some other guys were given a list of tasks that needed doing.

One of them involved lifting heavy huge logs, naturally as a man who has done this on numerous camps I thought without thinking I should do that along with the other guys.

The other list included preparing the food like sandwiches etc.
So I asked one of the girls in the camp if they wanted to do that since the logs were pretty huge and needed cutting, she said "sure" and smiled :smile: and I reckon she was flirting because she likes the idea of muscluar guys cutting wood etc, you know what I mean about preference.

Anyway a few seconds later another girl came over and said
"how sexist of you, you pig! Just because you are a man don't think we can't do it"

I was shocked to even say anything at this point, because I wasn't expecting such a response from someone who I didn't even ask to randomly butt in and it's been the harmless accepted norm for thousands of years.

The other girl said no it's fine I want to, but then the other said "no we need to stand up against men"

At this point, I said "**** it, i'll make my own sandwich and do the logs if you have such a big problem with it, even though I didn't ask you, and it says so on the list"

What is it with some of these militant feminist girls and women who hate men so much, I didn't even do anything wrong!

How can I go about in the future making sure something like this doesn't happen again???
And don't say do everything, since that list was huge, and I did many things already.

Edit the title is that more people read it.

Hold a rational discussion with the girls and agree amongst yourselves as a group who would like to do what tasks. Some people may prefer wood chopping, some would prefer making sandwiches and some wouldn't mind either. It's up to the individual and is not determined by gender - it's not polite to automatically assume that as a female they won't be good at chopping wood after all what if they're an athlete?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending