The Student Room Group

Is anyone going to protest for Palestine?! (In London or Birmingham)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeemzBeamz
ok so you might aswell support the oppressor considering you're neutral. "Both sides are as bad as each other"

Remind me when did palestinians occupy israelis
When did we impose curfews as collective punishment
When di we conduct night raids and terrorise childrne once they wake up
When did we impose a siege as collective punishment
When did we wipe out entire extended families
When did we steal land by claiming it's going to be confiscated
When did we build illegal settlements
When did we put kids under administrative detentions illegally, children as young as 3
When did we plant checkpoints through every israeli city even in the centre
When did we have settlers in Israel to burn olives trees and terrorise farmers and children walking by
When did we build seperation roads

You're irrelevant if you're going to sit by and ignore these things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and they always feel the need to kill innocent children as young as 5 months! The Scumbags.
http://www.citizennews.co.ke/news/2012/international/item/20882-israel-tells-families-to-leave-gaza
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mightyfrog2_10

You killed a 4 day old baby just yesterday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gaza is under siege which is worse than occupation. The west bank is under occupation. But good job ignoring that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blockade and occupation are the natural result of trying to wage war against a militarily superior state. The reason I focus on Gaza is that blockade is a lesser penalty than occupation: a merely blockaded state retains an independent policy and so can choose either to continue the war (as Gaza has done) or to offer a peaceful settlement (which it has not). An occupied territory is under the control of the occupier and has no agency.

There is a war in Gaza because the Gaza state will not credibly promise not to attack Israel in the future nor to stop its citizens from attacking Israel, and punish them if they do.

From reading the Hamas charter, I believe the reason for this is that the government of Gaza will not abandon its irredentist claims to territory that Israel will not surrender. Since it seems that the majority of Gazans elected this government, Gaza has no strong grounds to complain about a state they are waging war against attacking them.
Original post by yo radical one
The British

this was then voted for just like the UN today

Voted for by who? The people of Palestine? The Arabs?

You should also bear in mind that it gave the whole of Transjordan to the Arabs, before you start complaining that the British were somehow acting in Jewish interests.

Please don't try and preempt or engage in whataboutery in order to detract from the issue at hand.
Original post by tsr1269
Voted for by who? The people of Palestine? The Arabs?

Please don't try and preempt or engage in whataboutery in order to detract from the issue at hand.

The UN members voted on the British proposed resolution

Some said no

Some said yes

Some abstained

*Waits for, "The Palestinians should not have to have accepted the outcome, since the UN had no business there"*
The UN members voted on the British proposed resolution

Some said no

Some said yes

Some abstained

I'm curious: Do we invite people from other countries to vote in our national elections?

What a moronic argument,.

*Waits for, "The Palestinians should not have to have accepted the outcome, since the UN had no business there"*

Looks like you'll be waiting a very long time...
Original post by tsr1269
I'm curious: Do we invite people from other countries to vote in our national elections?

What a moronic argument,.

It wasn't a national election, it was a UN resolution.

Do we let members states of the UN vote on UN resolutions?

Answer = yes

Original post by tsr1269

Looks like you'll be waiting a very long time...

Lol

that is basically what you said
Reply 227

Answer = yes

Lol

Looking to see at which point his verbal gymnastics send you in o meltdown.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You killed a 4 day old baby just yesterday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

*they not me!
Have israel found those who killed the three teenagers? wasn't that what made them angry in the first place? or was it Fatah and Hamas unity that made them all touchy and those teenagers were just an excuse to bombard the innocent Palestinians..
(edited 9 years ago)
293387-palestine-mother.jpg

Gaza is half children.jpg

gaza 3.JPG

kindgaza.jpg

IP_conflict_deaths_total.png

If you write children of Gaza, this is what you will see.
Original post by Observatory
From reading the Hamas charter, I believe the reason for this is that the government of Gaza will not abandon its irredentist claims to territory that Israel will not surrender. Since it seems that the majority of Gazans elected this government, Gaza has no strong grounds to complain about a state they are waging war against attacking them.

If you want to play the Charter card, then let's play the "Israel doesn't give a crap about peace" because the governing party's charter says so:

"The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river. The Palestinians can run their lives freely in the framework of self-rule, but not as an independent and sovereign state. "

"The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting."

"Jerusalem is the eternal, united capital of the State of Israel and only of Israel. The government will flatly reject Palestinian proposals to divide Jerusalem."

How can you deny others the opportunity that was granted to you?
Original post by Ggmu!
Looking to see at which point his verbal gymnastics send you in o meltdown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It never will

The point is not to change his opinion (he clearly has personal interests and will never change) as much as it is to show how biased and/or stupid you have to be, not to accept Israel's existence

:wink:

Admittedly, it does slightly grate me how these people only think the UN should matter when it's Israel breaking resolutions, but that the UN is an evil Jewish conspiracy whenever it's a resolution the Palestinians don't like.
(edited 9 years ago)

Answer = yes

Could you answer the question that was posed to you:

"Do we invite people from other countries to vote in our national elections?"

It's an easy question and I don't foresee any problems given the forthright assertions made by you in this thread..

Lol

I believe you have comprehension problems...
Original post by tsr1269
Could you answer the question that was posed to you:

"Do we invite people from other countries to vote in our national elections?"

It's an easy question and I don't foresee any problems given the forthright assertions made by you in this thread..

No we do not, but since it was not a national election, this has absolutely no relevance to the debate any more than the question, "should Ashley Cole have been in the England world cup squad?"

:nothing:

Original post by tsr1269

I believe you have comprehension problems...

Doubtful
Reply 234
Original post by tengentoppa
I am no longer a Muslim.

I went to a few protests about Palestine. Nothing particulary eventful happened and the protest fell entirely on deaf ears.

I'm pretty pessimistic about these protests, given my past experiences. Nothing seems to change.

Give it a rest. They are both as bad as one another..
No we do not, but since it was not a national election, this has absolutely no relevance to the debate any more than the question, "should Ashley Cole have been in the England world cup squad?"

:nothing:

So why did the British invite the UN (made up of MS) to determine what happens to a group of people which these far flung countries had no interest in?

Doubtful

We need to add logical processing problems to that list.

Racking up quite a list, eh?
Original post by tsr1269
If you want to play the Charter card, then let's play the "Israel doesn't give a crap about peace" because the governing party's charter says so:

"The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river. The Palestinians can run their lives freely in the framework of self-rule, but not as an independent and sovereign state. "

"The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting."

"Jerusalem is the eternal, united capital of the State of Israel and only of Israel. The government will flatly reject Palestinian proposals to divide Jerusalem."

How can you deny others the opportunity that was granted to you?

I'm not arguing that one or other's claim to the land is more just. That is largely a matter of opinion and I, as an atheist Englishman, have no emotional involvement in the irredentism of either Jews or Muslim Arabs.

The reality is that Israel is the stronger party. If there is an unrestrained conflict between the two on any point, Israel prevails, not the Gaza Strip or West Bank. So the Gaza Strip and West Bank have to decide whether they want to continue their irredentist war, or accept peace on terms that would allow them to live quite, safe, and productive lives, but give up the land.

As best I can tell they consistently, deliberately choose the former, so they must accept the consequences.
Original post by tsr1269
So why did the British invite the UN (made up of MS) to determine what happens to a group of people which these far flung countries had no interest in?

We need to add logical processing problems to that list.

Racking up quite a list, eh?

Because it wasn't a national election (as I previously told you...) it was a question of nationhood and The United Nations, ​deals with matters of nationhood...
Because it wasn't a national election (as I previously told you...) it was a question of nationhood and The United Nations, ​deals with matters of nationhood...

You seem to be intentionally playing the stupid card.

Why did the British not allow the Arabs/Palestinians to determine their own future and involve the UN?

Was the UN involved in India, Pakistan, Australia, or Africa or any number of countries which it decided to leave?

Why in those countries they decided to listen to the views of the people in that land as opposed to the international communities?

I really didn't want to but I felt you were just being intentionally stupid so well done on getting yourself a facepalm.:facepalm2:
Original post by Observatory
I'm not arguing that one or other's claim to the land is more just. That is largely a matter of opinion and I, as an atheist Englishman, have no emotional involvement in the irredentism of either Jews or Muslim Arabs.

The reality is that Israel is the stronger party. If there is an unrestrained conflict between the two on any point, Israel prevails, not the Gaza Strip or West Bank. So the Gaza Strip and West Bank have to decide whether they want to continue their irredentist war, or accept peace on terms that would allow them to live quite, safe, and productive lives, but give up the land.

As best I can tell they consistently, deliberately choose the former, so they must accept the consequences.

So if you allowed a person into your home and he took over half of your home and not content with that, he subjected you to curfews and dictated what you can eat and destroyed parts of your house as well as bringing his cousins over to live at your home permanently, you are telling me you would accept whatever terms this home invader dictated to you?

Quick Reply

Latest